PDA

View Full Version : i got a new G

cdipier2
12-27-2007, 07:38 PM
not a galant though :P

i just picked it up last night. a 2008 Pontiac G6. its the cheap model with hubcaps but its got some nice features for the cheap model. its got power windows/locks, a nice cd player with aux for ipod right in the front, its also got side airbags and one free year of OnStar. its going in tomorrow to get the keyless entry installed 8)

i traded the galant in. i leased this car so i have it for 39 months. $299/month is not bad at all :D

here is a pic i took tonite. i will get some better pics this weekend

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t94/cdipier2/g6.jpg

WarmAndSCSI
12-27-2007, 07:41 PM
Oh God, not another one.

Hope you like it and somehow it's better than it looks from the outside...

cdipier2
12-27-2007, 07:43 PM
i love the way it rides. it doesnt kill my back like the galant seats did. i got the 2.4 and it seems pretty quick

XxGiRLaNT06xX
12-27-2007, 07:54 PM
Oh God, not another one.

o god here we go........ :roll: LMAO Hater

Congrats on the new car. Any plans for it?

WarmAndSCSI
12-27-2007, 08:00 PM
Oh God, not another one.

This is the GALANT center. I can hate on other cars all day long, especially when people TRADE IN their lovely Galants for GM's :x

Bezzle
12-27-2007, 08:02 PM
Damn first I see you grabbing up parts left and right, this is out the blue.

Congrats tho.

cdipier2
12-27-2007, 08:05 PM
i traded my not so lovely galant because it was falling apart. some nice new sounds were developing and it hasnt been running right even after i changed the IAC and cleaned the TB. its nice to get into something new and not have to worry about it not starting

im not sure what im gonna do with it yet. http://www.g6performance.com/forum/

XxGiRLaNT06xX
12-27-2007, 08:07 PM
Oh God, not another one.

This is the GALANT center. I can hate on other cars all day long, especially when people TRADE IN their lovely Galants for GM's :x

Yep thats right I gave back my SLOW 9G for a faster GM with more potential... I can see how that can annoy someone... And so what if its the GALANT center.. we are not the only ones on here with cars that are not Galants. You just cant be happy for other people. I've been a Galant owner for 6 years and I think i'm welcome here. I'm not turning this into a debate with you. You have your opinion and I have mine. 8)

KaziKai
12-27-2007, 08:08 PM
i traded my not so lovely galant because it was falling apart. some nice new sounds were developing and it hasnt been running right even after i changed the IAC and cleaned the TB. its nice to get into something new and not have to worry about it not starting

im not sure what im gonna do with it yet. http://www.g6performance.com/forum/

How much was the trade in for the galant? 3k? More?

WarmAndSCSI
12-27-2007, 08:10 PM
Oh God, not another one.

Yep thats right I gave back my SLOW 9G for a faster GM with more potential... I can see how how that can annoy someone... And so what if its the GALANT center.. we are not the only ones on here with cars that are not Galants. You just cant be happy for other people. I've been a Galant owner for 6 years and I think i'm welcome here. I'm not turning this into a debate with you. You have your opinion and I have mine. 8)

You crazy, I said I hope both of you enjoy your new... cars.

Doesn't change the fact that I think the new G6 is fugly and that I'm not afraid to say that to people who just happened to have enough of a lapse of judgement to buy one. Soooo, sooo many cars out there that A) look better and B) are not GM's.

I'll digress.

KaziKai
12-27-2007, 08:11 PM
Oh God, not another one.

Yep thats right I gave back my SLOW 9G for a faster GM with more potential... I can see how how that can annoy someone... And so what if its the GALANT center.. we are not the only ones on here with cars that are not Galants. You just cant be happy for other people. I've been a Galant owner for 6 years and I think i'm welcome here. I'm not turning this into a debate with you. You have your opinion and I have mine. 8)

You do have a point... I been a Galant owner for 1 year now... I loved my car in Hong Kong... (Skyline R34) But anyways.. Nice Car!

cdipier2
12-27-2007, 08:11 PM

Congrats tho.

yep it definitely was out of the blue. my car kept stalling on me last week at work so my grandfather took me to perrines buick/pontiac/gmc because he was sick of me dealing with old cars. theve been long time customers of them

WarmAndSCSI
12-27-2007, 08:16 PM

Congrats tho.

yep it definitely was out of the blue. my car kept stalling on me last week at work so my grandfather took me to perrines buick/pontiac/gmc because he was sick of me dealing with old cars. theve been long time customers of them

Just too bad they didn't have a better relationship with a Toyota, Nissan, or Honda dealer...

