PDA

View Full Version : Which 7G Norcal product do you want most? *DEAD*

2True
12-24-2002, 08:58 PM
These are the products you guys wanted.
You only get one vote, the poll will last 14 days and the majority voted item will become our Group Buy.
I can run the poll longer if need be.

Choose wisely.

Here..
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2True)</div><div class='quotemain'>OK guys, I need to know what we want made or I am just gonna pick one and see who's with me. Here the PM I sent Norcal:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Me)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hi Guys, Â*

We seem to have gotten the ball rolling on this thread here.. Click Here Â*

What I would like to discuss with you is finding out what is feasable for your company to produce for us 7g owners. You must understand that we do not have the numbers as the 8g'ers do; therefore a large group buy for something over $300 is not realistic in our case (except possibly a full kit). I was hoping we could put our heads together for something a bit more simplistic, some suggestions are: Â*

Front Lip Spoiler Â*
Low rear deck spoiler Â*
CF Gauge Bezel Â*
Cf/alluminum dash kit Â*
Rear disc conversion kit Â*
2 & 3 gauge pod Â*
New taillights Â*
Big brake kit(12" front, 10" back) Â*

These are all rather common items that other import car owners may take for granted. We have never had any of these items available to us. Â*
I am positive that I could pull ten people together for any of these items if that is the magic number. I would vary much like to hear your suggestion. Â*

Thanks again for the support you are showing Â*

Wes</div>

And here's his reply:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Norcal)</div><div class='quotemain'>We can pretty much get any of those items made we just need the demand to be there. That is the only thing. My manufacturer wont make anything unless I can atleast order 10 for the first round. Â*

Cliff

</div>

Add the CAI to the list. I think I should start a poll...</div>

:thumbsup:

Wes

seth98esT
12-24-2002, 10:25 PM
man that was tough!

alright guys. people already make the cf AND aluminum dash kits if you already did not know. they are a tad expensive but not sure how much NorCal would produce em for either

ClickHere ('http://home.no.net/skauprod/sig/after2.jpg')

i wanna change my vote! hah

o0 XeRO G 0o
12-25-2002, 12:06 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth)</div><div class='quotemain'>man that was tough!

alright guys. Â*people already make the cf AND aluminum dash kits if you already did not know. Â*they are a tad expensive but not sure how much NorCal would produce em for either

i wanna change my vote! hah</div>

umm. that link... hmmm....

seth98esT
12-25-2002, 12:29 PM
lol :oops:

ClickHERE! ('http://www.autodash.com/details.lasso?sn=6057&pn=7912')

roman
12-25-2002, 05:59 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(X7eyeHATEyou7X)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth)</div><div class='quotemain'>man that was tough!

alright guys. Â*people already make the cf AND aluminum dash kits if you already did not know. Â*they are a tad expensive but not sure how much NorCal would produce em for either

i wanna change my vote! hah</div>

umm. that link... hmmm....</div>

I know lol
nice car tho https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

as for what I want ........... u dotn have it on a list ........ but a turbo charger or a bigger variety of body kits would be real nice

I mean, we all cant feed on just Erebuni https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

I want more perfomance parts that actually say "For a '94-'98 I4 Galant ES"

but yea, more body kits would be a plus from me :cry:

2True
12-25-2002, 07:53 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(roman)</div><div class='quotemain'> Â*

as for what I want ........... u dotn have it on a list ........ but a turbo charger or a bigger variety of body kits would be real nice
I mean, we all cant feed on just Erebuni https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif</div>

See my first post in this thread .
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>
I want more perfomance parts that actually say "For a '94-'98 I4 Galant ES"
</div>
Then vote for the CAI... it will be built specifically for us! :thumbsup:

roman
12-25-2002, 08:44 PM
hahah I still want more Body kits be available ........ oh yea on that list I just voted for CAI ..... completely forgot to vote :oops:

seth98esT
12-25-2002, 08:46 PM
i was just wondering how much a full CAI kit would cost? any ballpark figures? im thinking we should get the CAI done first, then the lip kit.

95vegasgalant
12-26-2002, 06:02 PM
:twisted: for now i want the direct fit cai out of the most under 300 second I want the gauge bezel not cf aluminum only or the evo hood no bump how do i vote if its a go for the cai pm me please not the carbon fiber with red silicone tubing if not all black to match the different colored cars :twisted:

2True
12-26-2002, 09:33 PM
I sent a PM to Norcal with your Q's on it Seth and 95vegas. I'll post the reply.. Very good qustions guys.

