PDA

View Full Version : foglight bulb size

cbuster77
11-13-2007, 10:23 PM
i raed on here the bulb size is 880 but according to piaa the bulb size is h1 ..so does it matter which i use?

http://www.piaa.com/BulbApplications.php

RedGalant2k1
11-13-2007, 10:26 PM
PIAA is wrong.

Its a 893 bulb.

fatal1
11-14-2007, 12:22 AM
PIAA is wrong.

Its a 893 bulb.

yep

BGR
11-14-2007, 01:28 AM
Just an FYI if you didn't already know - it's easier to change the bulb by going behind the light assembly (under the bumper) and removing the bulb from the rear vs. the instruction in the book. When you reach under the bumper and touch the foglight assembly and connector, you'll see what I'm talking about and know how to remove the connector & bulb.

mrjaydeeone
11-14-2007, 08:00 AM
^^ this is very true. I used to change mine by removing the whole assembly from the front of the bumpber. What a P.I.T.A.

BGR
11-14-2007, 09:35 AM
^^ this is very true. I used to change mine by removing the whole assembly from the front of the bumpber. What a P.I.T.A.

I had tried a couple times (before giving up) to change the bulb as it said in the book and then later realizing that the beam was no longer on the road. :lol: I remember being in a parking lot and turning on the fogs and the light appeared about 20 feet up on the wall (no wonder people would flash their lights at me when I drove by at night). Go figure, that screw that you're supposed to turn and move as it says in the book, is the height adjustment for the fog lights (knowledge for the noobs).

When removing the bulb (if you're facing the car and reach under) turn the bulb to the left. You may have to apply some force and have a strong grip to turn that bitch. But if you're under the car looking at the back of the foglight, then it's lefty loosey, righty tighty.