9G
12-27-2007, 08:20 PM
300/month for a 2.4? leased too? err.

WarmAndSCSI
12-27-2007, 08:21 PM
Whoa, you leased a bottom of the line GM for a monthly cost that could be getting you a pretty nice used car that you would OWN? Why?

cdipier2
12-27-2007, 08:26 PM
yea well i like my car so it doesnt really matter. my G6 is the right size for me and has plenty of room

if were talking foreign the only one from one of those 3 i would even consider would be the Matrix. ive been in Civics and they are way to small for me. sentras are ugly and altimas and accords are a little on the expensive side

WarmAndSCSI
12-27-2007, 08:28 PM
yea well i like my car so it doesnt really matter.

Too bad it's not actually YOUR car :?

Sorry, I think leasing is dumb, IMHO, especially on cars that you could otherwise afford.

Too late, I guess. Enjoy it. :D

XxGiRLaNT06xX
12-27-2007, 08:34 PM

Sorry, I think leasing is dumb, IMHO, especially on cars that you could otherwise afford.

To be honest ... its easier to lease the car than finance it. If I financed my car i'd be paying mid $400s or more. It sucks that you don't own it tho.

WarmAndSCSI
12-27-2007, 08:35 PM

To be honest ... its easier to lease the car than finance it. If I financed my car i'd be paying mid $400s or more. It sucks.

Yeah, but can you even DO anything to it? It's not your car...

njjfudge
12-27-2007, 08:35 PM
Congrats on the new ride!!
But why would you trade in a car that you own to lease a base model car not buy. Also I hope you don't plan on modding a car you are leasing :? just to strip it back down when you turn it back on. I also hope you don't live in an area where you have to drive much.
Congrats!!!!!

XxGiRLaNT06xX
12-27-2007, 08:37 PM
If you go by the rule books, no you cannot do anything to it. I dont plan to do anything crazy and whatever is put in..can easily be taken out.

Divinity
12-27-2007, 08:38 PM
only thing that sucks about leases.... your insurance goes up a little bit, plus you're shit out of luck if you ever plan on buying the car after the lease is up

WarmAndSCSI
12-27-2007, 08:39 PM
If you go by the rule books, no you cannot do anything to it. I dont plan to do anything crazy and whatever is put in..can easily be taken out.

Seems kind of pointless when you have to give it back any way... Plus, if anything goes wrong, then you're probably going to want to take off all the aftermarket stuff. If you finance through your dealership, chances are the service dept. is going to say something about the mods.

Way, way too much hassle, IMHO.

cdipier2
12-27-2007, 08:41 PM
yea well my issue is that im not rich like other people and this works for me. its very affordable and the car has some nice options for the cheap model. im happy with it

WarmAndSCSI
12-27-2007, 08:43 PM
Just saying you could have a very nice used car for $299 a month and it would be all YOURS. $299/month is a horrible deal if you had a decent trade in (your Galant). You're not leasing a GTO or Corvette here...

cdipier2
12-27-2007, 08:44 PM
Congrats on the new ride!!
But why would you trade in a car that you own to lease a base model car not buy. Also I hope you don't plan on modding a car you are leasing :? just to strip it back down when you turn it back on. I also hope you don't live in an area where you have to drive much.
Congrats!!!!!

thanks man and im probably not going to do much if anything to it

Divinity
12-27-2007, 08:46 PM
Leasing is only good if you don't plan on keeping the car, plain and simple. If you're just looking for a price break right now and plan on buying the car later after the lease is up... BAD.

cdipier2
12-27-2007, 08:48 PM
Just saying you could have a very nice used car for $299 a month and it would be all YOURS. $299/month is a horrible deal if you had a decent trade in (your Galant). You're not leasing a GTO or Corvette here...

that $299 is based off of $1300 down, which they gave me for my galant and is what they ask for when leasing. that is also with the keyless entry their adding for me tomorrow

oh and the G6 is not the lowest Pontiac car, the G5 is 8)

