PDA

View Full Version : Part and stuff

Monduce
10-19-2007, 02:50 PM
Anyone know where i can get replacement parts, such as a right lower control arm for a 2002 galant. Tried to get an alignment and was told the lower ball joint has to be replaced before they can proceed. Checked with most of the part stores around where i live but was not able to locate it. Anyone know of any sites that offer decent prices on parts. If not i might have go to dealership and pay thier high prices for parts. Open to suggestions!!!

dknight3
10-19-2007, 03:19 PM
junkyard, dealership or ebay.

pinoyesv6
10-19-2007, 06:57 PM
many dealerships have websites such as don herring that offer special internet pricing. many times its cheaper to buy the part from them and get it shipped than it is to go to the dealership.

you might also want to check better auto parts stores like napa and carquest to see if they have the parts. also small mom and pop auto parts stores are goldmines also. the big chain stores like autozone are only good for like air freshners.

BGR
10-19-2007, 07:14 PM
That's a trip. Here I am looking for some brake parts and I totally forgot about Don Herring - and I was the one that initially found them as a resource for that 3G Eclipse Spyder STB.

Thanks for the reminder Pinoy. I'm going to contact them and see if I can get a better discount on the brake calipers.

Edit -

They don't have calipers listed on their site. :x

Reelax
10-19-2007, 10:04 PM
That's a trip. Here I am looking for some brake parts and I totally forgot about Don Herring - and I was the one that initially found them as a resource for that 3G Eclipse Spyder STB.

Thanks for the reminder Pinoy. I'm going to contact them and see if I can get a better discount on the brake calipers.

Edit -

They don't have calipers listed on their site. :x

if GARY EVANS is still there, he can get it for you... you should call them. he's hooked up alot of us on parts.

Monduce
10-23-2007, 10:28 AM
Well thanks for u guys input. i went to don herring website and they have reasonable prices so i think i might go that route! :lol: