PDA

View Full Version : Why Doesn't Mitsubishi Offer These Features?

GalantT3
08-15-2002, 10:41 AM
I love Mitsubishi, but they are cheap when it comes to interior materials and features. I know these things dont matter, and they are not all that important, but why dont they at least offer it on the top of the line models Im just curious? I know they cant put in on every car but they can at least put in the top of line models. Think about it if you are paying almost 30k or 30k+ depending on your Mitsubishi dealer for a 2003 Eclipse Spyder GT or 25k for a Galant GTZ I want to see where my money has gone too! Call me spoiled but thats just me. Im paying 30k and 25K for what show me why I paid 30K?

Mitsubishi should at least offer:

Gas Mileage Meter- Its nice to know how many miles you have left before your car runs out of gas completely. There have been many times when I let the cars gas needle get to E and wonder how much farther could I go or should I get gas right away. (Come on I cant be the only one who has one this)

HID- If I have the top of the line model I want HID on it, and for something close to 30K it should come with HID.

Navigation System- Map Quest Directions are useless! And sometimes you go on trips right, its so much easier to glance at your screen instead of holding papers in your hand and trying to steer the car at the same time. And It would be nice to have if you have the top of line model

Heated Seats: Call me a bitch but leather is cold as hell in the winter if you live in New England states. I know people from Florida, Texas, Arizona and California dont see a use in heated seats, but people from Maine, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts you know what Im taking about right?

Outside Temperature Display- Top the line GTZ why the hell not? The Eclipse has it you would think they would put it in the Galant.

Fold away mirrors- You park on a busy street you have to walk back to your car praying your mirror isnt hanging on by some wires. Hey the Lancers OZ mirrors fold away and the Galant is a much better car are mirrors should fold away too.

All criticism aside even without these features I would still buy a Mitsubishi Galant GTZ why? Cuz they look so damn good!

Tiller
08-15-2002, 11:09 AM
i agree on most points... except the navigation display... you ain't gonna touch that in a car under $30G...

HID's are coming around... the new Maxima comes with HID standard... a few more years, and most imports will have them...

pinoyesv6
08-15-2002, 11:26 AM
on a more positive note, mitsubishi will be selling aftermarket parts soon for their lineup, should be acoompanying the new evo...

GalantT3
08-15-2002, 12:20 PM
I thought the Altima offered Navagation System????

djScript
08-15-2002, 12:31 PM
i believe auto climate control is standard in world market galants. why does us galants have cheap knobs?

Tiller
08-15-2002, 01:05 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GalantT3)</div><div class='quotemain'>I thought the Altima offered Navagation System????</div>

maybe on the 30K dollar one...

GalantT3
08-15-2002, 01:06 PM
But thats my point an Eclipse Spyder GT costs 30k+ and a Navigation system is not even an option. Why not??

I know why its like that its cuz Mitsubishi Motors of America is the cheapest of all the Mitsubishi Divisions. Take a look at the cars from Mitsubishi Motors of Australia or the cars in Taiwan, why does America get the bottom of the line when it comes to imports in general? Toyota, Nissan, Mitsubishi, Honda, and Mazda. Take a look at the interior and the features offered on the cars there. Here in America we pay more for them and they dont come with half the features that they are offered with in other countries. Go figure!

All I want to know why is it like that! How come we always get cheated out of the good stuff?
:cry:

Censee
08-15-2002, 02:22 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GalantT3)</div><div class='quotemain'> Hey the Lancers EVOs mirrors fold away and the Galant is a much better car are mirrors should fold away too.

</div>

i dunno but id rather have an AWD lancer EVO instead of a galant.

Auto-9
08-15-2002, 02:48 PM
Just choose Nav as your one and only option and it'll be under 30k...

bstnsportsfan
08-15-2002, 02:57 PM
I believe the Toyota Camry and the new Toyota Matrix come with an optional Navigation system in it. The matrix offers it for $1750 and the car is offered far below 30k! Maybe around 25 fully loaded. And the camry offers it as a package with the XLE V6 includes: Driver and passenger power seat & leather pkg, EMV navigation system, JBL 3 in 1 Audio w/6 speaker, Sunroof, Aluminum Wheels w/P215/60R16 Tires. And is offered at $3940. Just bumping the car over the 30k marker.

