PDA

View Full Version : Anybody using an Autotap ODBII scanner?

cdaw2001ES
08-15-2002, 02:42 AM
Wow the price is not as bad as I thought it'd be, but I realsie I'd need to use my notebook pc to use it.
Any pro's and cons, and is it worth the extra to get the Enhanced version.
Too bad MUT-II is a dealer only tool!

JT

pinoyesv6
08-15-2002, 10:35 AM
getting a scanner and all is good. but you need to ask yourself if you're really gonna use it enough time that it becomes worth it. why spend however so much money on a good scanner if its just gonna sit there and collect dust. and yea once you got it scanned, can u read the codes, can u diagnose many of the problems? i mean if you're just gonna scan the code and then take it to the mechanic so he can scan the code and fix it, then its almost pointless to get one.

if you do decide to get one. make sure that it is upgradable. i mean you can use it on your present cars and on future cars with ODBII. also to see if you can get something to help interpret the codes that u get. can't do nothing with a code if you don't know what it means.

cdaw2001ES
08-15-2002, 11:47 AM
The Autoap is a software package, so yes - it's upgreadable. I have the service manual, so yep - I know the codes.
Now anybody that has one, and uses it, please respond

00GTZ00
08-15-2002, 02:54 PM
Its a great program to use to read real time data of your car. I have used it about 2 times in the past year. the only reason why I would get this program for the galant is if I had a way to change/manipulate the A/F ratio of the car.