PDA

View Full Version : Trunk Size

nycking23
12-21-2007, 02:24 AM
I want to custom make a trunk floor. I know I will need to get exact measurements myself and do a bit of work to make it fit around all the curves, but what are the longest length and width measurements so i know how big of a piece of wood to start with?

polishmafia
12-21-2007, 07:41 AM
in the time it took you to post this, you could have gone out to your car with a tape measure LOL

nycking23
12-21-2007, 08:35 AM
yea i will do that as well, just trying to see if anyone who had attempted this before had them handy

G-spot
12-21-2007, 09:06 AM
^^ the time it took for you to 2nd post, I'd already have the measurement for you. But what can I say? go outside & DIY :lol:

badmitsu
12-21-2007, 09:31 AM
lmao, just buy a 5' x 5' peice of whatever your going to use!

Divinity
12-21-2007, 09:46 AM
Here is what I did with my other car when I built my sub box and floor. I got some cardboard boxes, broke them down, and got a box cutter and some tape. Laid out the cardboard flat in my trunk, taped some pieces together, and made a template using the cardboard. Use the box cutter, to score and cut. Then take out your template, and find a piece of wood that is bigger than it, then cut away. It's a lot easier and less room for error when you start cutting your wood

duh2150
12-21-2007, 05:32 PM
take the oem mat and trace with a marker on a board, and cut

Serstylz2
12-21-2007, 05:39 PM
https://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=47250&highlight=trunk

nycking23
12-21-2007, 06:49 PM
https://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=47250&highlight=trunk
thanks

i was searching trunk size instead of trunk dimensions

nycking23
12-21-2007, 06:51 PM
Here is what I did with my other car when I built my sub box and floor. I got some cardboard boxes, broke them down, and got a box cutter and some tape. Laid out the cardboard flat in my trunk, taped some pieces together, and made a template using the cardboard. Use the box cutter, to score and cut. Then take out your template, and find a piece of wood that is bigger than it, then cut away. It's a lot easier and less room for error when you start cutting your wood

that actually sounds a lot easier than trying to fit the wood in there and cutting little by little

Divinity
12-21-2007, 07:05 PM

that actually sounds a lot easier than trying to fit the wood in there and cutting little by little

Trust me, it is. Plus you're able to get in all the nooks and crannies. It's another thing trying to get the floor in the trunk once it's made if you keep it one piece, I just cut mine all the way in half horizontally by the spare tire to have easy access to the spare and to easily get the floor in and out if need be.

ericbla03
12-21-2007, 07:08 PM

If you do that, the board will NOT fit in the trunk. Lets not forget that the box has to fit inside the TRUNK OPENING..... which is what you need to measure. This is a solid box, not a flemsy piece of carpet that you can fold to get into the trunk opening.

RedGalant2k1
12-21-2007, 07:16 PM

If you do that, the board will NOT fit in the trunk. Lets not forget that the box has to fit inside the TRUNK OPENING..... which is what you need to measure. This is a solid box, not a flemsy piece of carpet that you can fold to get into the trunk opening.

You could always build the box in the trunk 8)

Chaps
12-21-2007, 07:24 PM
Trust me, it is. Plus you're able to get in all the nooks and crannies. It's another thing trying to get the floor in the trunk once it's made if you keep it one piece, I just cut mine all the way in half horizontally by the spare tire to have easy access to the spare and to easily get the floor in and out if need be.

pics?

Divinity
12-21-2007, 07:45 PM

pics?

I don't have any pics of my old car on this computer I don't think...
edit: nope, can't find any of it on my computer or online

beam514
12-21-2007, 08:38 PM

I just cut mine all the way in half horizontally by the spare tire to have easy access to the spare and to easily get the floor in and out if need be.