PDA

View Full Version : Some questions...

Distort
10-20-2007, 06:51 PM
1) Do I understand that there is currently NO WAY to convert the 2003 Galant ES to a manual without being able to solve CEL problems? There is no way to fix this right?

2) What is this CARB and SMOG stuff I keep hearing about, and would me buying a CAI affect it?

3) Rough estimate, how much money would it take to properly boost the 2.4 4 cylinder galant? I'm not takling about ghetto, but I'm not talking about exactly top of the line either...

4) How much trouble is it to install TEIN SS springs?

5) How much trouble is it to install the Cross Drilled rotors for the 2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES, and where could I get them cheap?

6) How do I tell if I have a cracked manifold, I would go more into detail, but I'll wait for someone to respond.

7) And finally, how do I tell if my engine mounts, or lower control arms are bad? I got a reeeeal bad shake when braking to 0.

Thanks, if you reply, just put #)Answer here

Thanks again.

bronxbombr
10-21-2007, 07:59 AM
All of your questions can be answered if you look at the stickies and how to's...........Oh ya don't forget the lazy search too.

duh2150
10-21-2007, 08:25 AM
1) you can do the 5 speed youll have engine light jsut go to a junk yard and buy a 2000 ecu.

3) im pretty sure its like 7 psi without throwing a rod

4/5) it depends on how much you work on cars, for me its like nothing

6) never had mine crack

7) does the car shake at idle? when you brake im pretty sure its your rotors, i got a 2000 and i got the stock rotors lol, i can still locke them up thast why i never replaced them, they get warped over time, and im pretty sure that cuases the shake in the wheels, makes the whoel car shake, mine does it too under hard braking liek from 100 to like 50 it shakes like a mother

QnzMostWanted
10-21-2007, 09:48 AM
1) Do I understand that there is currently NO WAY to convert the 2003 Galant ES to a manual without being able to solve CEL problems? There is no way to fix this right?

AS far as I know, there isnt one, im not sure if buying an older ECU will help either

2) What is this CARB and SMOG stuff I keep hearing about, and would me buying a CAI affect it?

thats only in California, SMOG and CARB dont matter in TEXAS

3) Rough estimate, how much money would it take to properly boost the 2.4 4 cylinder galant? I'm not takling about ghetto, but I'm not talking about exactly top of the line either...

that really depends, on what setup u want, roughly i would day $1000-$4000 depending on how u go

4) How much trouble is it to install TEIN SS springs?

if u know what ur doing, 1 hour of install time, hardest part is removing the stab link bolt

5) How much trouble is it to install the Cross Drilled rotors for the 2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES, and where could I get them cheap?

Ebay for the Cheapest, R1 Concepts - they are very easy to put on, remove the caliper, pop the old rotor off, put the new one on, and put the caliper back

6) How do I tell if I have a cracked manifold, I would go more into detail, but I'll wait for someone to respond.

CEL turns on for one

7) And finally, how do I tell if my engine mounts, or lower control arms are bad? I got a reeeeal bad shake when braking to 0.

that sounds like warped rotors, just get them changed

Distort
10-21-2007, 12:57 PM
Thanks a lot QnzMostwanted and Duh2150, you're answers really helped me out a lot. Is there anyone I could talk to about the CEL on the Trany swap that has a sure answer?

And BronxBombr, though I do appreciate you trying to be a mini-mod, try to be more helpful until you become an actual moderator. Being a previous Admin of forums, I found it is more helpful to at least try and help someone, I do know to use the search function, but I was looking for specific answers that I had not found reading the stickies....

duh2150
10-21-2007, 04:27 PM
i did the tranny swap myself you got a 8g right? im pretty sure al lyou gotta do is by another ecu

Distort
10-21-2007, 08:03 PM
It's a 2003, I heard that there is no fix for the CEL...

hsinya
11-14-2009, 08:39 PM
u have to get a 99 or 2000 ecu if u want to get rid of the engine light. the codes are from the 2001+ ecu thinking the auto tranny solenoids are broken because the auto tranny connectors aren't plugged in. also before swapping the ecu u have take to it the dealer, swap ecu and reset the immobilizer to match the ecu

G-spot
11-15-2009, 01:24 AM
u have to get a 99 or 2000 ecu if u want to get rid of the engine light. the codes are from the 2001+ ecu thinking the auto tranny solenoids are broken because the auto tranny connectors aren't plugged in. also before swapping the ecu u have take to it the dealer, swap ecu and reset the immobilizer to match the ecu

Seriously, you need to stop responding to threads that are more than 1 year old. Distort no longer owns a Galant anymore.

hsinya
11-15-2009, 05:59 AM
whoops.... iunno why that happened... i ususally click "new posts" and browse through them... dunno why it was giving me oldass threads...... didn't even notice the dates on them...