PDA

View Full Version : Angel Eye Tutorial, Check it out

Jesse
12-21-2002, 09:55 AM
HEY GUYS, what a coincidence.

I'm at my friends apartment right now, they showed me how to make angel eyes, it's so damn fucking easy.

If you need a tutorial, just PM me, it's easy as hell.

I'm going to make blue and purple ones, for the high beams and low beams.

It only requires the clear plastic part that your turn on your blinds on the window. You buy 2 of those, get some like a knife or preferably a roto zip, and a hair dryer or heat gun.

1)Figure out how big you want your circles, use the simple formula for figuring out circumference, then cut the plastic the length you need.

2)Next heat up the clear plastic piece and shape into a circle.

3)Next, cut on the front and back side of the circle, even spaced about 1/2" centimeter apart. Do this all around the ring, make sure you do it 1 on the back and 1 directly on the front.

4) where the ends of the circle meet together, drill a directly in the butt end of the piece. this is where you will put an LED light of your choice, any color you want. One of my friends did white, the other did blue. The blue looks the best. I'm probably gonna experiment with blue on one end and purple on the other and see how it looks when it lights up, maybe it'll blend from blue to purple.

5) The on the positive side you put 2 resisters in parallel. The resisters look like this (red stripe, red stripe, brown stripes, gold stripe) which I believe is 220 with 5% tolerance. So you'll have 2 of them twisted together that goes in series with the power wire to the leds, and then you'll just have a negative wire going to the other wire on the leds.

6) Give them power and you're done

Tiptronic
12-21-2002, 11:14 AM
i just saw this in another forum. keeping this one, deleting the other

Jesse
12-21-2002, 11:45 AM
I put a link to it in the off topic since this can be done for any generation.

I did notice that HyperSilver has a tutorial as well and mine is pretty similar to his.

HiperSilver
12-21-2002, 04:31 PM
theres a website that started all this, its completely in depth, ill post it, its the one i used to follow. Your biggest problem will be finding the rod

i went to home depot, bed bath and beyond, craft stores, blinds stores, etc
They only sell Hollow rods, u need a solid one, what i did was have my dad brign an acrlyic or lexan rod form work and i used that, Mounting them is going to be difficult, seeing as you will need more than just super glue, i will type up a full one , at least what i did, so far it still holds, pictures will be up in a few.