PDA

View Full Version : car acts weird

wright06jhs
12-24-2007, 10:35 PM
Well i know that stuff like this has been discussed alot, but ive read tons of threads and none of them really helps.

Here goes, Just starting last night i went to start my car, and it hadnt been started in about 2 days and it wouldnt start. It just cranks and would not fire up. It took about 6 trys to get it to finally start up, and when it did it ran crappy. It sat and idled somewhat ok, but when i tried to give it gas it instantly cut out and died. SO it would idle fine until i give it gas...then it died completly.
So i try to crank it again and it strated after 2 trys. I sit and let it run, and after it warms up when the coolant temperature hand is at normail, it runs and drives fine. I drove it about 10 miles home and parked it over night.
I go back this evening to go to Xmas diner and it does the same thing, so i say screw it and drove the Neon (which has been the most reliable car i have driven...lol sadly).

The servive engine soon light is on, but i know what this is from. Its because i unplugged the ECT sensor to see if my fans worked and it hasnt went off yet. What could be the problem with the cold start up.

Because even after i have driven it for awhile and turn it off and restart it it starts up fine. This only happens on cold start up....

Any solutions?

Oh ans obviously is the V6