WarmAndSCSI
12-27-2007, 08:48 PM
You're throwing away $11,661 ($299x39 months) that could have gotten you a VERY nice uesd car. Think of it that way. Just sayin... Not to mention what you got for your trade-in.

cdipier2
12-27-2007, 08:50 PM
Leasing is only good if you don't plan on keeping the car, plain and simple. If you're just looking for a price break right now and plan on buying the car later after the lease is up... BAD.

which is my plan. i dont plan on getting another pontiac after this. who knows what will be next after 39 months

Divinity
12-27-2007, 08:51 PM

which is my plan. i dont plan on getting another pontiac after this. who knows what will be next after 39 months

Well good luck with your new car, good thing you got a shorter lease

njjfudge
12-27-2007, 08:55 PM
that $299 is based off of $1300 down, which they gave me for my galant and is what they ask for when leasing. that is also with the keyless entry their adding for me tomorrow

:shock: They gave you 1300 for your G on trade-in :shock: Who negotiated for you????? You could have gotten more that that for an older car that didn't run :lol: The end of the model year is the best time to buy a new car. You would have gotten a hell of a better deal if you had gotten a new 07, but you live and learn.

cdipier2
12-27-2007, 08:57 PM

:shock: They gave you 1300 for your G on trade-in :shock: Who negotiated for you????? You could have gotten more that that for an older car that didn't run :lol: The end of the model year is the best time to buy a new car. You would have gotten a hell of a better deal if you had gotten a new 07, but you live and learn.

yea well my car dont look nearly as nice as yours. and it ran like crap. and i only bought it for $400 last year and put a little work into it. whos laughing now :lol:

cdipier2
12-27-2007, 08:58 PM

Well good luck with your new car, good thing you got a shorter lease

thank you :)

WarmAndSCSI
12-27-2007, 08:58 PM

yea well my car dont look nearly as nice as yours. and it ran like crap. and i only bought it for $400 last year and put a little work into it. whos laughing now :lol:

Damn, too bad you put the profit off that fixerup into a lease...

XxGiRLaNT06xX
12-27-2007, 09:00 PM
I will say tho that the $299/month for the base model is kind of a not so great deal since i have the GXP Street Edition and i pay close to that but at least i will have another G6 owner at any of the NY/NJ meets :D

cdipier2
12-27-2007, 09:00 PM
yea well the next car after the lease is up im gonna buy/finance. you really thought i wanted to finance a GM :lol:

WarmAndSCSI
12-27-2007, 09:03 PM
Eh, I guess make do with what you have. :D

cdipier2
12-27-2007, 09:03 PM
I will say tho that the $299/month for the base model is kind of a not so great deal since i have the GXP Street Edition and i pay close to that but at least i will have another G6 owner at any of the NY/NJ meets :D

did u join that website i posted earlier? http://www.g6performance.com/forum/

yea $299 is a bit high but hey i like it. i wanted the V6 one but this suits me just fine

cdipier2
12-27-2007, 09:06 PM

exactly my point of getting it 8)

i like the interior best of all. gm did a good job on it

WarmAndSCSI
12-27-2007, 09:08 PM

exactly my point of getting it 8)

i like the interior best of all. gm did a good job on it

Really? Sure you're not just delusional? I think even the interior on the Corvette looks like garbage. Not that the 8G has a really good interior, but GM is especially known for its terrible interiors.

edit: never mind, it looks decent, but how's the BUILD quality of the interior?

cdipier2
12-27-2007, 09:13 PM
it doesnt feel cheap suprisingly. it also doesnt feel like a high end interior but thats too be expected. i like the layout of everything. easy to get too and looks nice too. at first i didnt like the red but its growing on me

mapid145
12-27-2007, 09:54 PM
lol... i think scsi is all ready to argue and all hyper after the king8g thing lol.. ahh well

bro.. i really think u shoulda just bought a car.. but good car.. just thinking u shoulda bought it..

WarmAndSCSI
12-27-2007, 09:58 PM
lol... i think scsi is all ready to argue and all hyper after the king8g thing lol.. ahh well

bro.. i really think u shoulda just bought a car.. but good car.. just thinking u shoulda bought it..

