PDA

View Full Version : noobee trans question

J8g
10-29-2007, 11:44 PM
ok im new to tgc but ive done some research im very interested in swapping trans' i need a ruff estimate and if possible few places to get everything... ok i know ebay, but wut about the stuff i cant get off ebay....

komodo
10-29-2007, 11:51 PM
ok im new to tgc but ive done some research im very interested in swapping trans' i need a ruff estimate and if possible few places to get everything... ok i know ebay, but wut about the stuff i cant get off ebay....

If you "did your research" you should know that there is a sticky in the 8g section of the forums that shows how to do it as well as where to get the parts with the aproximate price.
Please try searching better next time.

edit:Also welcome to the forums... Enjoy your stay. Why not introduce yourself in the New Member sections
edit2:Since I decided to be nice and help more in a direct way https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewtopic.php?t=42078. Others around here would tell you to use the SEARCH button before anything, though.

duh2150
10-30-2007, 11:52 PM
naw dude hes acting where to get the stuff and estamates, the sticky doesnt tell that, i dont think,,.. well dude to help you out, car-parts.com i got mine i got all my stuff cheap for like 1000, but itll probably run you from like 1000-2000 if you go cheapo like me :)

komodo
10-31-2007, 12:02 AM
naw dude hes acting where to get the stuff and estamates, the sticky doesnt tell that, i dont think,,.. well dude to help you out, car-parts.com i got mine i got all my stuff cheap for like 1000, but itll probably run you from like 1000-2000 if you go cheapo like me :)

lol. The sticky does tell you an estimate on each part and a general idea of where to get the parts..

fatal1
10-31-2007, 12:43 AM
generally for a basic wap withno upgrades really will cost you about 1k average if you install it yourself...with all the bells nd whistles will cost you upwards of 2k depending on where you get the stuff and how muh the actual tranny will cost you...read gooseys tutorial its pretty simplified and hs average costs for some of the stuff, there are also lists here on the parts you will need

duh2150
10-31-2007, 12:58 AM
yup i did mine for 1k and i got a 200 dollor fidanzia out of it 8lb's w00t!