PDA

View Full Version : subs

spfdgalant
10-22-2007, 02:37 PM
maybe someone can help me out....right now im pushin a single voice coil 4 ohm memphis 15" with a memphis 2 channel amp, now im looking to switch subs and i want to get this setup from polk audio [It's 2 12's enclosed in a ported box] but it says it has 2 ohm impendance would i have to switch the way my amp is wired to run these or could i just plug the speaker wires in and let em play??

TITAN
10-26-2007, 05:13 PM
maybe someone can help me out....right now im pushin a single voice coil 4 ohm memphis 15" with a memphis 2 channel amp, now im looking to switch subs and i want to get this setup from polk audio [It's 2 12's enclosed in a ported box] but it says it has 2 ohm impendance would i have to switch the way my amp is wired to run these or could i just plug the speaker wires in and let em play??

plug them in and let them play. An ohm is the electrical resistance offered by a current-carrying element that produces a voltage drop of one volt when a current of one ampere is flowing through it.

So, if your cable can handle a 4 ohm resistance, it can surely handle a 2 ohm resistance.