PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got any ideas for door panel mods/replacement?

DarkBlue
12-27-2002, 01:23 PM
The fabric part of my front door panels needs to be replaced or covered. I'd prefer not to say why. Does anyone have any good ideas. Has anyone changed theirs? Any Help is appreciated.

Lazarus
12-27-2002, 06:18 PM
You could always just Fiberglass over the top of the cloth and color match the panel to the Car, Gel Coat it you have alot of Options. not sure how to take it off though.

pinoyesv6
12-27-2002, 08:18 PM
take the car to an upolsterer or if you got balls, take the door panels apart and do it yourself

DarkBlue
12-27-2002, 10:12 PM
Excellent Ideas! Thanks fellas!

luxcrusr2000
12-28-2002, 11:21 AM
Also you might be able to go to a junkyard and get a set of panels.

DarkBlue
12-28-2002, 05:06 PM
luxcrusr2000, I will give it a try if I dont get the balls to try to fix these...

Lazarus
12-28-2002, 05:15 PM
LOL Get some Balls man....lol

DarkBlue
12-28-2002, 08:47 PM
LOL Get some Balls man....lol

Im'a Tryin'!

lol

jomin1016
12-29-2002, 12:48 AM
https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif <span style='color:darkred'>Well, hey, I know it might be kinda personal, but y do u need to replace them....</span>

escoson
12-29-2002, 12:56 AM
im thinkin of doing dimond plate https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif if all goes well ill post pics up and if anyone would like dimond plate panels ill see if i can get em made cheap

BlankMan
12-29-2002, 08:26 AM
Oooh. I like that idea. Let us know how it goes. Any time frame for the project?

DarkBlue
12-29-2002, 11:08 AM
[quote=jomin1016]https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif <span style='color:darkred'>Well, hey, I know it might be kinda personal, but y do u need to replace them....</span>

Ok, Fine....I'll tell you. I used to smoke and a couple of my friends did too. Somehow, I got burns in the door panels in the front right near the window switches and door handle. I know, I know......Dumbass, but I have quit smoking and want to fix this now. I know I'm gonna get some flack about smoking in the car...lol. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

HeadAche
12-29-2002, 12:34 PM
Ahhh, we all make mistakes, at least your gonna fix it.. I would say go and fiberglass the panels.. Thats what i want to do since i saw this green eclipse with fiberglass panels.. It looked tight and it holds up pretty well..

jomin1016
12-29-2002, 11:03 PM
Ha - well, just know you're not the only one with those little marks by your window switches.... :cry:

DarkBlue
12-30-2002, 07:14 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jomin1016)</div><div class='quotemain'>Ha - well, just know you're not the only one with those little marks by your window switches.... :cry:</div>

Thanks, man....I was looking at pics of everyones ride and was like: I must be the only asshole here with burns in my door panels!

That makes me feel a little better.

I'm considering doing the fiberglass fix, but I don't know how many layers I should use.

Lazarus
12-30-2002, 08:24 AM
I figured that much when you said you didn't wanna talk about what you did. Didn't you see the no smoking sign as you came in the door?...just kitting. If you do choose to fiberglass it I would recomment you take care of any speaker issues you have with the doors first. After you fiberglass it the panel is going to be kinda heavy and you won't wanna keep taking it off to do stuff to the car.

DarkBlue
12-30-2002, 01:29 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lazarus)</div><div class='quotemain'>I figured that much when you said you didn't wanna talk about what you did. Didn't you see the no smoking sign as you came in the door?...just kitting. If you do choose to fiberglass it I would recomment you take care of any speaker issues you have with the doors first. After you fiberglass it the panel is going to be kinda heavy and you won't wanna keep taking it off to do stuff to the car.</div>

Excellent Idea about the speakers....Thanks