PDA

View Full Version : Taking the 97 ES on a road trip

paulbunyan
12-23-2002, 09:31 PM
All,
I will be heading down to Charlotte, NC. I am taking the Galant. We'll see how she runs. I'm gonna top off the oil tomorrow and check the antifreeze right when I leave. Last time I took her on a road trip (Atlanta), the transmission started shifting funny when I got down to Georgia after I had been running 100-110 mph for about 20 or 30 miles. And that's about a week after I got the 60,000 mile service done. I haven't dont anything else to it since then other than change the oil about 7,000 miles ago (lol i know i know)

paulbunyan

delo
12-24-2002, 09:24 AM
You should be fine. I took 2 road trips to Virginia Beach, VA and had no problems. I have a 94 LS with over 100k miles. The first trip was in July and the next one was two weeks after in August. Had no problems. Thank God. Be Safe.

bstnsportsfan
12-24-2002, 02:12 PM
Last christmas at around 65000 miles I drove from Florida to Nh and back. Total miles was around 5000 miles. Galant was fine. No problems. We did 1500 miles in 21 hours, only time we shut car off was to fill up on gas. You should be in good shape.

paulbunyan
12-26-2002, 08:17 AM
All,
I made it down to Charlotte and back alright. From Arlington, VA I took 66 West to 81 South to 77 South to Huntersville. It only took us about 7 hours. Thats actually pretty good considering that we drove through one of the worst snowstorms of the year, and that 75% of that was through mountains (Front Royal VA, Roanoke, Radford, etc). We took 85 to 95 all the way back though. I DID NOT want to try those mountains again lol. Also, I saw over 30 separate accidents involving probably over 40 cars, no exagerration. I also saw a Mustang GT (2000 or 2001) that was driving over 85 mph in light sleet/freezing rain. That driver had to be either an old expert at driving through snow, or really dumb, or used to riding on this particular hiway. Needless to say I was right on his ass until he turned off lol.

As far as the ride, all went well. No problems whatsoever...Oh yeah, the Check Engine light had been out for like 2 days...it came back on about 3 hours after we started. I still need to get that damned ECU read...I think Ill go get that done the morning of the January 4th meet in MD. That'll give me something to do...

paulbunyan

pinoyesv6
12-26-2002, 11:47 AM
we'll pass by autozone on the way to the meet. its liek 3 mins from the shop but im guessing the shop would have the scanning tools too

paulbunyan
12-26-2002, 03:06 PM
Pinoy,
That AutoZone sux ass. They were too lazy to read my computer, I had to drive to the one in LaPlata to get them to try to read it...

paulbunyan