PDA

View Full Version : 4g63t with accessories value ??? (done , stuff received )

Qs
11-07-2007, 05:02 PM
i need some opinions from u guys

3400 $ for

evo 8 engine
intake manfiold
stock turbo manifold
ecu
reistor box
injectors
all 4 brembo calipers
4 stock evo rotors

is it too expensive,

i think il try and get the engine mounts in there , also since the 3 g eclipse tranny bolts on to this blocl , will the 3g starter fit also, alternator , should i take the intercooler and piping ? radiator?

i think the evo rad is better than our G ( must be :lol: )

anyway , what do u guys think? , is it a good deal? , im having it shipped in a pallet so if i can add things that dont weight too much , i can probably deal em in for the same price...

VegasMatt
11-07-2007, 05:53 PM
I think the price is good. I was quoted 4 grand for pretty much what you were offered.

Serstylz2
11-07-2007, 05:54 PM
4000 grand....

so that would be $40,000,000

:lol:

Divinity
11-07-2007, 06:16 PM
That sounds like a pretty good price. Doesn't evo motors run about $3000 anyway?

Qs
11-07-2007, 08:12 PM
well the offer has changed

its 3600 $ for complete engine, ecu , turbo setup, intercooler, harness, injectors, resistor pack, alternator, starter, brembo calipers ....etc.. basically all the engine

EXCEPT

-tranny
-transfer case
-driveshaft
-axles

since my car will be staying FWD , i wont need the driveshaft , nor the axles right?
my Galant ones will fit, i hope

what about the transfer case?

is it needed to do the engine swap ?

BGR
11-07-2007, 08:50 PM
Quite honestly, the Brembo brakes (calipers, rotors, etc), will run you close to $3000 (depending on where you go... ok, over $2,000) all by themselves.
I think that is a hell of a deal. You're getting:

1) An engine
2) Turbo
3) brakes

For $3600? And you're asking if that's a good deal? :smt017
(I'm contemplating whether or not I should shell out $2500 for a 1.6L Turbo kit for my Sentra. That doesn't include installation, just a turbo, intercooler and some tubes and whatnot. For $1100 more, you're getting an engine that was made for turbo+the turbo itself and "Brembo" brake calipers and rotors. Hell of a deal).

I thought you were parting your car out due to a wreck?

Qs
11-07-2007, 09:11 PM
i am parting out my 02, but i got an 03 after the accident, so i figuered id boost it up with the money the insurance is gonna give me

i waiting for 8 k , gonna dump 5 in the new g , and 3 on the loan

anyway sweet,

so i dont need the driveshaft , axles and transfer case

as i understand it

the driveshaft is for AWD only so i wont need it, the galant axles fits in the eclipse tranny so there shouldnt be any problems with the evo engine/galantaxles/eclipse tranny

and the transfer case which is between the tranny en engine ... do i need it and simply just dont attach the driveshaft to it?

JDM4G64T
11-07-2007, 09:18 PM
Brembo brake calipers with rotors from the dealership run you around 3200.00-3600.00. Evo engine runs you around 3500.00-4000.00. I say you got one hell of a good deal. See if you can have the motor mounts included you're gonna need it. As for the alternator you're gonna need an evo one. Good luck with the swap.....

BGR
11-07-2007, 10:35 PM
After all this swapping, will your Galant be street legal? I'm quite sure it wouldn't be in California where I'm from.

Qs
11-08-2007, 12:02 AM
After all this swapping, will your Galant be street legal? I'm quite sure it wouldn't be in California where I'm from.

im from quebec so the inspection is gonna be hard to pass but as long as they dont find out i switched engine

xxarmandxx
11-08-2007, 02:51 PM
yeaa i think thats one hell of deal!

djflex167
11-08-2007, 09:26 PM
what r u waiting for man? to be honest, you are getting a good as deal here!! don't sleep on it!!

seth98esT
11-08-2007, 09:28 PM

im from quebec so the inspection is gonna be hard to pass but as long as they dont find out i switched engine
Put the Kia valve cover on and tell them you did a Kia motorswap to get better gas mileage/emissions :)

Qs
11-09-2007, 06:13 PM
Put the Kia valve cover on and tell them you did a Kia motorswap to get better gas mileage/emissions

:lol: :lol: :lol:

theres no way any mechanic would buy that

:shock: :lol:

anyway i wasnt able to scrounge enough money that fast , the deal was ending today and my insurance check still isnt here yet!!!!!!!!!!!!

komodo
11-09-2007, 06:52 PM
Put the Kia valve cover on and tell them you did a Kia motorswap to get better gas mileage/emissions

:lol: :lol: :lol:

theres no way any mechanic would buy that

:shock: :lol:

anyway i wasnt able to scrounge enough money that fast , the deal was ending today and my insurance check still isnt here yet!!!!!!!!!!!!

How often do you/quebecois have to go through inspection?

Qs
11-09-2007, 08:37 PM
How often do you/quebecois have to go through inspection?

:lol: thats a good one

in quebec theres no yearly inspection

if u buy a car totaled or out of the country you have to get it inspected in order to drive it.

if a car has more than 15 years , cops and highway patrol can tow ur ass to inspection if they deem ur car too dangerous and neglected

they also can put ur car in inspection if the modifications on it really dont seem stock

so the evo engine in the galant is kinda legal because the EVo isnt allowed in canada because its body designed ( front bumper) doesnt respect the safety requierements, but otherwise its all good

also

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=003&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=130170364603&rd=1

this is the engine im gonna get

i just gave as 1000 deposit and am gonna give the 3000 ( 3600 + shipping ) remaining this week )

3600 kit includes

evo 8 engine
intake manny
turbo manny
stock turbo
turbo piping
intercooler
ecu
all accessories ( fuel pump, alternator , resisor box, injectors ect..)
brembo calipers and evo rotors
engine mounts

pretty much everything except the tranny, and tranny accessories