PDA

View Full Version : Lowering questions for the new kid....

n3wMaxw3LL
12-20-2002, 02:08 PM
i'm pretty new at all this and I have a few questions...I want to lower my car 1-2" front .5 lower than back..what all do I need to do this and maintain quality performance? Coilovers? Struts? I live in MN so will I have to raise up my car every winter? Give me some info. I'm new at this and don't know much about lowering or anything. Thanks

M

Xavier22
12-20-2002, 02:25 PM
liike we tell every newbie and it's not just you - just go to the search button!!! you're guaranteed to find at least ten topics on lowering you r car and coilovers and springs and shocks and struts..............if you dont find anything, i'll give you 1k dollars, but no worries for me, cuz you're sure to find something on this forum!!

welcome, homie - all the answers you'll ever need for your g-ride can be answered here - nuff said -

ray-ray

Jesse
12-20-2002, 03:48 PM
Um, if u want to raise it up every winter, then you have to go with coilovers. If you go with springs, then you'll have to swap your old springs back in.

First off, don't even think about lowering your car unless you have enough money for adjustable gas struts because after a few months, your's will go bad and you'll have to get them eventually and that equates to more labor.

I have adjustable gas struts made by Kyb, the model is KYB AGX.

I have adjustable coilovers made by HP racing I believe.

If you want good quality coilovers then go with Ground Control. They use an Eibach spring on their perches and Eibach makes the best springs for the Galant.

Good luck

Dark Anghell
12-21-2002, 10:19 PM
If you want good quality coilovers then go with Ground Control. They use an Eibach spring on their perches and Eibach makes the best springs for the Galant.

Good luck

Yep...I got setup very similar to Jesse's accept with Ground Control. I think that you won't have to raise/lower the car every winter...I just went to the pass a few days ago, and there were a lot of lowered cars there.

But it's up to you...

As far as the struts go, you will be better off by getting coilovers and struts at the same time. Also GC (Ground Control) coilovers are made specifically for sertain strut brands. So it's better to get everything at once.

IllestGalant
12-21-2002, 10:31 PM
I can't wait till i hit lotto, Them i'm puttin bags on it. Yeahhhhhh