Looks like the CAI is in the lead, I figured. 8)

BEAST
12-26-2002, 11:00 PM
I think that a CAI wouldn't be such a great thing to have built since it costs a fraction of the price to just build one yourself. With the $250.00 or $300.00 it would cost to have a CAI made you could spend that money on building your own CAI and still have $100.00+ left over to spend on whatever else. Just my $0.02

95vegasgalant
12-26-2002, 11:27 PM
:twisted: I rather have the nice looking one and pay 300 rather have that ugly looking one we make and it better be red or black rubber silicone fitting or I dont buy it :twisted:

2True
12-27-2002, 12:28 AM
I think that a CAI wouldn't be such a great thing to have built since it costs a fraction of the price to just build one yourself. With the $250.00 or $300.00 it would cost to have a CAI made you could spend that money on building your own CAI and still have $100.00+ left over to spend on whatever else. Just my $0.02

We've got to start somewhere..

I am more concerned about 108 veiws.... 14 votes. That's just sad people https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

BEAST
12-27-2002, 02:00 AM
That is sad. It's not like this is a binding contract to purchase what you vote for. It is just so we can get some ideas to tell Cliff what we want most. If nobody puts in any input then nothing can get done.

o0 XeRO G 0o
12-27-2002, 05:18 PM
quick question... whats wrong with the Akimoto CAI? Why dont we just buy those instead of getting a new one made?

2True
12-27-2002, 05:39 PM
The Akimoto is nothing but a filter and an adapter. It's a ram intake too BTW.

If they do make a CAI for the 7g, I would like to see it..

o0 XeRO G 0o
12-27-2002, 09:59 PM
The Akimoto is nothing but a filter and an adapter. It's a ram intake too BTW.

If they do make a CAI for the 7g, I would like to see it..

ic, thanks.. i just saw it on nopi's website, so i figured i'd ask...

krazienluv10
01-05-2003, 02:54 AM
by the way how much would a front lip cost anyways???

2True
01-05-2003, 03:37 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(krazienluv10)</div><div class='quotemain'>by the way how much would a front lip cost anyways???</div>

Not sure Chris, less than $300 would be the goal. The problem I can forsee with the lip spoiler is that it would have to be for either the 94-96 only or the 97/98 only. We have different bumpers so that may pose as a large obstical in getting one made.

krazienluv10
01-06-2003, 01:26 AM
really!! whats the difference between the 94 to 96 and 97-98 cuz i hav a 98... does the size differ that much?? they almost looke the same...

seth98esT
01-06-2003, 01:47 AM
94-96 and the 97-98 have 2 totally different front bumpers. they may line up somewhat, but they would most likely have to make one and modify it for the other or just make to separates

95vegasgalant
01-06-2003, 09:24 PM
:twisted: Can you guys hurry up and pick cause I already have the money I have 500 either for the evo hood or the cai red or black cause If I hit 1200 Ill either buy rims or a paint job first the lip no way I got the kit second tail light different from 94-96 and 9798 so please hurry so I can buy it if not I have to wait till income tax time :twisted:

BEAST
01-09-2003, 12:43 AM
So where are we at so far? Anywhere? Give us an update on this.

2True
01-09-2003, 12:50 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BEAST)</div><div class='quotemain'>So where are we at so far? Â*Anywhere? Â*Give us an update on this.</div>

UPDATE: Awaiting final instructions from Norcal to start the GB on the CAI.
I'll post it here when I hear from them, been a few days already though :?

2True
01-14-2003, 09:14 AM
Here's the PM from Norcal regarding the CAI..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Norcal Performance)</div><div class='quotemain'>We can Defintly do something with this. I just need somebody to bring there galant by my place so I can take a look at it. But we can definatly do it. Before I can get a price I need to take a look at a car. Â*

Cliff</div>

Well, who lives in the Bay Area? Cliff is located in San Jose, CA...
First guy that says they can get to San Jose will be my hero :tongue:

2True
01-24-2003, 02:15 PM
Nobody in the San Jose area that wants a CAI then? Hell, if I was still in LA I would drive up there myself... :?

Maybe I should just give up, screw it :decline:

seth98esT
01-25-2003, 12:20 AM
arg! im just going to start producing my own CAIs...i figure with mandral bent pip, filter, fittings, brackets, mas adaptor it would only run up to about $100-150...plus i could paint all the pipes with that heat paint for an extra $5 or so. me and another guy were looking into this the other day. anybody interested in a direct bolt on CAI for around $150?

BEAST
01-25-2003, 12:47 AM
Hell if nothing else you could just sell em on ebay or something.

