PDA

View Full Version : Body Kit Installation on 8th gen

eagleninja11
12-27-2007, 03:02 PM
I have an 8th gen and i got a body kit for it. I finally got around to putting the kit on and now the kit front bumper will not fit over the metal bumper in the front(dont know what its called).

here is a link to the body kit

http://www.tunedauto.com/product.php?productid=64154&cat=636&page=1

Shogun Style v3.0 #651

Also I am having trouble trying to figure out how the quarter panels for the rear bumper fit on. I have no clue on that. There is gaps; not fitting flush etc.

Some of the body kits that I have helped with have gone on smoothly, but this one is being trouble. Any advice will be appreciated

Niytrus
12-27-2007, 03:10 PM
You need to trim that metal bar, which is the crash bar, or it needs to be removed. I would recommend cutting it rather than removing it.

Most after market kits for the 8G will not fit perfectly and are going to take some modification. Best to probably have those gaps filled in if possible, and you will most likely need a body shop to do the work. Might need to be extended, etc...

VegasMatt
12-27-2007, 03:28 PM
Your Galant is USDM and the kit was made for a JDM Galant. There are going to be gaps. We all have them unless you get them filled by a bodyshop as stated above. Get some JDM heads to fill the gap around the headlights for starters. Post pics when you can.

IceDouTGaLanT
12-27-2007, 04:39 PM
Wait till I get home I think I still have a picture of what I cut the fit that kit on my car, I'll post it for u[/list]

badmitsu
12-27-2007, 06:37 PM
I like that kit, Welcome to TGC!

eagleninja11
12-28-2007, 09:43 AM
thanks for your help! i got the front bumper on and everything else seems to be going on well.

Thanks again

GUTTAZMITZ
01-14-2008, 10:54 AM
any progress pics ?

fatal1
01-14-2008, 11:13 AM
I have an 8th gen and i got a body kit for it. I finally got around to putting the kit on and now the kit front bumper will not fit over the metal bumper in the front(dont know what its called).

here is a link to the body kit

http://www.tunedauto.com/product.php?productid=64154&cat=636&page=1

Shogun Style v3.0 #651

Also I am having trouble trying to figure out how the quarter panels for the rear bumper fit on. I have no clue on that. There is gaps; not fitting flush etc.

Some of the body kits that I have helped with have gone on smoothly, but this one is being trouble. Any advice will be appreciated

wow i really hope you didnt pay that much for that kit...yea fitment is a bit of a pain with a lot of the kits and you will have to take it to a shop for finish work

eagleninja11
01-14-2008, 11:18 AM
yeah college started up for me... so i pretty much just dropped the body kit installation right now. But I am selling it lol