PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION: 99 Galant Keyless Entry Owners

ed294
11-12-2007, 10:19 PM
Wuzzup!!! I have a 99 Galant ES and my keyless entry just has the 2 button (Lock, Unlock) remote. I wanted to know if anybody with the factory alarm (3 button-Panic button, Lock, Unlock) has the horn chirp when the lock button is pushed. I was considering having the dealer add the factory alarm to my current setup ( I want to keep the factory setup) if the horn chirps when the lock button is pressed.

SleekGTZ
11-12-2007, 10:23 PM
I have the 3 button remote, but the horn doesn't chirp when I press the lock button. There was a tutorial around here on how to enable the chirp when you lock, but I tried that and it didn't work.

cdipier2
11-12-2007, 10:33 PM
mine has just lock and unlock. the lights flash but i cant get the chirp to work like SleekGTZ

Distort
11-12-2007, 11:03 PM
1: Press the LOCK switch for 4 to 10 seconds and press the UNLOCK switch during this period.
2: Release the LOCK and UNLOCK switches at the same time.

ONE BUZZER: Horn will sound regardless of whether doors are locked or unlocked.

TWO BUZZERS: The horn will not sound. even if the doors are locked with the keyless entry system.

THREE BUZZERS: Horn will only sound when the keyless entry LOCK switch is pressed again to reconfirm that the doors are locked.

Straight out of the Galant manual...