Nothing irrational or hyper about my thinking that leasing isn't the best thing to do...

XxGiRLaNT06xX
12-28-2007, 09:13 AM

did u join that website i posted earlier? http://www.g6performance.com/forum/

I did but for some reason i still have not gotten that activation email they send. I joined like 2 weeks ago.

mapid145
12-28-2007, 10:13 AM
ally.. its cus they dont think ur hot enough for them.. but seriously.. they dont know wat they are missing lol

XxGiRLaNT06xX
12-28-2007, 11:50 AM
ally.. its cus they dont think ur hot enough for them.. but seriously.. they dont know wat they are missing lol

LMAO its ok.. i still find myself coming here to read whats new anyway ... force of habit i guess. :lol:

UAL Tripple 7
12-28-2007, 06:18 PM

Nothing irrational or hyper about my thinking that leasing isn't the best thing to do...
Might want to read a little more about leasing as it is sometimes better to lease. Talk to a financial advisor about leasing. I don't lease because it does not fit into my financial plan, but for some it does. It's the same reason why airlines lease some planes and buy others.

WarmAndSCSI
12-28-2007, 06:20 PM

Might want to read a little more about leasing as it is sometimes better to lease. Talk to a financial advisor about leasing. I don't lease because it does not fit into my financial plan, but for some it does. It's the same reason why airlines lease some planes and buy others.

Airlines make all the money paid into the lease back by using the plane to fly customers around... not the same at all for a car unless it's used for business.

UAL Tripple 7
12-28-2007, 08:07 PM

Airlines make all the money paid into the lease back by using the plane to fly customers around... not the same at all for a car unless it's used for business. Only some of the time. It is not different at all. Like I said before. sometimes leasing is not always a bad thing. Read more rather than just saying leasing a car is a bad idea. What might be bad for your financial situation may not be bad for others.

WarmAndSCSI
12-28-2007, 08:11 PM

Airlines make all the money paid into the lease back by using the plane to fly customers around... not the same at all for a car unless it's used for business. Only some of the time. It is not different at all. Like I said before. sometimes leasing is not always a bad thing. Read more rather than just saying leasing a car is a bad idea. What might be bad for your financial situation may not be bad for others.

Completely different. People don't MAKE any money by carting themselves, their goods, and their friends/family around in the leased personal vehicle. Airlines do :lol:

You really don't need to read anything to get this very simple concept... unless you're using your leased vehicle to make money, the lease payments come out of your own pocket.

UAL Tripple 7
12-28-2007, 08:29 PM
IM NOT SAYING SHE IS MAKING MONEY WITH HER CAR!!! I'm gave the airline as an example of how leasing can make sense. According to you leasing a car is a bad thing. I just don't like when people say things when it's clear that they have not read up on the subject. Many people think leasing a car is always a bad thing, but it's idiotic for people to think that when they don't know the fanancial plan of the person doing the leasing.

http://www.kiplinger.com/features/archives/2006/11/leasing.html

WarmAndSCSI
12-28-2007, 08:32 PM
IM NOT SAYING SHE IS MAKING MONEY WITH HER CAR!!! I'm gave the airline as an example of how leasing can make sense. According to you leasing a car is a bad thing. I just don't like when people say things when it's clear that they have not read up on the subject. Many people think leasing a car is always a bad thing, but it's idiotic for people to think that when they don't know the fanancial plan of the person doing the leasing.

http://www.kiplinger.com/features/archives/2006/11/leasing.html

Okay, if you are dead set on having that exact level of car (as if it's some kind of necessity for your status), then YES leasing would be the best option. Otherwise, NO, leasing is NEVER the best option. EVER. Financing a used car is so much wiser. I don't have to read a book to figure that out :roll:

K, I read that article and I think the advantages of leasing are completely contingent on the class of car you want:
It's a good bet that you can drive more car for less money if you lease. You'll never actually own the car, but who really owns a car when the bank holds the title until the loan is paid off?

So the article itself is saying that leasing is only worth it if you're wanting to get more car for your dollar. But the SMARTEST financial decision would be to take the hit by driving a mediocre, used car and having something to show after you pay it off.

