PDA

View Full Version : Questions about my build?

716GalantES
10-22-2007, 07:16 PM
Hi my name is jake and i drive a 01 galant es. I've been reading the fourms quite often and found out thats its deff worth the money to invest in a 5 spd tranny which is awsome, my only problem is that im so new to the tuning world i have no idea were to begin. here is a breif list of what i would like to acoplish
1. 5 spd tranny swap
2. upgrade the intire suspesion from coilovers to sway bars
3.intake
4. exchaust
5. im thinking of doing a NOS build because its very rare to see and plus my funds are very limited I PAY FOR EVERYTHING!
There are a few things holding me back at this time 1 is my galant is the only car i own and its my daily driver, 2 i work for everything i own 3 i have no idea were to start shoping or going to get the work done. So i guess what im asking if anyone could guide me in the right direction were to buy parts and were to go in buffalo ny to get someone to work on a galnt. Anyways all hlp is welcome!

Distort
10-22-2007, 10:07 PM
Honestly, if you don't have a second car, I wouldn't do much more than I/H/E, Intake, Headers, and exhaust. I am in the same situation right now till I get my El Camino running again.

fatal1
10-22-2007, 10:08 PM
just look around the sight for places to get stuff and some ideas, 2nd what area are you in? that may be more helpfull as far as shops etc...set up a plan and tackle 1 area at a time basically and set funds aside for each mod you want to do,

716GalantES
10-23-2007, 05:37 PM
yea it kinda sucks that my galant has to be my dialy driver. But the way i look at things is if theres a will theres a way! and with that being said im not giving up hopes. Hopefully i can find some time and money to work things out. I really want to upgrade so bad!! i know im at least ganna do the I/H/E thats a givin but im not quite shere how to do a nice nos set-up. i wanna do one so bad because you never see to many of em espically a galant. I was think of doin a NX kit or ZEX the wet shot direct port 55-100hp adustable. But i was wondering what would help it run smoother without any worries, so if anyones got any suggestions that would be great! i live in buffalo ny and theres not that many tuneing shops around but im also willing to drive to get to a good 1. caz with nos u cant mess around, u need it to be tuned.

bennijamma
11-22-2007, 06:25 PM
Nos should be the least of your worries. Especially if your car is almost completely stock.

G-spot
11-22-2007, 07:01 PM
First, you need something to drive for work. if having your daily driver in a shop and bumming off rides is your thing then do it. simple priorities first, then plan the big ones later.