PDA

View Full Version : What do we want made!

seth98esT
12-20-2002, 09:45 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Norcal Performance)</div><div class='quotemain'>As long as there is the demand I can make almost anything you want for the 7G.</div>

you heard em. so what does the average 7g owner crave? new body kit? alluminum/cf dash? chrome/cf engine dress up kit? what else could we use? all input appreciated!

BEAST
12-20-2002, 09:57 AM
Well since I am broke right now I can't really offer any help from me exept ideas. A body kit would definatly be apriciated. What kind of work do they do?

seth98esT
12-20-2002, 10:03 AM
all kinds! They are an awesome company. go check out this ('http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6094') in the 8g custom forum. They can make almost anything

How bout some matching rear sway bar and front strut bar? its hard to get em nowadays isnt it? always on backorder? well i dont need one, just got one from an anonymous galant owner who totalled his nice g-ride https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

BEAST
12-20-2002, 10:43 AM
Well looking through the 8G post what I saw that I would like to get (even thought I can't really afford anything now) is definatly projector headlights with that angel eye. maybe even the chrome housing with the angel eye that would be phat. A evo style hood for us. and a 2 guage pillar. Oh yea definatly a lip kit for us cheap bastards who can't afford a kit. I like the stock back bumper anyway. Maybe a new fender. That would be tight too. That is all I would really want.

Jesse
12-20-2002, 11:18 AM
Ok , call me a civic lover, call me a ricer, call me a piece of shit, I don't care. I'm tired of OEM tail lights. If can have something actually made for our cars and not copied from another car, I'd like colored lense tail lights. Like blue and clear or something, I don't car if it's DOT approved or not.

If that's not possible, then I want all clear tail lights and I'll just put colored bulbs in it.

NO ALTEZZA'S. THIS IS FOR THE 94-96 TAIL LIGHTS

seth98esT
12-20-2002, 11:22 AM
i think some kinda of cf tails would look cool on the 94-96s

yeah a 2 pod gauge cluster is a must!

jluv97
12-20-2002, 11:27 AM
Carbon fiber Air box

pinoyesv6
12-20-2002, 11:48 AM
how bout a rear disc conversion package? i know u guys would love that

Mazarin
12-20-2002, 12:00 PM
How about a widebody kit? :orangeyes:

BEAST
12-20-2002, 12:13 PM
I agree with Jesse. Lets get some new taillights. I like the ones now but lets see if we can improve. A wide body kit would be good too, but a lip is a must. I think more people would be interested in getting that.

MidNightRacing
12-20-2002, 01:31 PM
I agree wit Mazarin. Wide body!!!!! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

ViciousLord
12-20-2002, 03:54 PM
im down for a lip kit all CF would be straight as hell,

if they can make a CF hood (any style i dont care) for less then 400 would be great, and ill be down for that by feb.

reac disc conversion kit (good one pinoy),

taillights would be fat but keep it all CF,

BIG BRAKE KIT (12 in.), and 10in in there back

Sway Bars all of them,

wide body should be done after we get a lip kit but its a good idea

2 pod and a full 3 pod A pillar

anything else?

o0 XeRO G 0o
12-20-2002, 09:19 PM
i'd definitely like to see a carbon fiber gauge bezel and trim kit for a 98... some new taillights for a 98... and the widebody kit would be great as well

BEAST
12-21-2002, 03:36 PM
i'd definitely like to see a carbon fiber gauge bezel and trim kit for a 98... some new taillights for a 98... and the widebody kit would be great as well
Aw yes a guage bezel good thinkin. Hell any kind of new guage bezel would be nice.

95vegasgalant
12-21-2002, 03:44 PM
:twisted: New body kit too expensive only some will buy

:twisted: Tail lights good idea about 300 bones like the jdm ones
:twisted: Headlights like jdm but one piece clear corner
:twisted: Aluminum gauge cluster about 200 nice idea
:twisted: Z-3 fenders old but still looks nice
:twisted: evo hood not C/F under 400 ill buy it right now with no bump
:twisted: and thats all i have to say about that :twisted:

seth98esT
12-21-2002, 04:40 PM
alright so we have gathered some ideas now we need to see what everyone wants made. heres a short list:

body kit (widebody or not?)
lip kit
2 & 3 gauge pod
cf/alluminum gauge bezel
cf/alluminum dash kit
cf/chrom engine dress up kit
z3 fenders
evo hood(w or w/o bump?)
cf hood(even though its already made)
new headlights(projectos maybe?)
new taillights(94-96 & 97/98?)
rear disc conversion kit
big brake kit(12" front, 10" back)
Carbon fiber Air box

anything else to add? what you guys need to do is to rank the top things you would buy if NorCal were to make em. 1 being your top choice. i believe they need at least 10 people/buyers per product to start production

1. cf/alluminum dash kit
2. rear disc conversion kit
3. 2 & 3 gauge pod
4. new taillights(97/98!)
5. big brake kit(12" front, 10" back)

ViciousLord
12-21-2002, 06:11 PM
1. CF hood OEM or EVO w/ bump (we need it for the head swaps) under $400 ill buy it right away for under $400

2. Rear Disc Conversion Kit

3. Big Brake Kit (12" front, 10" rear) and 4 piston calipers in the front and 2 piston calipers in the rear

4. Lip Kit !!! all 4 sides

5. CF Interior Trim Kit (dash kit)

Mazarin
12-21-2002, 06:24 PM
Yes. Lip kit good.

