PDA

View Full Version : #s #s #s

galant96s
12-23-2002, 08:46 PM
i need #S
i keep telling people about what i wanna do (4g63t swap) and they dont think it can be done like talkign about
how about some #s on what u all are running who have done it, and what mods u have,and what are u N/A people doing? any cams installed yet?
also how about u 4g64 turbo guys what #s are u all running/putting out
thanks!

bstnsportsfan
12-24-2002, 02:17 PM
moved to 7g Performance forum

g96nt
12-24-2002, 02:23 PM
when I read the topic, I was like "pounds?"

I have the swap.. first one Ever.. it's fun... could Walk a person through it, but have never Sat down to write it up.

I have an all-mitsubishi-OEM-part motor with aftermarket clutch, and Some small stuff, I've raced it once..un-tuned and managed a 14.0@103

It's a weekend project, Assuming you're not trevmill from NC, and you are able to collect all your parts before-hand.

as Far as turbo 4g64... just As much fun.. less work.

galant96s
12-25-2002, 04:23 AM
some body told me that trap speed is BS
im not doubting u just wondering whats up
and have u ever dynod it?
thanks alot

g96nt
12-27-2002, 10:47 AM
told you that *MY* trap speed is BS?

absolutely not...I'd never lie About anything performace-wise.

the Car isn't Exactly dyno-worth right now, and the closest dyno is 2+ hours Away.

in the very near future, The Car is going in for an overhaul of Sorts, Where the motor will be tuned, turbo upgraded, and FMIC installed

when that happens, I will be on the dyno for A Full Day solid, Squeezing every HP out of the motor.

at Which time, I will post results...

I had mentioned it once before.. I have a Friend With a '93 FWD Tsi
when he Ran a 14.@100, he brought his DSM to the dyno, and put 240HP to the ground (which is approximately 275@ the crank). Taking into consideration my crappy 60-footers, and higher trap MPH, we're concluded I've got maybe 25-40HP Additional.. which allows me to "guess" that when I ran Those times, I was producing ~300HP

which, isn't All *that* Great..
18Psi on a stock DSM motor
K&N, 2.5" Exhaust, and AFC Along with some 110octane gas

the "good" thing, is That The car has wiring gremlins, which don't allow me to tune The car Any leaner Than .94v on the S-afc (REALLY Rich)
so, I'm willing ot bet, I could have squeezed a good amount more...but that, is pure speculation.

you guys will hear a lot more of my car this coming season. once the upgrades happen, and all.

TurboGalant
12-30-2002, 11:37 AM
4g64 turbo
Have not run it at the track yet, or dynoed it, but it is alot of fun to drive.

Don't know if I would agree with it being less work, I am still experiencing expensive headaches from it - one reason it has not been to the track.

But, I am buying the parts to rebuild it, and it will happen soon. It does help to have all the parts before hand. I'll be going down to Bar None Motorsport in Dallas to talk to them about doing the rebuild and dyno tune. I'll have all kinds of info for the board then.

g96nt
12-31-2002, 08:35 AM
rich.. are you a member of 4g64?
or Did you just stumble across their site?