PDA

View Full Version : cai!!!

antmoneygtz
12-25-2002, 06:09 PM
ok guyz... i really wanna get a injen cai... i want that nice deep throaty sound... but im petrofied of water intake... what do u guyz think... do i really need to worry and take my chances... or should i just get a injen in hood intake??? and do u know any good sites to get it from... thanx guyz... oh... merry xmas... peace...

peanotation
12-25-2002, 06:58 PM
yeah, im' worried about water too, anyone got an idea?

CliptheApex
12-25-2002, 07:28 PM
i have an aem cold air and the filter sits like 3 inches from the ground, and ive never had any problems, i drive normal on the highway and shit. i am scared of water but it doesnt get in there.

Supernova
12-25-2002, 07:37 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(xsetyourselfonfirex)</div><div class='quotemain'>i have an aem cold air and the filter sits like 3 inches from the ground, and ive never had any problems, i drive normal on the highway and shit. i am scared of water but it doesnt get in there.</div>

Do you have the bypass valve?

NRG
12-25-2002, 07:50 PM
Guys!!!! Don't worry so much.........It takes alot for your CAI to take in water........You have to almost submerge the thing in the water for it to actually suck it up...... I don't think you will be driving in a puddle of water little deeper than your front bumper......Big splashes doesn't harm it..........

Los
12-25-2002, 07:53 PM
when I drove my car in the rain the first time I was worried about water. I accidentally drove though deep puddles and such. But I never had a prblem. The CAI sat right behind where the left fog light would be. MOst people haven't had any problems but Alot of us us them just in case.

pinoyesv6
12-25-2002, 10:07 PM
don't worry about water. unless u live in the flood lands. it takes about 1 cup of water to go thru ur throttle body to cause hydrolock. but for that to happen, you also have to have a good vaccum, by submerging the filter all the way and filling hte intake pipe too with water

Modified GTZ
12-25-2002, 11:25 PM
i have the injen CAI on my 2000 GTZ. i promise that u will not have a problem. it comes with the heat shield/splash gaurd and that keep alooooot of water out. i live in tallahassee FL and go to FSU and it floods there all the time and i have never had a problem. seriously unless u submerge your engine in a lake your fine. and it does sound mighty badd ass

DJ_SI
12-26-2002, 09:42 AM
I have yet to have any problems either. I have had my CAI (without bypass valve) for a little over 2 years now. Here where I live, when it rains, the street get flooded pretty easily...........however, I can go through them without any problems. So just throw the damn thing on there! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

Lazarus
12-26-2002, 01:10 PM
Yeah guys Allan is right when I had the Shogun front the water was channeled through the fog light hole right into the filter and no hydro lock for me..... I am pretty sure when it's raining the water will for the most part evaporate between the filter and TB.