View Full Version : problems with after market steering wheel HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

dsandy
12-20-2007, 01:31 AM
i installed a after market steering wheel and now the car wont start

ive taken it to the mitsubishi dealership and they cant figure out why it wont start

can some one give there take on this

badmitsu
12-20-2007, 08:03 AM
IDK, it sounds like it couldnt be real hard to fix,like its something simple like

a wire touching not grounding or something, idk!

duh2150
12-20-2007, 08:12 AM
try puting your stock one on, it will save your life, maby one day

Stewi
12-20-2007, 12:37 PM

ive taken it to the mitsubishi dealership and they cant figure out why it wont start

Sounds like you left something unplugged or damaged a wire/switch of some sort. What did the dealer do to try and correct the problem?

dsandy
12-20-2007, 03:05 PM
dealer hooked up their computers and it said error all the time when they reconected the stock wheel it had no problems

Sounds like you left something unplugged or damaged a wire/switch of some sort. What did the dealer do to try and correct the problem?

Mike_Rom
12-20-2007, 03:06 PM
Stick with the stock then :lol:

WarmAndSCSI
12-20-2007, 03:10 PM

Wow, you finally said something smart.

He's absolutely right. You are a complete moron for removing your airbag-equipped steering wheel from a street vehicle. You should only do that on a track or show car that isn't driven on the streets. It's required by LAW to have an airbag and it's simply not safe without having a 5-pt harness and cage to replace the effectiveness of a simple airbag.

I'm surprised your dealer will even work on your car with the government-required safety system GONE.

Mike_Rom
12-20-2007, 03:15 PM

I'm surprised your dealer will even work on your car with the government-required safety system GONE.

This REALLY surprised me too!!!

ScottsNCGalant
12-20-2007, 03:25 PM
I dont understand why your having problems...I had mine on in no time. Like everyone else said Im surprised they would even look at it for you.

Mike_Rom
12-20-2007, 03:43 PM
The dealership near me wouldnt have gotten near it! :lol:

WarmAndSCSI
12-20-2007, 03:45 PM
The dealership would be liable if any of their work on the SRS system caused you injury or death, so I'm doubting they're going to actually fix anything for you.

Mike_Rom
12-20-2007, 03:50 PM
The dealership would be liable if any of their work on the SRS system caused you injury or death, so I'm doubting they're going to actually fix anything for you.

I would actually be a little worried if they DID work on it to be honest. :P

WarmAndSCSI
12-20-2007, 03:51 PM
To the original poster, please let us know what you plan to do on this. I don't think a single member on this forum is going to recommend keeping that aftermarket wheel. In fact, they should be banned if they do for trivializing your life.

That is, unless this is a REAL show or track car, which I seriously doubt.

DNSerrano
12-20-2007, 04:07 PM
Hmmm, from all the post dsandy has put up, he sounds like a bullshitter to me. This guy happens to tell lies even HE doesn't belive. Oh well, hopefully you get that "steering wheel" fixed.

Mike_Rom
12-20-2007, 04:13 PM
Hmmm, from all the post dsandy has put up, he sounds like a bullshitter to me. This guy happens to tell lies even HE doesn't belive. Oh well, hopefully you get that "steering wheel" fixed.
Agreed :roll:

WarmAndSCSI
12-20-2007, 04:19 PM
OMG, I just read in your garage that you have a "Cherry Bomb" catback on your Galant. So you're one of those ricers that thinks it's cool to put JUST a glasspack on your 4 banger and call it a day? Do you have any idea how annoying that sound is? I've had two friends with glasspacked 4 bangers and my ears bled any time they accelerated within earshot.

Serstylz2
12-20-2007, 04:24 PM
he hates everyone.

Divinity
12-20-2007, 04:25 PM
Still bitter about that quad turbo vr-4? :lol: :lol: :P

duh2150
12-20-2007, 05:30 PM
quad turbo now? wtf div i thought it was the twin turbo 4.8l in the G form japan :)

4.8l v6 twin turbo from japan is the orginal div :)