95vegasgalant
12-21-2002, 07:43 PM
:twisted: The C/F hood would be good for me Ill buy that right now if I have to sell my kidneys EVO style please no bump the bump would look funny and for the people that are saying I need the bump for future conversion only a couple have done it and the other ones are just dreams Its just better all slick with the evo scoop and who ever wanted the bump look what happened the the C/F hood with the bump So all slick EVO style baby under 450 shipped Im in give me a month notice so I can rob a bank :twisted:

ViciousLord
12-21-2002, 08:02 PM
under 400!!!!, forget 450

Mazarin
12-21-2002, 10:48 PM
I'd say don't sweat the CF OEM hood. It's out, if someone wants it, they'll get it. And even if you're doing the head swap, you can cut some of the supporting metal under the stock hood away, and you shouldn't notice.

People have been wanting the EVO style hood for a long time. I'm sure that'd sell as long as it's not a million dollars. But make sure that the EVO hood can clear the DOHC...

seth98esT
12-21-2002, 10:57 PM
yah i want an evo somewhere along the lines...as long as the hood has the bump incorporated into it. there doesnt hafta be a bump, just enough room for a DOHC head

ViciousLord
12-22-2002, 01:10 PM
bump or no bump has long i can fit the DOHC in there im happy, and mines not a dream, its in the works as we speak :firedevil:

Dark Anghell
12-22-2002, 07:13 PM
>>Instead of widebody do overfenders that work with stock bumpers and can be slightly modified to fit erebuni kit 9or the other way around).
>>Gauge cluster that replaces the plastic piece that goes around the gauges (right above the steering column)
>>Evo hood is a good idea
>>Or even the hood that looks like the one on DoLucks supra (http://do-luck-usa.com/products.html?auto=JZA80-2 it's on the black supra)
>>CF trunk lid
>> ummm that's all I can think of right now :roll:

ViciousLord
12-22-2002, 07:50 PM
oh thats right i forgot about the trunk lid,

YES a CF trunk lid

2True
12-23-2002, 07:32 AM
Alright let's keep this going! I hope Tim is still watching this topic....

I definatley want the CF Evo Hood. Definately

I would also like to see a full cat-back exhaust system made.

The kit ideas are great, widebody is an interesting one for sure. Even the smallest thing like a front lip spoiler would make a world of difference.

o0 XeRO G 0o
12-23-2002, 09:00 AM
how bout a direct fit CAI?

2True
12-23-2002, 09:05 AM
how bout a direct fit CAI?

Excellent idea.

I sent Tim a PM with some of the ideas you guys have thrown out... awaiting a response.

ViciousLord
12-23-2002, 02:04 PM
[b]<span style='color:red'>yes CAI!!! in </span>, but it better not cost as much as the injen, $300 and change, cause ill just tell u to screw yourself, no ofense but im not about to pay $300 for an CAI

seth98esT
12-23-2002, 04:09 PM
ya a direct bolt on CAI would be nice especially if it was CF or something. And we need some brackets! one to hold up the MAS and one to hold up the filter. id definitely buy one even though i already have one

paulbunyan
12-23-2002, 09:35 PM
How bout a bolt on turbocharger (no wire harness swap)

2True
12-23-2002, 09:45 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(paulbunyan)</div><div class='quotemain'>How bout a bolt on turbocharger (no wire harness swap)</div>

That of course would be amazing, but the PM I sent Tim was generally geared toward items that will run for $300 or less. I did this to make a GB for Norcal a bit more practical. Chances are better that we can get 10 people together for an item that is $200 rather than $3000.
If we can come together for a smaller item now, chances are better for a bigger item in the future.

seth98esT
12-24-2002, 01:50 AM
ya i agree, we should take small steps and maybe work our way up to bigger things as we show more support

MidNightRacing
12-24-2002, 12:18 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth)</div><div class='quotemain'>ya i agree, we should take small steps and maybe work our way up to bigger things as we show more support</div>
then we should star with dash n trim parts. But I was just thinking how bout some Z3 carbon fiber fenders. Another thing i was thinking of was taking out the spare tire cover and replacing it with a fiberglass panel but i cant seem to find a way to put hinges on it. so that would be another idea right there

2True
12-24-2002, 08:47 PM
OK guys, I need to know what we want made or I am just gonna pick one and see who's with me. Here the PM I sent Norcal:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Me)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hi Guys, Â*

