PDA

View Full Version : do you have an exhaust?

roman
12-25-2002, 04:24 PM
1) what kind
2) what is the size of piping and maybe a price u paid?

my plan: one of those universal with 2.5" piping, I'm thinking Apexi N1 or something like that

any ideas?

thanks

seth98esT
12-25-2002, 04:47 PM
i have the magnaflow street series single 3.5" tip i believe. cost me $95 from RRE and it sounds pretty good. Theres seems to be a little rust showing already. i got it back in july, but the winter up here is harsh plus i havent been taking care of it at all

roman
12-25-2002, 05:46 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth)</div><div class='quotemain'>i have the magnaflow street series single 3.5" tip i believe. Â*cost me $95 from RRE and it sounds pretty good. Â*Theres seems to be a little rust showing already. Â*i got it back in july, but the winter up here is harsh plus i havent been taking care of it at all</div>

is it just a tip or the whole muffler? did u do the piping too?

tnx

seth98esT
12-25-2002, 07:15 PM
just the muffler.

BLsGalant97
12-25-2002, 07:48 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth)</div><div class='quotemain'>i have the magnaflow street series single 3.5" tip i believe. Â*cost me $95 from RRE and it sounds pretty good. Â*Theres seems to be a little rust showing already. Â*i got it back in july, but the winter up here is harsh plus i havent been taking care of it at all</div>

Just wondering...what kinda things can you do to prevent any rusting???
Oh yeah i have a 3a Racing muffler

2True
12-25-2002, 07:56 PM
The 3A will not rust B. There's no way dammit! Mine will never rust!

LOL

You live on the East Coast bro... everything rusts.

BLsGalant97
12-25-2002, 08:08 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2True)</div><div class='quotemain'>The 3A will not rust B. There's no way dammit! Mine will never rust!

LOL

You live on the East Coast bro... everything rusts.</div>

Yeah im sure yours will always be clean since you live in ALASKA!!!

2True
12-25-2002, 08:16 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BLsGalant97)</div><div class='quotemain'>

Yeah im sure yours will always be clean since you live in ALASKA!!!</div>

LOL, ya they throw rocks on the ice up here instead of salt. I may have a broken windsheild but my muffler will be shiny! 8)

roman
12-25-2002, 09:48 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2True)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BLsGalant97)</div><div class='quotemain'>

Yeah im sure yours will always be clean since you live in ALASKA!!!</div>

LOL, ya they throw rocks on the ice up here instead of salt. I may have a broken windsheild but my muffler will be shiny! 8)</div>

LOL

er ..... Im interested in the piping size ...... usualy people do 2.5" ..... since most exhaust have a 2.5" inlet ......

seth98esT
12-25-2002, 10:50 PM
well i probably would not go any higher than 2.5" unless you are turboed or are going to add a turbo. i still have my stock 2.25" piping. my muffler is 2.5" inlet and he just custom bent a pipe to fit

Dark Anghell
12-25-2002, 11:22 PM
ohh...you said...TURBO...huhuh https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

P.S. I'm just really tired and bored https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

2True
12-25-2002, 11:55 PM
I have 2.5 cat back to my 3A Racing dual tip. I felt a difference but it's worthless until I get the headers and high flow cat and the ****** :wink:

I've been told that the 7g exhaust system is actually pretty good (non-cali specs) but the muffler is just stuffed to the brim. The best thing to do is get a straight thru muffler.

seth98esT
12-26-2002, 02:53 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pavel)</div><div class='quotemain'>ohh...you said...TURBO...huhuh Â*:lol: Â*

P.S. I'm just really tired and bored Â*:lol:</div>

:laughing: sure buddy :thumbsup:

:squish:

jluv97
12-26-2002, 09:22 AM
5zigen fireball $220, universal 125 mm.

Absolutely love it

roman
12-26-2002, 10:21 AM
so should custom piping be welded on or is the stock one OK?
I mean, alot of people say that custom strait piping allows for a better flow ........ so then how strait is Galant's piping(any1 got a pic?)

tnx

laosboyroy
12-26-2002, 02:49 PM
http://speedoptions.com/members/30120/35266/pic7_t.jpg theres mine just got it its 4 inch outlet o power loss or gain just there i guess.

moneybags20
12-27-2002, 06:19 PM
I think i got the same kind of apex'i muffler ya talkin bout,check out my avatar. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

2True
12-27-2002, 06:24 PM
Can't believe I missed this.. moved to performance for obvious reasons.

g96nt
12-27-2002, 08:49 PM
you realize that 125mm is like 5"?

that's your Tip.. not inlet =0]

when I had the 2.4L, I used 60mm mandrel HKS Hiper Cat-back (slightly modified)

perfect For 2.4L. with The Stock downpipe/catcon

worth its Weight in gold when mated To a 2.5" mandrel downpipe, and hi-flow Cat.

but, if you don't have access to the 60mm...2.5" is good just don't get a shitty muffler... it Will sound like Crap.