I think mitsu should offer it in the GTZ model.

mochanges
08-15-2002, 02:57 PM
The Matrix has navi.
That's way under 30K.

-Mohammad

GalantT3
08-15-2002, 03:07 PM
My God https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif I meant the Lancer OZ rally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My fault I should never get those two confused!!. I meant the Lancer OZ Rallys mirrors! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

RedGalant2k1
08-15-2002, 08:18 PM
Overseas Galants have:

Navigation
Heated Seats
Folding Mirrors (Which fit US 8Gs)
HID (VR4 Only)

Not sure about the temp gauge and mileage meter but i'm sure they have it.

Kingman
08-15-2002, 08:37 PM
My mom has that digital temp control crap in her diamante, it sucks bad. I would rather have the knobs anyday over that junk.

Anyhow, for 22k that I picked up my loaded GTZ for I thought it was the best deal going on midsized sedans.

I compared them all.

Supernova
08-15-2002, 09:45 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GalantT3)</div><div class='quotemain'>But thats my point an Eclipse Spyder GT costs 30k+ and a Navigation system is not even an option. Why not??</div>

You pay that money for the power... Not for more gizmos. Though they would be nice.

GalantT3
08-16-2002, 12:07 AM
Features Aside Galants and Eclipses are still hot cars! :wink:

RedGalant2k1
08-16-2002, 07:35 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GalantT3)</div><div class='quotemain'>Features Aside Galants and Eclipses are still hot cars! Â*:wink:</div>

Looks aside they still have as much stuff as most accords and altimas. and look better!!!

Aztec
08-17-2002, 12:05 AM
GalantT3 has a good point but i personally wouldn't want a stock Nav system, Most car companies get the cheapest systems around. Heated seats are okay but i'm in cali, doesn't do me much good here. Nice add ons but nothing i would want to pay extra for. Just my 5¢

Auto-9
08-17-2002, 12:16 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RedGalant2k1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Looks aside they still have as much stuff as most accords and altimas. Â*and look better!!!</div>

But you just said looks aside!! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

J. T. Z.
08-17-2002, 09:55 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Supernova)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GalantT3)</div><div class='quotemain'>But thats my point an Eclipse Spyder GT costs 30k+ and a Navigation system is not even an option. Why not??</div>

You pay that money for the power... Not for more gizmos. Though they would be nice.</div>
Where's the power? For that money I could get a WRX and it would eat an Eclipse alive! Or for half that I could get a 1995 stock RX7. Let's face facts. When it comes to cars here in the US we will always get the short end of the stick. It is something that I have come to live with (although I'm not too happy about it).

Auto-9
08-17-2002, 10:28 AM
It's probably a conspiracy against imports...only way you can have great cars is to pay some sort of awesomeness tax to prevent them from competing too successfully against domestics...

RMG612
08-17-2002, 11:27 AM
World market galants also get an option of triptronic gearbox.

chibisak
08-17-2002, 11:53 PM
yeah momo steering and RECARO seat, just u are in US u need to suck with that

GalantT3
08-18-2002, 09:48 AM
J.T.Z. wrote:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Where's the power? For that money I could get a WRX and it would eat an Eclipse alive! Or for half that I could get a 1995 stock RX7. Let's face facts. When it comes to cars here in the US we will always get the short end of the stick. It is something that I have come to live with (although I'm not too happy about it).</div>

Exactly what Im saying J.T.Z if Im paying 30k what am I getting??? 210hp isnt cutting in todays market, not with all the shit car companies are offering plus more hp. Dont take this wrong way everyone Im not bashing Mitsubishi, I just find it weird they dont offer any of those features not even on the Diamante the luxury car in the line.