PDA

View Full Version : Engine Start Button

desertfrog
11-24-2007, 09:43 PM
Has anyone ever attempted to install an engine start button in a Galant 8G, or is there a universal one I could buy and hook up... like on the honda s2000, what would be really cool is have one hidden in the automatic gear noob like in the McLeran Mercedec SLR....

desertfrog
11-24-2007, 09:59 PM
Has anyone ever attempted to install an engine start button in a Galant 8G, or is there a universal one I could buy and hook up... like on the honda s2000, what would be really cool is have one hidden in the automatic gear noob like in the McLeran Mercedec SLR....

yeah I posted this here by mistake I ment to put in the 8g section....

mrjaydeeone
11-24-2007, 10:03 PM
I don't think anyone has done it on here. But you can buy a universal one on EBAY I am sure. And it would work like a remote starter, that you would press the button and the car would start, but you would need to have the key in and in the on position to actually get into gear

ShiZnitH
11-24-2007, 10:05 PM
Nice idea btw ;)

pinoyesv6
11-24-2007, 10:33 PM
i believe stewi installed one. i remember reading it somewhere.

but yea, a buncha his car's parts don't rely on the factory components

Stewi
11-25-2007, 01:18 AM
i believe stewi installed one. i remember reading it somewhere.

but yea, a buncha his car's parts don't rely on the factory components

Yeah I HAD one. Not any more. I had the one from Ignited Performance which you can find on ebay for about $40

The main reason I installed it was because I had a short somewhere in the fuse box to the wire that turned the starter on, so I used the start button instead. But also understand that this was a car that was never ever left unattended, never parked outside of my garage over night (except for the TGC meet track day in MD in which I parked it right in front of my hotel room window, with the alarm on, and with the fuel map disabled so it couldnt be started without the laptop)

Once I replaced my harness I no longer needed the switch.

ScottsNCGalant
11-25-2007, 04:29 PM
Yes, I have one. I went with Ignited. Really easy to do, and looks really good.