PDA

View Full Version : Opinions/advice..

SMD
12-29-2007, 06:47 PM
i'm contemplating buying a set of 18" Project 521 wheels for $450(even) at a local shop.

i'm told that HP is the father company that makes the wheels and that Project IX is one the their subs. I know HP, but I'm not familiar with their Project IX line as far as quality. The wheels look good quality in person, but not sure a far as actual usage. Anyone here familiar with the brand? wheels?

here's a pic below

http://server2.uploadit.org/files/Neterustargate-SSIX.JPG

http://server3.uploadit.org/files/Neterustargate-fgfghh.jpg

any feedback appreciated..
thanks.[/img]

underated
12-29-2007, 06:52 PM
ive never heard of either of those companies but those wheels look familiar... what color scheme you plan on getting?

WarmAndSCSI
12-29-2007, 06:52 PM
4 wheels for $450 :?

No offense, but have fun with that. Either A) they'll warp the first time you hit a pothole or B) the finish will start chipping off as soon as they heat cycle.

Sorry, but you have to pay to play. A good set of wheels will cost you at a minimum $175/piece and will be made by a company that has an actual well-known name.

fatal1
12-29-2007, 06:55 PM
they seem to look alright but i have never heard of them so i would be weary

SMD
12-29-2007, 07:13 PM
ive never heard of either of those companies but those wheels look familiar... what color scheme you plan on getting?

black center polished lip.

SMD
12-29-2007, 07:20 PM

No offense, but have fun with that. Either A) they'll warp the first time you hit a pothole or B) the finish will start chipping off as soon as they heat cycle.

Sorry, but you have to pay to play. A good set of wheels will cost you at a minimum $175/piece and will be made by a company that has an actual well-known name.

well, the reason they're so cheap is that they're part of a year-end clearance sale + 3 of the center caps are missing(no biggie) so i'd have to replace them myself.

i'm told normal retail for this set is $1,250 ($312.50 each)

WarmAndSCSI
12-29-2007, 07:36 PM

well, the reason they're so cheap is that they're part of a year-end clearance sale + 3 of the center caps are missing(no biggie) so i'd have to replace them myself.

Really :? Okay, then go for it.

Divinity
12-29-2007, 07:41 PM
You're getting these from a shop in Orlando?

SMD
12-29-2007, 07:43 PM
You're getting these from a shop in Orlando?

yeah, why

Divinity
12-29-2007, 07:44 PM
What shop

SMD
company website

http://ssixproject.com/?p=philosophy

SMD
What shop

RZmotoring

(but there's none left if you're trying to cop a setl)

Divinity
12-29-2007, 07:47 PM
What shop

RZmotoring

Haha, good shop. I went here, and one dumb ass dude was telling me you couldn't put 19s on a Galant, yet alone 20s, lol. But that's a good shop.

SMD
12-29-2007, 07:52 PM
What shop

RZmotoring

Haha, good shop. I went here, and one dumb ass dude was telling me you couldn't put 19s on a Galant, yet alone 20s, lol. But that's a good shop.

Yeah, i been dealing with them since they were called Racing Zone back in the day. remember that? i probably know the dude ur talking about too and he prpbably told me the same thing. lol

i got 19's on my G8 in 2001, went back to the shop to get springs and he was like "Oh, wow, those are pretty nice wheels...are they 18's?." :?

Divinity
12-29-2007, 07:56 PM
What shop

RZmotoring

Yeah, i been dealing with them since they were called Racing Zone back in the day. remember that? i probably know the dude ur talking about too and he prpbably told me the same thing. lol

i got 19's on my G8 in 2001, went back to the shop to get springs and he was like "Oh, wow, those are pretty nice wheels...are they 18's?." :?
lol, probably the same dude, it's been a while since I've been in there though

SMD
12-29-2007, 08:14 PM

yeah they've since stepped it up too. u go inside and you mostly see Hamman, Brabus, Lorenzo, AMG mechandise on display all over the place. They deal with a lot of high-end euros and some exotics now. last time i went there i saw a wide-body DB9....i was like WTF. :shock:

but you still see the typical jap whips there too though..

SMD
12-29-2007, 08:24 PM

Really :? Okay, then go for it.

yeah, i mean, it's a 2-peice wheel too.

not a local yokel alloy mold.

Divinity
12-29-2007, 08:24 PM

yeah they've since stepped it up too. u go inside and you mostly see Hamman, Brabus, Lorenzo, AMG mechandise on display all over the place. They deal with a lot of high-end euros and some exotics now. last time i went there i saw a wide-body DB9....i was like WTF. :shock:

but you still see the typical jap whips there too though..

nice, I usually see hondas parked out front when I pass by it lol. High end is where the money is at, glad they figured it out :lol:

RedGalant2k1
12-29-2007, 08:25 PM
Just because its inexpensive doesn't mean its 'cheap'.

I could find you decent quality 18s all day long around $400-650 per set.

qnz
12-29-2007, 08:41 PM
ive heard of that brand before. theyre a new company. IIRC, they only have 1 style so far and they cater to the evo and wrx community. I would check the offset of the wheels since evos and wrxs run low 30s offset which would stick out a little on our cars.

if the offset is good, i would go for it. Thats a great wheel design. simple, and sleek.

bellefontaine187
12-30-2007, 08:31 AM
hp wheels are pretty new. they got alot of positive feedback this year at sema. i like the designs of their wheels. i was thinking of picking up a set to use in the winter, but i think imma just clean up my gtz wheels and powder coat them black. anyways i like the wheels you have pictured above. they are hot. i read a write up about those exact wheels in superstreet... i think they are dope. as far as them warping early-on, i doubt it. now adays the aftermarket wheel industry is soo competative that most wheels are of good quality. more and more companies are coming out with affordable wheel packages without having to take away from the quality of the finish, design, strength and integrity of the wheel. i say go for it man. ftw! let us know how they hold up. peace.

djflex167
12-30-2007, 08:35 AM
how about some BBS??

RedGalant2k1
12-30-2007, 10:44 AM
how about some BBS??

Great quality, big price tag.

SMD
12-30-2007, 04:01 PM
thanx 4 the feed yall.

stolenstapler86
12-31-2007, 03:11 AM
I actually like them. I'm a fan of the clean 5 spoke look; they're not too gaudy but still aggressive.

SMD
01-02-2008, 11:37 AM
ok..

So I just found ot that ssIX Project is a new project launched by Racing Hart and RAYS. so i'm pretty sure they are good quality now that i found out RH and Rays are behind these.

thanks for the feed anyway fellas