PDA

View Full Version : Problem list

2004-gts
01-10-2008, 07:49 PM
i was looking at car stuff on the internet and came aross this and was wondering if any of you came across any of these problems yourselves ?

"Trouble Spots
Consumer Guide's® Auto Editors have scoured repair bulletins and questioned mechanics to search for commonly occurring problems for a particular vehicle. In some cases we also give possible manufacturer-suggested solutions. In many instances these trouble spots are Technical Service Bulletins posted by the manufacturer, however, we have our own expert looking at additional vehicle problems.

Audio system: The radio and/or blower may quit working intermittently in hot, humid weather because the ignition key may not fully return to the run position. (1999-04)

Check-engine light: The check engine light may come on if there is a lean fuel condition caused by a vacuum leak, manifold gasket leak of from gasoline containing ethanol. (2004-06)

Doors: The rear door locks corrode and stick if not used regularly. (2004-05)

Engine noise: Pinging on the 2.4L engine at low speed is corrected by reprogramming the PCM. (2004)

Sunroof/moonroof: The sound absorbing pads in the sunroof opening can loosen, making a scraping noise and/or interfering with the sunroof. (2004)

Transmission slippage: A flare when the transmission shifts from 2-3 may be due to damage in the rear housing, requiring replacement of the housing as well as the reverse clutch assembly, seals and bearings. (1999-05)

Water leak: Water on the passenger floor is caused by foam or debris blocking the drain opening in the A/C unit. (2004)

Consumer Guide® Estimated Repair Costs
This table lists costs of likely repairs for comparison with other vehicles. The dollar amount includes the cost of the part(s) and labor (based on $50 per hour) for the typical repair without extras or add-ons. Like the pricing information, replacement costs can vary widely depending on region. Expect charges at a new-car dealership to be slightly higher.

Item Name Repair Cost

A/C Compressor $1,320

Alternator $780

Automatic Transmission or Transaxle $3,460

Brakes $1,320

Clutch, Pressure Plate, Bearing

Constant Velocity Joints $1,450

Exhaust System $890

Radiator $920

Shocks and/or Struts $2,300

Timing Chain or Belt $810 "

pinoyesv6
01-10-2008, 09:34 PM
those prices for repairs are rediculous.

if you take care of your car and do the required maintenance you shouldn't have a problem with expensive stuff like your transmission.

wear and tear items like brakes don't cost that much to fix, even if you did have it done at the dealer.

WarmAndSCSI
01-10-2008, 09:41 PM
Those prices are completely wrong. CV joints nearly $1500 LMAO

Radiator, almost $1000 OMFG who comes up with this shit.

I can change out a radiator in 30 minutes and the radiator itself costs only around $200. What a crock of shit.

Shocks and Struts $2300 :lol: :lol: :lol:

BAH!

ricky_db
01-11-2008, 07:53 AM
Shocks and Struts $2300
i payed $2200 for the airbags :lol:

DOHCstunr
01-11-2008, 08:00 AM
are these ferrari prices?

6G72gearhead
01-12-2008, 03:11 AM
My CV joints where a total of 100 bucks, and come with a lifetime warrenty from O'Reilly's for me to abuse.