2True
01-25-2003, 03:16 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth)</div><div class='quotemain'>arg! Â*im just going to start producing my own CAIs...i figure with mandral bent pip, filter, fittings, brackets, mas adaptor it would only run up to about $100-150...plus i could paint all the pipes with that heat paint for an extra $5 or so. Â*me and another guy were looking into this the other day. Â*anybody interested in a direct bolt on CAI for around $150?</div>

Well I like mine just fine anyways, but that's a hell of an idea Seth. I'll take a peice of that action! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

deserteagle
01-28-2003, 09:08 AM
I would like new tail lights.

BEAST
01-28-2003, 03:45 PM
I think we should try and get that lip kit going because I would be really interested on it depending on what it looked like and the price. Remember tax returns are coming soon and we should get this thing rollin so we don't blow our money before it's in prodution.

MidNightRacing
01-29-2003, 05:10 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth)</div><div class='quotemain'>arg! Â*im just going to start producing my own CAIs...i figure with mandral bent pip, filter, fittings, brackets, mas adaptor it would only run up to about $100-150...plus i could paint all the pipes with that heat paint for an extra $5 or so. Â*me and another guy were looking into this the other day. Â*anybody interested in a direct bolt on CAI for around $150?</div>
do you even have to ask?

ViciousLord
01-31-2003, 01:56 PM
so what the hell are we getting made??? im not about to more than 100 for this CAI intake, cause i can make it for under that.

2True
01-31-2003, 05:40 PM
Because of non-participation of both parties, this issue is now dead. NorCal will not respond to PM's and no 10 people here want the same thing. Unfortunate for all of us... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif
They need a 7g to make the products and apparently we don't have a 7g to give to them.

Well, perhaps another day we can come together as a whole and decide on something. Until then, however, this topic is closed.

ViciousLord
01-31-2003, 06:03 PM
lol, another one bits the dust now, lol

BEAST
02-01-2003, 12:05 AM
Man and I was really wantin to get that lip kit too. :cry:

ViciousLord
02-01-2003, 12:10 AM
thats TGC members for ya, im not talking about TGC!!! im talking about the members, so please mods dont get all mad at me.

2True
02-01-2003, 01:49 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BEAST)</div><div class='quotemain'>Man and I was really wantin to get that lip kit too. :cry:</div>

Contact NorCal and get a GB going BEAST. I'd be in on that GB for sure :thumbsup: Perhaps you'll be more successful than I was... I was too impartial I think. I'll tell you know that NorCal will need a 7g for a few hours to make the measurements and we don't seem to have anyone in the Bay Area, CA to give one up...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ViciousLord)</div><div class='quotemain'>thats TGC members for ya, im not talking about TGC!!! im talking about the members, so please mods dont get all mad at me.</div>
I won't get mad :wink: Actually, as much as it pains me to say... I partially agree with you, particularly 7g owners. We have basically NO aftermarket support, an opportunity to acheive some arrives, we blow it. You know why?.... motivation.
We seem to be lacking a driving force that the 8g'ers apparently have. There are many factors that contribute to this.. but motivation is a key example. We couldn't even get 10 people to all agree on one item and go with it, regarless the cost. It really is unfortunate. Perhaps we should just stick to ripping parts off of other cars and making them ours? I mean why not? it works for us... let's fabricate anything and everything. :?

Sorry bout this post but I'm just a tad frustrated and needed to vent, it will pass... you guys are still da Homies and the 7g is the most well kept secret on the street. Apparently about a dozen of us will be running Forced Induction by next winter, then they will have no choice but to RECOGNIZE!! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

:dumbass: Wes

Galant Ryder
02-05-2003, 10:13 PM
Maybe if you set something up and not give anyone a choice we would have a better chance in getting it made. because everyone would like everything on that list. you gotta pick one and say we have a group buy for this. as of right now i still dont know what i want most from that list. haha...gotta narrow it down to one. especially if your dealing with a company. that really made us look stupid. now we'll really have no aftermarket support ..

ViciousLord
02-05-2003, 10:17 PM
we are stupid, lol

2True
02-05-2003, 10:23 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Galant Ryder)</div><div class='quotemain'>Maybe if you set something up and not give anyone a choice we would have a better chance in getting it made. because everyone would like everything on that list. you gotta pick one and say we have a group buy for this. as of right now i still dont know what i want most from that list. haha...gotta narrow it down to one. especially if your dealing with a company. that really made us look stupid. now we'll really have no aftermarket support ..</div>

I did. It was for the 7g CAI... apparently there is no one in the Bay Area with a 7g, therefore NorCal cannot help us at all. They need a test vehicle for anthing we would have them make. That is the main reason this failed, the non-group participation was just a contributor. If I still lived in LA I could have gotten this done for us... guess it's my fault for being military :| Sorry guys