PDA

View Full Version : Erebuni kit install... back bumper and skirts

brandon
08-15-2002, 10:39 AM
Hey guys,

I know Dean made a ghetto tutorial to install the sideskirts but I'm not finding it anywhere... was it just on the old board?

Did any of you guys drill holes anywhere to keep the sides on or just the glue? I was gonna try the 3M industrial tape stuff but I wasn't trusting it...

Also, for the back bumper, did you only drill and use two bolts (the ones near the fenders?) or is there somewhere else you drilled?

It seems like the back bumper will sit alright with just the two bolts, but I noticed it's rubbing on my muffler tips... will it burn the fiberglass?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

-B

MitsuMan
08-15-2002, 11:19 AM
What up B,

Go to the Main Page and look under the tutorials section

U can use 3M tape, but u also need to drill those little tabs into the car, they help keep the skirts from flapppin in the brezze

ah fuck it here is the link <span style='font-size:30pt;line-height:100%'>CLICK HERE ('http://www.angelfire.com/ct3/tangorecordsinc/7gGalantSideskirtInstall.html')</span>[/url]

Jesse
08-15-2002, 11:55 AM
hey bro, where's my props on that tutorial?

Jesse
08-15-2002, 11:56 AM
hey bro, where's my props on that tutorial?

MitsuMan
08-15-2002, 12:27 PM
MUCH LOVE TO JESSE, he hooked me up with the additional info and did alot of the leg work......MAAAAAAD PROPZ

brandon
08-15-2002, 03:29 PM
Hey Jesse,

Can you confirm that there are only those two bolts required to keep that back bumper on?

Word.

MitsuMan
08-15-2002, 03:33 PM
i have never take the back bumper off, but i am thinking there are maybe mor then that, sides then maybe under the car like the front bumper had

brandon
08-15-2002, 03:44 PM
Hey Dean,

Yeah the back bumper was a bitch to get off, there's like 928374983 bolts holding that sucker on but they're mostly attached to the reinforcements and such. There's no real place on the Erebuni bumper to drill where the trunk is, so that's why I was wondering.

The bumper kind of slides into these metal/plastic brackets and sits just fine (I have it resting on there now with no bolts in), I guess I'm just wondering if everyone elses is like that too.

MitsuMan
08-15-2002, 04:27 PM
better bolt that sucker on or else i will be following you to pick it up after it falls off....lolo

Dark Anghell
08-15-2002, 09:17 PM
Hey I can help you in this area https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif . The rear bumper is super easy to attach.
Step one: Take the metal mounting bracket off the old bumper.
Step two: Take the middle piece of that mounting bracket and cut about 3-4" from both sides, so that the bracket ends at the same spot where the taillignt starts.
Step three: Attach the shortened bracket to the car with the flat side facing up.
Step four: On the erebuni bumper mark the two holes on both sides of the bumper (they are on the ends). After the holes have been drilled, slide the bumper onto the car. I would suggest using tape along the bottom edge to protect the paint. Use the stock screws and attach the bumper in those two places.
Step five: By now your bumper should be holding on by two screws on either side of the car. At this point you should start the car and see if the exaust clears the new bumper (mine didn't). If it's fine, then turn the engine off and get a drill, and five screws.

As you remeber you have the bracket underneath the bumper, drill the holes through the bumper right where the bracket is located. Use the screws to secure it in place. Black screws work better because you can't see them.
Step six: If you haven't done this yet...get the thing painted.

Have fun doing this project. Hopefully my tutorial makes more sense to you than it does to me https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

brandon
08-16-2002, 11:44 AM
Hey Pavel,

Thanks a ton for the info, right now the bumper is sitting on there fine without the bolts near the trunk, but I think it must be because it's resting on the muffler tips a bit. I took it out for a test drive to see if it would hold up and everything's fine, but I just don't trust it...

I'm gonna go ahead and try exactly what you mentioned. Thanks again!

-B

Dark Anghell
08-16-2002, 11:10 PM
I just picked up my sideskirts and the back from the paint shop today (friday the 16th) https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif . Will post some pics from the upcoming carshow on the 24th. I gotta compete against my friends mirage with a turbo, and a full EVO comversion (Makinen Edidtion or something like that). :cry: ...Sooo I'm hoping for a third or maybe a second place. There will be a couple of other 300-GT's there. So wish me luck https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

brandon
08-19-2002, 12:27 PM
Best of luck for sure...

Your car looks H-O-T. All the new pictures make me wish I had kept my old maroon G over the black one...

I REALLY need to get some pics up... :oops:

es.dot
08-24-2002, 04:09 PM
ayo all i did was apoxy the skirts on
and basically you got to take off the supports on the front and back bumpers, so if you get into an accident your basically crushed :shock: anyway you bult on the front and back