PDA

View Full Version : diagnostics program?

duh2150
11-21-2007, 12:44 PM
yes i know there are diagnostics programs out, tehres soem for programing, and i seenthe threads but i want a regular non programing program, we have one but its really not user friendly, so could anyone just send me a link or something on this? thanks

WarmAndSCSI
11-21-2007, 01:28 PM
You mean like EvoScan or ScanTech? Not sure if the latest release of EvoScan supports our cars' OBD-II system, though. ScanTech does for sure. You'll need a Tactrix cable - $89 IIRC, cheapest you'll get a system like this for, plus you'll get ECU flashing capabilities.

Links:

http://obdscantech.cjb.net/
http://www.limitless.co.nz/
http://www.tactrix.com/product_info.php?products_id=34&osCsid=438974bae49fe51ee682ff1018436667

duh2150
11-21-2007, 02:40 PM
yeah i got a obd-II cable already, but can a obd-II program tell your hp? and if so what one? i want a free program also thanks

WarmAndSCSI
11-21-2007, 03:01 PM
No free program is going to tell you anything :lol:

ScanTech is free, it just reads the codes... God, Aaron, READ THE STUFF I POST! :D

shiznit013
11-21-2007, 04:31 PM
I seem to remember EvoScan having an option to calculate your HP. Of course it won't be as effective as having it done on a dyno, but it should give you a rough idea. I wish I had my laptop with EvoScan on it, so I could give you more details, but someone has borrowed it.

I was never able to get ScanTech to connect.

WarmAndSCSI
11-21-2007, 04:42 PM
I seem to remember EvoScan having an option to calculate your HP. Of course it won't be as effective as having it done on a dyno, but it should give you a rough idea. I wish I had my laptop with EvoScan on it, so I could give you more details, but someone has borrowed it.

I was never able to get ScanTech to connect.

EvoScan's HP calculation feature blows ass. The whole graph viewing system works as if a .NET intern wrote it. They seriously did a piss poor part on that part of EvoScan. It takes like 5 minutes to load a large log and just as long to move around in it.

ScanTech works fine, you just have to figure out the correct connection options - it's not hard.

duh2150
11-21-2007, 07:54 PM
does scantech have hp calc, or anything differnt from the other ones, me and my dad got one from www.obd.com, i got everything but like a hp calc it sucks lol it gives all the sensors, but nothing about the main shit lol like hp just the raw data

duh2150
11-21-2007, 09:01 PM
mines free i just dont know if you need a key or somthing to use it for you peeps

WarmAndSCSI
11-21-2007, 09:09 PM
Dude, you know how much tuning work I do. One thing I can tell you is that no road dyno is worth a shit. None of them are going to give you what you want and unless you have your own personal airfield, the numbers will never be consistent.

I've tried two now based on completely different logging mechanisms and both sucked.

duh2150
11-21-2007, 10:47 PM
of course they aint going ot be consistant, nothing is ever consistant lol

WarmAndSCSI
11-21-2007, 10:49 PM
of course they aint going ot be consistant, nothing is ever consistant lol

True, but a real roller is 10x more consistent. Trust me on that. EvoScan seems to just make up HP figures.

underated
11-22-2007, 01:32 AM
does evoscan pull up DTC's i know it has a place for it but does it actually work or is for future updates? i have a palm pilot and run pocketlogger on it but i have a tatrix cable now and im going to use ecu flash and i need a good loggers and trouble code reader.

what works best?
http://obdscantech.cjb.net/ looks good how do you like it WarmAndSCSI

duh2150
11-22-2007, 06:41 AM
if could put the program on my moms labstop and hook it up and drive it around.

WarmAndSCSI
11-22-2007, 09:56 AM
does evoscan pull up DTC's i know it has a place for it but does it actually work or is for future updates? i have a palm pilot and run pocketlogger on it but i have a tatrix cable now and im going to use ecu flash and i need a good loggers and trouble code reader.

what works best?
http://obdscantech.cjb.net/ looks good how do you like it WarmAndSCSI

EvoScan is going to have a future release that supports it. 2.0 might, but I never get any e-mails from them letting me know of new downloads. It's kind of annoying because I have to bother the owner every time I want an update.

ScanTech works fine for pulling codes. That's all I use it for.

laxinwarrior
11-22-2007, 12:34 PM
does scantech have hp calc, or anything differnt from the other ones, me and my dad got one from www.obd.com, i got everything but like a hp calc it sucks lol it gives all the sensors, but nothing about the main shit lol like hp just the raw data

If all you care about is numbers, pony up the cash and go to a dyno. I can guarantee you will not like the numbers you see but at least you'll be able to tell everyone you have 100 whp. :roll:

WarmAndSCSI
11-22-2007, 12:41 PM

If all you care about is numbers, pony up the cash and go to a dyno. I can guarantee you will not like the numbers you see but at least you'll be able to tell everyone you have 100 whp. :roll:

bahahahaha :lol:

Yeah, seriously. I barely get the nerve up to put down $75 every time I want to see my numbers. I couldn't imagine shelling out any money to see the figures for a stock I4 Galant.

duh2150
11-22-2007, 01:41 PM
i think id put down like 130 lol, i think of it x4 tho lol becasue i wish

laxinwarrior
11-22-2007, 08:05 PM

Your delusional...

WarmAndSCSI
11-22-2007, 08:15 PM

Your delusional...

He's manual, no? Probably 115-125. It makes 145 at the crank stock, right?

laxinwarrior
11-22-2007, 09:04 PM
In a 7g with 5 spd and CAI i put down 116 whp and 132 wtq so I find it hard to believe he will be much higher than that to the wheels.

duh2150
11-23-2007, 12:22 AM
intake and exhaust lol, but seriously people say it dont give alto of hp, but i seriously when iwas auto i went from nothnig to maknig the tires spin at least one time around going straight ow im 5 speed its like yeah i can feel the differnace on both manual of course and the intake and exhaust

underated
11-23-2007, 11:39 AM
with the scantech program do you just use the demo version?

WarmAndSCSI
11-23-2007, 12:35 PM
I thought ScanTech was free... whoops.

underated
11-23-2007, 05:48 PM
the demo version is but i guess it has some features unusable until you register it but i downloaded the demo and the dtc part works so its all good lol

WarmAndSCSI
11-23-2007, 06:05 PM
the demo version is but i guess it has some features unusable until you register it but i downloaded the demo and the dtc part works so its all good lol

Your old avatar was much better. :lol: