View Full Version : question about headlights

fq2691
12-01-2007, 06:10 PM
i have a 8g and i see thay have 2 bulbs per side high and low. well my lights have only one bulb what's up with that is there two types for the 8g

pinoyesv6
12-01-2007, 06:32 PM
pretty much i'll sum it like this.

usdm headlights had two bulbs. the main light and the turn singal.

then the world has seperate bulbs for high and low, the turn signal and a city light sometimes.

RedGalant2k1
12-01-2007, 06:34 PM
The US-spec 8G Galant has a single bulb with high beam and low beam. The JDM-world spec 8G Galant has seperate high beam, and low beam bulbs.

6G72Galant
12-02-2007, 05:53 AM
i have a 8g and i see thay have 2 bulbs per side high and low. well my lights have only one bulb what's up with that is there two types for the 8g

Im guessing you want JDM headlights.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i130/6g72galant/grille2.jpg

Eclipse97526
12-02-2007, 12:46 PM

You have USDM headlights :) JDM are slimer, and longer,1 and or 2 piece. so they take some modification to get to fit in a USDM 8g ( You must cut out a little piece of the radiator supprot ) Also you need a JDM Grille if you plan on doing the conversion. But it looks like you already have a front viel,

Reelax
12-02-2007, 02:43 PM

... JDM are a 2 peice,..

...Also the wiring is a little difrent, its failry easy to wire in, only diff is you use H4 bulbs for Low beams, and have another light for Highbeams, an H1 Bulb...

please don't give out wrong information.

JDM headlights are available in both 1 piece and 2 piece versions (seperate corner lights - amber and clear versions). i have 1 piece clear cornered JDM's (taiwan LHD beam pattern) and was one of the first in north america to do the conversion from USDM (2000). USDM headlights use H4 bulbs for both hi and low beams (alternating activation) in a single beam shielded reflector housing. JDM headlights use H7 low, H1 hi (low beam stays on when hi beam is activated) in a dual beam reflector housing (only outside pair [low beam] is shielded).

fq2691
12-02-2007, 03:53 PM
so how hard will it be to make a single blub projecter W/high and low in one bulb) and a halo ring and i wanna get a HID kit is there one for high and low beam

Reelax
12-03-2007, 08:58 PM
so how hard will it be to make a single blub projecter W/high and low in one bulb) and a halo ring and i wanna get a HID kit is there one for high and low beam

not super hard. your best bet is to retrofit an OE bixenon projector (HID D2S projector unit w/ moveable internal selenoid controlled shield to switch beam pattern from lo to hi) from cars such as the acura tl. as for the halos, you can get them on ebay or make your own from clear acrylic rods lit by LED; there are tutorials scattered on the web showing how to do both.

fq2691
12-04-2007, 05:30 AM
i might not have that mutch time on my hands.lol dose anyone make that one. or am i S.O.L. i work 12 to 16 hr a day 6 days a week somtimes 7 days like last week and this week.

dknight3
12-04-2007, 06:01 AM
i might not have that mutch time on my hands.lol dose anyone make that one. or am i S.O.L. i work 12 to 16 hr a day 6 days a week somtimes 7 days like last week and this week.
damn man, i sleep 12 to 16 hours 7 days a week.

fq2691
12-05-2007, 05:40 AM
well i guess that is the only way to get the things i want like a newer car a new truck a house i have a baby on the way