PDA

View Full Version : Loose strut

ESdriver00
08-15-2002, 08:21 AM
Yesterday I go to adjust my struts kyb agx, and before I put my seat back in I took it for a spin to make sure that it wasn't too stiff, so as I'm driving I noticed that one of my strut was moving upwards over the bumps and it made a funny squeaking noise. I've heard that squeaking for a while now but I didn't know where it was coming from, also it leaks a little oil from the top not much but noticeable. Where the hell is Chris, now I have two problems: indiglos and strut.

pinoyesv6
08-15-2002, 11:05 AM
leaky strut not good. uhm you might wanna contact the manufacturer pertaining to warranty or maybe the installer cuz maybe he just put it inwrong and fucked it all up

BlueESV6
08-15-2002, 12:56 PM
Yea if it's leaking it's just a matter of time before it's no longer working!!! :shock:

I'd go to the place that installed them and complain. Hopefully they have some sort of warranty!

Good Luck with it! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

As far as Chris and GDI, others have said they are gone!! I just moved and threw away my box for the GDI gauges. Anyone have the manufacturer name or address?

Fishboy55
08-15-2002, 01:31 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>As far as Chris and GDI, others have said they are gone!! I just moved and threw away my box for the GDI gauges. Anyone have the manufacturer name or address?</div>

I can do you one better. the website is HERE ('http://www.acautotechnic.com/index2.php3'). Keep in mind that GDI had the gauges expressly made for us, so AC Autotechnic may not be able to help you.

Chip

ESdriver00
08-16-2002, 11:28 AM
SHIT, well you might wanna know that I was the installer. I hope its still under warranty. I can't think of any wrong way to install a strut.

TJC
09-10-2002, 07:12 PM
Sometimes certain length shocks/struts are not matched correctly with the springs/coilovers. If it's not a good match (incompatible length or weight rating), you can put damaging stress on the shocks/struts that they were not meant to take.