PDA

View Full Version : 99 8G keeps stalling

Cheekz185
12-11-2007, 10:17 AM
Well my sister 99 i4is at it again... Well about a year ago the inake makifold cracked on her and she got it replaced. NOW her car is stalling. When you start the car it stalls almost right away. It takes a couple of tries before you can actually drive the car but one you start driving it is fine. It just stalls upon startup and that slight chance it doesnt stall upon start you can throw it in gear and drive fine. But It just keeps stalling and every once in a WITH MUCH LUCK it wont stall.

Could it be the intake mani again? Maybe a vacuum leak? If its the intake mani is it worth it to do the outlander manifold swap?

fatal1
12-12-2007, 04:03 AM
the outlander mani is metal apposed to stock which is plastic...hence its a lot harder to break lol i would say its definatelly worth it considering if it is definatelly that you went through 2 already....

Cheekz185
12-12-2007, 09:09 AM
Yeah it is confirmed that its the intake manifold... How much for parts u thing for the outlander mani? I just need the mani, throttle body and sensor?

Sleepervr-4
12-12-2007, 09:16 AM
You need the mani, tb and tps at the minimum. Everything else you can fab up and extend.