PDA

View Full Version : Wiring help

Kwikfox
12-17-2007, 12:24 AM
on my 1996 Eclipse GSX, I had the upgraded stock infinity sound. Well I have decided to replace the infinity CD changer, and HU. While I started wiring in the new adapter for the HU I noticed that the stock infinity speakers don't say which metal tab is the positive or negative tab. So I was wondering, does it matter which ones I connect to whatever, as long as its all uniform, or is their a way to find out which one is the negative or positive tab? Also, do all speakers follow a uniform placement of positive and negative tabs? Thanks for any help.

badmitsu
12-17-2007, 08:27 AM
shouldn't matter as long as you do it the same way on the other end.

If you get them backwards on one end they have to be backwards on the other end.

Galant306m
12-17-2007, 12:05 PM
If you have them hooked up backwards you will be distorting your speakers. just make sure that with the adaptor that you got for the car that you hook up each color exactly the same. the all have a white stripe on them and that is ussually positive. If you look at the wires going to the speakers i think that they are blue and like red or orange the blue is going to be the nagative. The cooler color is always negative. Like green and yellow, the yellow will be positive. its pretty sure proof that you cant mess it up though.