PDA

View Full Version : hydraulic suspension worththe headache?

cremeofthecrop
11-22-2007, 03:08 PM
i got another g with hydraulice already installed, now i like it, being that i hear how pricey it is and never having one, i am like, f it, lets rock...now apart from the ooh's and aah's when driving and "dancing" or stopping and sitting on all 4's the standing up to drive..it is bouncy as fuck ..i mean i understand the air thingy but jeez i cant even speed in theis thing for frar of flying//is this normal? i am about to go back on stock suspnsion

bronxbombr
11-22-2007, 03:20 PM
Ya, thats normal for a car with that type of suspension. Back in the days if you remember there was a 1985 honda civic (red and grey 2 tone) that use to be all over the valley. I had bought it back then off this dude and experienced the same thing even tho back then they use liquid instead of air, its the same thing with the way it rides.

Feels like the front of the car just wants to take off the ground dont it?

cremeofthecrop
11-22-2007, 05:12 PM
dude it's frickin annoying, i mean i cant even drive past 70 and i gotta hold the wheel with both hands, i mean the idea is cool but the driveability is super crappy

ricky_db
11-23-2007, 06:55 AM
if you can get it to about the same height as ride or a lil bit below the ride should be a lil bit better

spdracr
11-23-2007, 07:44 AM
from what i hear its bouncy regardless of where u set it and it makes some kinda sense cuz people who install this kinda setup do it for show and for looks not to drive as a daily driver in most cases

get those pics up creme ive been anxious to see it

bronxbombr
11-23-2007, 08:07 AM
from what i hear its bouncy regardless of where u set it and it makes some kinda sense cuz people who install this kinda setup do it for show and for looks not to drive as a daily driver in most cases

get those pics up creme ive been anxious to see it

ditto:

GOOSEY2099
11-23-2007, 08:58 AM
Its for SHOW not GO

9G
11-23-2007, 09:06 AM
drive in 13" rims and 80 aspect tires

ricky_db
11-23-2007, 09:13 AM
Its for SHOW not GOx2 it realy sucks i just dont have time to take my bags off yet before it realy gets bad

mrjaydeeone
11-23-2007, 06:15 PM
I heard after a while of driving on bags your back starts to get pretty messed up

cremeofthecrop
11-24-2007, 12:56 AM
more than likely its back to suspension and lowered springs next month, cant deal with this bouncy sh@t, fuck the oohs and aahs of hydraulics

bronxbombr
11-24-2007, 01:55 AM
lolol. i dont know maybe cuz its air and not liquid but back then i use to be out in my shit , and that was with a 2 pump 3 dump and 2 truck batteries in the trunk, with me and my passenger.

RAZ_76
11-24-2007, 05:43 AM
Had hydraulics back in the day and I would never have it again, bunch of batteries occuping your trunk, always have to charge them and then having to deal with hydraulic fluid and rides like crap, no thank you. Id do air before I do that again or stock suspension.

bronxbombr
11-24-2007, 08:57 AM
Had hydraulics back in the day and I would never have it again, bunch of batteries occuping your trunk, always have to charge them and then having to deal with hydraulic fluid and rides like crap, no thank you. Id do air before I do that again or stock suspension.

you do have a point, i busted a seal one time when i was doing 5mph and hopping about 3ft off the ground.