I promise

Dark Anghell
12-28-2002, 09:08 PM
you realize that 125mm is like 5"?

that's your Tip.. not inlet =0]

when I had the 2.4L, I used 60mm mandrel HKS Hiper Cat-back (slightly modified)

perfect For 2.4L. with The Stock downpipe/catcon

worth its Weight in gold when mated To a 2.5" mandrel downpipe, and hi-flow Cat.

but, if you don't have access to the 60mm...2.5" is good just don't get a shitty muffler... it Will sound like Crap.

I promise

>>>Was the cat-back from eclipse?
>>>If so, was it from turbo or non-turbo, and what year?
>>>After you installed the engine did you change the piping?

g96nt
12-29-2002, 08:18 AM
cat-back From a 95+ FWD turbo

slichtly modified to Work onthe galant (3" of pipe removed, and an extra bend Added)

the Catback is Still the 60mm

the turbo-> cat is 2.5" which is a 2.5" hi-flow Catcon

mitsubishigurl
03-04-2003, 05:30 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2True)</div><div class='quotemain'>The 3A will not rust B. There's no way dammit! Mine will never rust!

LOL

I want an exhaust but I don't want it really loud but loud enough to hear any suggestions. I talked to a few people and they said the cuz i have a 98 es 4 cylinder its gonna be loud anyway cuz its a small car. Help PLEASE What brand and how much should I spend?

MidNightRacing
03-04-2003, 06:14 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mitsubishigurl)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2True)</div><div class='quotemain'>The 3A will not rust B. There's no way dammit! Mine will never rust!

LOL

I want an exhaust but I don't want it really loud but loud enough to hear any suggestions. I talked to a few people and they said the cuz i have a 98 es 4 cylinder its gonna be loud anyway cuz its a small car. Help PLEASE What brand and how much should I spend?</div>
I heard good results from the 8g forum about the Bosal Pro-Sport Mufflers. They said its not to loud, but not totaly soft. Im getting the one with dual tips. Also the Top Secret mufflers I heard sound noce.

Kain
03-04-2003, 06:31 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(roman)</div><div class='quotemain'>so should custom piping be welded on or is the stock one OK?
I mean, alot of people say that custom strait piping allows for a better flow ........ so then how strait is Galant's piping(any1 got a pic?)

tnx</div>

The Galant piping is reasonably straight, and even mandrel bent from the factory. Quite nice actually.

mitsubishigurl
03-04-2003, 08:28 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MidnightES)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mitsubishigurl)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2True)</div><div class='quotemain'>The 3A will not rust B. There's no way dammit! Mine will never rust!

LOL

I want an exhaust but I don't want it really loud but loud enough to hear any suggestions. I talked to a few people and they said the cuz i have a 98 es 4 cylinder its gonna be loud anyway cuz its a small car. Help PLEASE What brand and how much should I spend?</div>
I heard good results from the 8g forum about the Bosal Pro-Sport Mufflers. They said its not to loud, but not totaly soft. Im getting the one with dual tips. Also the Top Secret mufflers I heard sound noce.</div>

How much do those usually go for? Can I look on ebay? Any places that you suggest i go to or look at

MidNightRacing
03-04-2003, 08:56 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mitsubishigurl)</div><div class='quotemain'>How much do those usually go for? Can I look on ebay? Any places that you suggest i go to or look at</div>
well there a website that sells em for $70 (check the 8g board under general post for it) and one at summit racing for $100 and ill have to do some searching for top secret (only found one site that had it)its about $130? Ok the top secret one is a t raretrick.com

HeadAche
03-05-2003, 12:17 AM
5Zigen Fireball 125mm, 2.5" mandreal bent cat-back exhaust, $300 for everything..

MidNightRacing
03-05-2003, 02:21 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kemist aka Shane)</div><div class='quotemain'>5Zigen Fireball 125mm, 2.5" mandreal bent cat-back exhaust, $300 for everything..</div>
For a Galant?

evil-G-nius
03-08-2003, 03:30 PM
I recommend Remus! I have a DTM style with 2.5" pipng from the cat back and it sounds great. Not too loud when cruising and very noticeable when flooring it. Basically it is loud as hell but like I said only when you are laying on it. As far as the mufflers are concerned they run anywhere from 150-500 bucks. I got mine for 300 and my piping was custom done for 275. All in all I am pleased as hell with the remus, it is my second one!