PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions.

2004-gts
11-20-2007, 05:37 PM
Im new to the whole moding game but i want to finaly do up my 2004 Pear White GTS and therefore i have a bunch of questions.

1. Sounds System - Im thinking of buying a clarion amp with 2 10" Kaption SPL Subs.... was wondering if n e one has had n e experience with the Kaption Subs and if it's hard to hook up the amp and subs to the stock head unit... also i was thinking of replacing my head unit but i heard from numerous people that it's not possible because the system is hooked up the the climate control or something like that so i was wondering if someone could clarify that for me.

2. HID's - Is it possivle to hook up a 8000k hid kit on the 2004 gts and is it hard to do?

3. Viper alarm with car starter - is it possible to hook it up to the 9G... i heard there is a chip in the key but its possible to instal the chip into the car or alarm and it will work.. is this correct ?

4. Sprint Springs or Works Springs ?

5. Recomended exhaust... want a loud low sound.

please explain in plain english because as i said im new to the modding game and therfore aren't as oriented as most of you here. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

dknight3
11-20-2007, 09:37 PM
2) yes its fairly easy
3) don't get an alarm cause you'll have to disable your immobilizer
4) any springs you want
5) don't get an exhaust

krazienluv10
11-20-2007, 11:36 PM
for the sound system, you can add subwoofers... however depending if you have an infinity system or not , you have you might not be able to change the headunit... edit: nm you have a gts soo your only option is to custom a navi on their if your really want to change to stock display

go with Works! sprint sucks or as told by other members

i have 6000k on my car, looks great! Very easy...