PDA

View Full Version : Single din navigation

jhendra83
10-29-2007, 06:21 PM
IS this worth it to buy? I was thinking going double din but found this on ebay...price isn't very friendly though...

http://cgi.ebay.com/JVC-KD-NX5000-Car-3-5-LCD-w-DVD-CD-MP3-GPS-NAVIGATION_W0QQitemZ300163908839QQihZ020QQcategory Z79834QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

CHICAGO_ONE
10-30-2007, 01:35 PM
Doesnt seem worh it to me. Its really not that good of a GPS system IMO, and with a screen that small it's not too helpful.
Plus, its either gonna play just music, or just give directions. With an external GPS u can still have ur music on, and hear ur directions seperately. (Helps on a long road trip)

You should get something touch screen, announces the street names, rather than just "right or left", and a bigger screen. Even a 4". Depends what u want more though. a tight GPS, or a fancy radio.

Check out the Garmin 350 i enjoy it a lot. then u can still get a nice radio for $150. You end up spending about the same as that JVC, but you'd get more for your money IMO

fatal1
10-30-2007, 05:16 PM
i used to have that without the gps it was a good radio and most of the navi when i use it i do it by ear anyway but i would personally go with a flipout or something i know pvu is selling his avic 2 for a great price and it is one of the top of the line navi i have it and like it a lot

VegasMatt
10-30-2007, 06:11 PM
I have this unit, its greeeaaat.

jhendra83
11-01-2007, 01:34 PM
I have this unit, its greeeaaat.

Do you have pics for it?? I want to see it...thx!

ruben71
11-01-2007, 03:13 PM
I have the iway 500c by Lowrance its great,it as a mp3 player built in it and has a I think a 5'' screen. It won best Navi in 2005 at SEMA for electronics.Awarded! Now they have the Iway600c which I think is cool. Better. :lol: :D

fatal1
11-01-2007, 04:27 PM
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k199/rattle12764aie/Multimed3-1.jpg

here bro this is the only pic i could find of my old galant with this head unit...this is the one without navi but it is the same thing as far as looks etc....

this is a really old pic of the g before i completely redid teh interior went 5 spd etc in this one and someone was obviously a little messy with thier donut

hope this is what you wanted and helps....i would still go with the avic pvu is selling or even off ebay, they are around that price and it is probroblly a better nav system plus the screen is bigger, up to you though....although this was a pretty nice radio when i had it and i did like it

fatal1
11-01-2007, 04:30 PM
oh and sorry i dont have any other pics when i traded this galant i wound up selling all the audio stuff out of it as well so i dont have this headunit anymore

jhendra83
11-01-2007, 06:48 PM
Thanks Fatal1 for inputs. The one that pvu is selling is also very tempting...it just that I don't like the way it's blocking the AC when the screen pops out (I know I could just reposition it to where the AC control is :D...).

Anyway...when you had this unit, did you ever have problems with the quality? recall problem maybe, lockups, malfunction, etc?

fatal1
11-01-2007, 11:24 PM
nope no problems with mine not sure of the other one im sure it has some newer technology...as fas as the flipout, mount it on the bottom din slot of the radio bezel, relocate the cubby to the top hole just seal it on with some silicone or epoxy or something silicone worked fine for me, and if your afraid it will then block the hvac controlls there is an option to just flip down the monitor when you want to adjust it so that it doesnt go all the way in it works great, i can attest for teh quality of the avics navi it is very good

tom04841
12-22-2007, 06:28 PM
my buddy has it in his sonoma....works flawless and is actually not as hard to see as you would think.