PDA

View Full Version : the bad luck continues -_-

tgc8gdanno
11-25-2007, 04:19 PM
ok well i was just driving around the other day and my right hand side mirror just falls off... wth!!!!! how would i go about fixing it? i have it tape up for now but i really want to see if i can fix it myself before i send it in to a body shop. and i crashed my rear bumper twice already and one side just had a lot of scratching but the other has is cracked and looks bent.. could it be fixed? or would it be better just to buy a replacement bumper?

pinoyesv6
11-25-2007, 04:40 PM
pictures are worth a thousand words.

the mirror. it might be able to be fixed. it all dpeends on why it broke. is the housing cracked. the studs the hold them in are broken? the nuts that hold the mirror are missing, and etc

as for the bumper. it might be able to be salvaged. again, we can't see what's wrong with it so can't really say how to fix things. you might want to take it to a couple of body shops and see what they say and maybe give u a free esitmate.

Eclipse97526
11-30-2007, 09:21 AM
you know, you can buy a cheap replacement off eb-ay i think a set of 2 new ones runs around 60-80 bucks usally, depends on where it was broke, somebody leaned down and pressed on mine, breaking it half, snapped the bolts in half, and broke the plastic retainers the bolts bolt into, i just used JB Weld. Put a whole shitload on there, and duct taped it up there as tight and flush as possible. LEave it on there for 3 days, the tape, then remove, That JB _ Weld is hard as steel, It was really cold when i did this the first time, it lasted 3 months till it warmed up in the spring, It fell off.... So i put ALOT of JB weld on there, taped it up there, left the duct tape on for 4-5 days, and it has been on ever sence, Strong as strong can be, i can scrub it, drive threw cash washes, what ever, and its not even noticeable at all. its been like that a year and a half now, i need to buy the whole new asembly and the mirrors. But there prolly way expencive to replace the assemblys in the door that the mirror bolts to. for something thats not even noticeable, and it can handle my 4600 watt stereo.

BGR
11-30-2007, 01:35 PM
I once tore my mirror off by accident when I was backing out of the garage and the Galant mirror hit my other car's mirror. I used some Rhyno glue (super glue, krazy glue) to attach it back. Thankfully it popped off the 3 steel pins inside. I just glued it on from there.

CHICAGO_ONE
11-30-2007, 01:50 PM
The glue might help for awhile, but if you broke the plastic housings where the screws go into, between the mirror and the car, then it may still fall off. I had mine on with epoxy. Stayed on for a few weeks, but with minor impact, say like a touch car wash, it got knocked off again. Just be careful with it, glue can only help so much.

As for the bumper, im looking to do the same thing. Some minor work and a paint job will probably clear up those cosmetic issues. But is it worth it. Shop near me had me look to spend almost $300 for minor work. You might just want to wait and paint the whole car.

Serstylz2
11-30-2007, 02:17 PM
dont let it dangle n rub against ur paint whatever u do

Eclipse97526
11-30-2007, 03:11 PM
i tell ya man. but JB weld everywhere its broken, and wrap duct tape around 3 or 4 times, it may not seem like it will harden or work very well, But make sure its really tight, give it 3 days, its like liquid steel man, u can even machine it and use it on engine blocks.