PDA

View Full Version : catback

galantgtz36
10-30-2007, 01:35 PM
Megan racing sells a catback driftspec for the 8G galant but it says only for the 2.4L model.... will that catback fit my 2002 galant V6?

also anyone can help me find a HID kit for the galant 2002. i want blue hids, like really blue and bright. thanks

laxinwarrior
10-30-2007, 02:42 PM
The catback should fit your gtz fine, although i'm not 100% on that ... someone with an 8g correct me if i'm wrong.

duh2150
10-30-2007, 11:49 PM
yeah i heard it worked, but i dont got a megan or a v6 just what i heard (still need corrected)

fatal1
10-31-2007, 12:08 AM
the catback will bolt up fine but will be pretty much useless performancewise....i suspect that your probroblly looking at the megan exhaust which basically has the same diameter piping as stock so it will pretty much be like bolting on a muffler, your best bet is to get a catback from a 3g eclipse years 00-05 such as the greddy (your choice between sp2 evo 2, or the titanium) or the invidia...it will be a little short but you will just need to have about 10-12 inches welded on and you will be fine and have the extra performance factor...i have the evo 2 and if you ask anyone thats seen my car, especially here in ny and they will attest to the sound quality

as far as hids you would be looking for an 8k- 10k range for the blue color however keep in mind the higher you go up in range the lesser the visibility, 4300k uses the whole spectrum so the best visibility is there....it is basically a bright white like hid comes on most stock cars...6k is a little up but still good visibility and has a whitish blueish look...8k is pretty blue but quality of output isnt that great and 10k is really blue but even worse

the lower you go don the line, 3000k is yellow and has a good output (usually seen in fogs) but is supposed to be teh best during raint weather, so theoretically your best setup for visibility would be 4300k heads and 3k fogs.....i would reccomend for looks and visibility to go in the heads 6k which looks nice and give a good vision

probroblly your cheapest bet is to go on ebay to get hids there are plenty of brands and an array of bulb sizes...also the stock heads bulb is h4 an the fogs are 893
this is your noob post lol search around teh site and look around there is plenty of info including this stuff i mentioned...enjoy the site and in the future search for your answer which is probroblly here and if you have something more specific or if you cant find it for some reason feel free to make a new thread......welcome to the site and enjoy :wink:

galantgtz36
10-31-2007, 03:10 PM
iight cool, thanks alot