UAL Tripple 7
12-28-2007, 08:47 PM
Yeah finance a used car that may or may not have problems out the door. That may or may not have a warranty. I would never finance a used car to begin with. If your looking at used, then get something you can pay off on the spot. Financing a used car is a bit silly depending on how old it is. Lease a car that you might only put a few thousand miles on a year. Don't have to worry about paying out of pocket for work done on the car if it breaks down since you have a warranty. Don't have to worry about trying to trade a high mileage car wen the lease is over. You finance new cars not used cars. If you cant afford to pay off the used car on the spot them look at a cheaper used car.

WarmAndSCSI
12-28-2007, 08:49 PM
Yeah finance a used car that may or may not have problems out the door. That may or may not have a warranty. I would never finance a used car to begin with. If your looking at used, then get something you can pay off on the spot. Financing a used car is a bit silly depending on how old it is. Lease a car that you might only put a few thousand miles on a year. Don't have to worry about paying out of pocket for work done on the car if it breaks down since you have a warranty. Don't have to worry about trying to trade a high mileage car wen the lease is over. You finance new cars not used cars. If you cant afford to pay off the used car on the spot them look at a cheaper used car.

Yeah, but we're talking at least $299/month for 39 months here. IIRC, you can have quite a nice warrantied, certified used car for that price.

UAL Tripple 7
12-28-2007, 08:49 PM
If she likes the car then thats all that matters. Not two dicks on a Galant forum who know jack shit about her financial situation. I will agree to disagree. :D Not to mention some people just like to have the peice of mind that a new car can give over a used car.

WarmAndSCSI
12-28-2007, 08:52 PM
She? Are you referring to the cdipier2 or XxGiRLaNT06xX?

chromey
12-28-2007, 09:31 PM
$299 a month with $1300 down?

you couldve gotten an 08 TSX, which are fully loaded for that amount

WarmAndSCSI
12-28-2007, 09:32 PM

That's what I'm sayin' :D

Although payments are a product of your credit profile...

chromey
12-28-2007, 10:01 PM

yeah those are my payments on my girls tsx, for a pontiac i would not pay $299 no way.

i mean, for $299 a month i got 08 TSX with 12 miles, shrinked wrapped, 17" wheels, heated dual seats, bluetooth, leather, sunroof, tps, heated signal mirrors, dual zone climate, memory seats, side and curtain airbags for EVEN FOR THE REAR PASSENGERS

no way would I pay that for a base model pontiac. maybe $99-$150tops

cdipier2
12-28-2007, 11:07 PM

yeah those are my payments on my girls tsx, for a pontiac i would not pay $299 no way.

i mean, for $299 a month i got 08 TSX with 12 miles, shrinked wrapped, 17" wheels, heated dual seats, bluetooth, leather, sunroof, tps, heated signal mirrors, dual zone climate, memory seats, side and curtain airbags for EVEN FOR THE REAR PASSENGERS

well how much did you put down? im sure it was much more then i did. btw mine has side curtain airbags as well. how much is the car total? also length of lease and other added options has something to do with the payment as well

SkylineG1
12-28-2007, 11:52 PM
Congrats man.

dknight3
12-29-2007, 12:27 AM

dude.. hes always like this..

but really.. leasing is dumb, especially that much, cant you get a new vw for like 199 a month? and id rather be seen in a vw than that thing, although the sedans do look way better than the coupes..

lol, tps reports..

chromey
12-29-2007, 03:26 PM

well how much did you put down? im sure it was much more then i did. btw mine has side curtain airbags as well. how much is the car total? also length of lease and other added options has something to do with the payment as well

i put down $1,500. u have curtain airbags in the back seat? total is almost $27g. 36months, the only option for the tsx is navi, which i didnt get, other than that its fully loaded.

cdipier2
12-30-2007, 12:05 AM

i put down $1,500. u have curtain airbags in the back seat? total is almost $27g. 36months, the only option for the tsx is navi, which i didnt get, other than that its fully loaded.

thats not bad at all. the airbag is up in the headliner i guess it just rolls down and covers the front and back

6G72gearhead
12-30-2007, 01:44 AM

To be honest ... its easier to lease the car than finance it. If I financed my car i'd be paying mid $400s or more. It sucks that you don't own it tho.

I refuse to finance or lease cars. I dont like oweing people money. I paid mine in full.