PDA

View Full Version : exhaust system for dummies!!!!!!

packer13
12-21-2002, 06:11 AM
yes, just for me. :dumbass:
i'm looking for a exhaust system, not just the muffler. i've looked in ebay, but i don't know what type of exhuast will fit my 7g, or if it matters. all they have are civics :BGR: all over the internet, there are differnt exhaust, but i can't tell the difference from the not so good to the top off the line. i mean, i want to do this one time, the right way. i'm willing to spend the money on good parts, but please keep in mind that i drive this car every day!!! its my baby. :twisted:

Dark Anghell
12-21-2002, 10:08 PM
I would go with either one of these companies: Apexi, HKS, Blitz, Greddy, 5-Zigen, Remus. I have heard a lot of good things about all of these companies.
Personally I have Apexi right now, and will be swithching to Blitz pretty soon.

If you are looking for a full cat-back...there's none that I know of. Supposively cat-backs from eclipse turbo fit our cars with minor mods (extending some pipes). Otherwise you're gonna have to get a custom cat-back made for the car...I believ most of the members at TGC did that.

packer13
12-22-2002, 03:19 AM

why are you going to change you exhaust :?: o.k. i find the exhaust i want, the best thing to do is put it on or should i wait untill i can get a cat-back made for my car?

Prophet
12-23-2002, 02:58 AM
It's up to you. I am really not sure what all you can do with a 7G exhaust but I know if you have future plans for NOS or any forced induction you might take this opportunity to go ahead and get a cat back custom fitted to your car with 2.5 piping or if you plan on only doing bolt ons and not really mod that car stick with the stock piping and just get the muffler welded on. One other suggestion that I might have is that if you do chose to go with a custom cat back try to get Manderal Bent piping not pressed bent. Another thing is that if you do decide to get the 2.5 be prepared to lose some low end power until you get the Forced Induction.

Jason

Dark Anghell
12-23-2002, 12:32 PM

why are you going to change you exhaust :?: o.k. i find the exhaust i want, the best thing to do is put it on or should i wait untill i can get a cat-back made for my car?

My piping is all messed up...it changes from 2.25 to 1.5 to 2.25 to 2.5 (the previous owner did that). As for the muffler, mine is dented on the bottom a little bit, plus its almost 3 years old...and the blitz is sooo shiny https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif