PDA

View Full Version : Strange problem

devgrp
12-10-2007, 01:51 PM
This is very strange, my check engine light has been on for about a month due to a bad O2 sensor. Easy fix. Anyway the car was stuttering a little for the past 2 days. I finally noticed that the coolant was almost gone, so I topped it off and now everything is ok.

I take a drive to the junk yard to look for some stuff. Everything was fine except for the ses light when I drove to the junk yard, but on my way home I noticed that the brake light and the battery light was also on. Anyone have any ideas what might have caused this? The only thing I did was fill the radiator with antifreeze. I just disconnected the battery to see if that will help.

Sleepervr-4
12-10-2007, 02:13 PM
Brake light and battery on at the same time usually means bad alternator. Check your battery voltage asap before you get stuck somewhere.

devgrp
12-10-2007, 02:35 PM
Ok I found the damn problem. When they stole my headlight, they ripped the harness off and the wire must have touched some metal and blew the fuse for the flasher. When I went back outside and started the car the headlight and the turn signal would'nt work. I replaced the blown fuse and now everything works and the lights are gone except for the ses :D

Eclipse97526
12-10-2007, 04:41 PM
i was just going to say, lol, i had a similiar problem, started with my heads kept burning out, then i had my AC and heater start acting up and dying. And my dash lights came on, i think it was a check engine light, and a parking break light, but i looked under the hood, and the part that plugs into the headlight on the passangerside was toatly fried. was a 15 $ junkyard fix. re wired the plug and it fixed everything.

Also check the junker or, the for sale section here, find a cheaper O2 than a new one.

I reccomend takin your car to a tuner shop or something of the sort if possible, i just say tuner shop because its slow season, and a local one here is running a free 5 point inspection.

How many miles you got ?

Definatly get your alternator checked out, see what your volate is doing. That was the next thing that went for me, right after my headlight fried, And my water pump was right behind, Then its a good time to consider a new timing belt ;)

devgrp
12-10-2007, 04:49 PM
Yeah it was the parkink brake light. I thought it was because my brake fluid was low, but when I checked it, it was fine, but as soon as I changed the fuse the lights went away. I'm gonna change the o2 sensor this weekend though.

BTW I have 73k miles on the g

Eclipse97526
12-10-2007, 04:56 PM
ahh, you got 23k to go ;) 100 k gotta do water pump and timing belt, just for a heads up ;)

Glad ya got it fixed. Mine was the H4 bulb fitting, it just fired, and cooked the wiring back about 3 inches. completly killed my headlights. And made my car go haywire

QUeEnSNY12
01-02-2008, 07:20 AM
bro u need a new altinator most likely

djflex167
01-02-2008, 07:23 AM
Ok I found the damn problem. When they stole my headlight, they ripped the harness off and the wire must have touched some metal and blew the fuse for the flasher. When I went back outside and started the car the headlight and the turn signal would'nt work. I replaced the blown fuse and now everything works and the lights are gone except for the ses :D

please don't tell me that was your JDM Headlights that were stolen...

djflex167
01-02-2008, 07:25 AM
i had a galant that at a some point the alternator belt was out and the battery light and ses light and i forgot how many more lights were on at the same time, i was like damn WTF is this? then i replaced it with a new belt and it went back to normal!! but i suggest u change ur alternator!! that should solve the problem here!!

RAZ_76
01-02-2008, 12:26 PM
Someone stole your headlight?? Is that what you said? Thats so pity.