We seem to have gotten the ball rolling on this thread here.. Click Here Â*

What I would like to discuss with you is finding out what is feasable for your company to produce for us 7g owners. You must understand that we do not have the numbers as the 8g'ers do; therefore a large group buy for something over $300 is not realistic in our case (except possibly a full kit). I was hoping we could put our heads together for something a bit more simplistic, some suggestions are: Â*

Front Lip Spoiler Â*
Low rear deck spoiler Â*
CF Gauge Bezel Â*
Cf/alluminum dash kit Â*
Rear disc conversion kit Â*
2 & 3 gauge pod Â*
New taillights Â*
Big brake kit(12" front, 10" back) Â*

These are all rather common items that other import car owners may take for granted. We have never had any of these items available to us. Â*
I am positive that I could pull ten people together for any of these items if that is the magic number. I would vary much like to hear your suggestion. Â*

Thanks again for the support you are showing Â*

Wes</div>

And here's his reply:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Norcal)</div><div class='quotemain'>We can pretty much get any of those items made we just need the demand to be there. That is the only thing. My manufacturer wont make anything unless I can atleast order 10 for the first round. Â*

Cliff

</div>

Add the CAI to the list. I think I should start a poll...

Mazarin
12-24-2002, 11:59 PM
And the lip kit. YES. The lip kit. Add the lip kit to the poll.

2True
12-27-2002, 09:43 PM
We've got the poll going so I'm un-*sticky*-ing. :arrow:

TurboGalant
12-30-2002, 10:59 AM
I have counted 5 people expressing interest in an EVO style CF hood. I will make 6. It would have to have the clearance for the DOHC, cuz my dream is sitting in my bedroom, waiting on a hood and a few other parts.

I would like to see (and would buy):
3 gauge pillar
Rear disk brake conversion
Big brake kit
Different taillights

I have seen dash kits for sale already. CF too.

BuZZeDCooKieS
01-04-2003, 11:00 PM
i def wanna see a brushed aluminum dash kit for a 97 LS how much would that run?

seth98esT
01-04-2003, 11:22 PM
They alreayd make em!

ClickHere ('http://www.autodash.com/details.lasso?sn=6057&pn=7912')

BuZZeDCooKieS
01-05-2003, 10:04 AM
i have a digital temperature control system....where can i get a brushed alum. kit that has a hole for that

2True
01-05-2003, 03:15 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BuZZeDCooKieS)</div><div class='quotemain'>i have a digital temperature control system....where can i get a brushed alum. kit that has a hole for that</div>

Hmmm.. yikes, I don't know bro. The LS may be impossible to find. uhm, try Here ('http://www.exoticwooddash.com/mitsubishi.htm')

BlackBeauty
01-08-2003, 10:36 PM
a shift stick for an auto 94 HJ (JDM) galant *with* the OD button...

redlobster
01-09-2003, 12:03 AM
I would love to see some different tail lights also, i love the stock ones but theres only so much credability in stock tails no matter what your set up, at least in my opinion, no offense ment to anybody

sean

evil-G-nius
01-09-2003, 02:41 AM
count me in for the evo hood, tail lights, and the 3 gauge pillar pod. Not all at the same time cuz like everyone else I am broke. But I definately want!!!

seth98esT
01-09-2003, 02:47 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlackBeauty)</div><div class='quotemain'>a shift stick for an auto 94 HJ (JDM) galant *with* the OD button...</div>

you mean like these?
http://www.optauto.com/store/images/LV-453E.GIF
http://www.optauto.com/store/images/LV-452E.GIF
http://www.optauto.com/store/images/LV-454E.GIF
ClickHere ('http://www.optauto.com/webstore/product_list.asp?dept=888&pagenumber=2&last=888')(the ones that fit our cars are for Nissan and Toyota i belive)

BlackBeauty
01-09-2003, 05:04 PM
they look awesome!! Thanks seth....any ideas of an Australian stockist for these?

seth98esT
01-09-2003, 05:05 PM
have no clue...just search around for Levoc shift knobs

2True
01-09-2003, 05:08 PM
Is that like what you have Seth?
Where can I find one in CF yellow? It doesn't have to have O/D, I can rig that myself.

BlackBeauty
01-09-2003, 05:27 PM
One obvious problem I originally overlooked about those shift knobs - they WON'T fit on my car...they're for a LHD car....the O/D button is on the wrong side! :cry:

I'll have to look around for the Jap version, already seen it on someone else's car:

http://homepages.tig.com.au/~larz/themax.htm ('http://homepages.tig.com.au/~larz/themax.htm')

seth98esT
01-09-2003, 05:39 PM
i have that except w/o the od button which i wired up myself. im not for sure if theymake the yellow cf...i still want to see pics of ur dash 2true :biggin:

2True
01-09-2003, 05:49 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth)</div><div class='quotemain'>i have that except w/o the od button which i wired up myself. Â*im not for sure if theymake the yellow cf...i still want to see pics of ur dash 2true :biggin:</div>

Muahahaha, not until summer bro. I want to show everything off as a package deal, that way it will appear that I have done a lot of stuff but realistically it's just been 2 years of doing what I can. It adds up though for sheezee.