PDA

View Full Version : I know this is probably a stupid question...

fliegendaffe
01-10-2008, 07:49 PM
but how do you know if your car is jdm or whatever

IceDouTGaLanT
01-10-2008, 07:51 PM
hmm got a pic???

WarmAndSCSI
01-10-2008, 07:51 PM
All USDM 8G Galants were made in the US in Normal, IL at the "DSM" plant.

If your car were made in Japan, the VIN would start with "J."

Even if it were made it Japan, it doesn't mean it's necessarily JDM, which means Japanese Domestic Market, meaning cars made in Japan for use in Japan. I'm glad you ask that because most people don't know this and just call everything "JDM."

6G72Galant
01-10-2008, 08:26 PM
Even if it were made it Japan, it doesn't mean it's necessarily JDM, which means Japanese Domestic Market, meaning cars made in Japan for use in Japan. I'm glad you ask that because most people don't know this and just call everything "JDM."

So then what would that car be? :smt017

QnzMostWanted
01-10-2008, 08:28 PM
well for example, my 7g was built in japan, but it was a USDM model, vin began with a J, and another 7g the same year built in the US, vin started with a 4,

so a car made in japan wasnt a JDM car

pinoyesv6
01-10-2008, 09:28 PM
on a jdm car, you shift with your left hand. on a usdm car, you shift with your right hand.

WarmAndSCSI
01-10-2008, 09:33 PM
on a jdm car, you shift with your left hand. on a usdm car, you shift with your right hand.

I shift with both hands 8)

This is pretty much it... if it's Left Hand Drive (LHD), it's NOT JDM. All JDM cars are sold RHD. All USDM cars are LHD. I know there are some exceptions to this, but we're just talking about sedans here :lol:

fliegendaffe
01-10-2008, 09:49 PM
Ok thanks. That means my car was built in my town....WOOT

WarmAndSCSI
01-10-2008, 10:11 PM
Yep, right there in Normal 8)

QnzMostWanted
01-10-2008, 10:14 PM
. I know there are some exceptions to this, but we're just talking about sedans here :lol:

were u talking about the mailman's truck

WarmAndSCSI
01-10-2008, 10:14 PM
. I know there are some exceptions to this, but we're just talking about sedans here :lol:

were u talking about the mailman's truck
That, among other things (exotics).

Jeffylou87
01-10-2008, 11:00 PM
This has to be the funniest noob question I have ever heard..

I'll be easy about it

Jdm is anything that is imported from Japan that is on your car... Example... My front bumper, on my USDM galant (United States Domestic Market), is the factory bumper on the VR4 over there... So over here on my car it's jdm... To them is factory specifications..

Now Paypal me $50..

WarmAndSCSI
01-10-2008, 11:10 PM
^^ we've already got this taken care of, chief :lol:

He was talking about the car itself, not components. 8)

fliegendaffe
01-10-2008, 11:48 PM

I'll be easy about it

Jdm is anything that is imported from Japan that is on your car... Example... My front bumper, on my USDM galant (United States Domestic Market), is the factory bumper on the VR4 over there... So over here on my car it's jdm... To them is factory specifications..

Now Paypal me $50..

if it's already been answered earlier in the topic, no need to be kinda a douche about it.

spdracr
01-10-2008, 11:56 PM

I'll be easy about it

Now Paypal me $50..

if it's already been answered earlier in the topic, no need to be kinda a douche about it.

he said its the FUNNIEST not the dumbest question so he is not being a douche about it, u need to be able to tell the difference bro

Jeffylou87
01-10-2008, 11:57 PM
My bad

fliegendaffe
01-10-2008, 11:59 PM

I'll be easy about it

Now Paypal me $50..

funniest....dumbest...same thing to me when the question has already been answered earlier

he said its the FUNNIEST not the dumbest question so he is not being a douche about it, u need to be able to tell the difference bro

spdracr
01-11-2008, 12:01 AM

I'll be easy about it

Now Paypal me $50..

funniest....dumbest...same thing to me when the question has already been answered earlier

u should be glad we took it easy on u since u didnt bother read around first and posted such a question but as nice as the members here are they didnt flame on u or make fun of u or anything like that and u r coming back with a nasty attitude

WarmAndSCSI
01-11-2008, 12:04 AM

I'll be easy about it

Now Paypal me $50..

u should be glad we took it easy on u since u didnt bother read around first and posted such a question but as nice as the members here are they didnt flame on u or make fun of u or anything like that and u r coming back with a nasty attitude

Hey, I think he actually asked a good question. I don't think this has been discussed before in this particular context. I didn't know about the "J" VIN thing until just a few days ago.

fliegendaffe
01-11-2008, 12:07 AM
and you know that i didn't search around and everything first how spdracr?

WarmAndSCSI
01-11-2008, 12:09 AM
and you know that i didn't search around and everything first how warmandscsi?
What are you talking about... I'm defending your question.

Divinity
01-11-2008, 12:09 AM
and you know that i didn't search around and everything first how warmandscsi?
Edited for Warm's pleasure :-\

bmore303
01-11-2008, 12:12 AM
O wow...are you...

http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/9427/tmacumadwf6.gif mad?

fliegendaffe
01-11-2008, 12:15 AM
O wow...are you...

http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/9427/tmacumadwf6.gif mad?

not even close....thread over

Divinity
01-11-2008, 12:17 AM
Nope.... not over yet.

WarmAndSCSI
01-11-2008, 12:21 AM
Nope.... not over yet.
Divinity. This is a technical forum. You guys need to stop this shit.

Jeffylou87
01-11-2008, 12:22 AM
Didn't mean to cause drama.. :mrgreen:

fliegendaffe
01-11-2008, 12:24 AM
Nope.... not over yet.

question has been answered....thread is over. if you want to BS some more, take it out of this thread since it is not what is was meant for.

laxinwarrior
01-11-2008, 12:27 AM
Nope.... not over yet.

question has been answered....thread is over. if you want to BS some more, take it out of this thread since it is not what is was meant for.

I nominate him for Noob of the year!!!!!!!

bmore303
01-11-2008, 12:36 AM
Lol my pic was for amusement. You seemed to assume others were insulting you, that is all.

03-Galant-ES
01-11-2008, 12:40 AM
Nope.... not over yet.

Attitude dude, attitude. This is a fun community don't be a dick and lighten up a bit.

underated
01-11-2008, 12:42 AM
Next.... lol

Divinity
01-11-2008, 12:43 AM
Nope.... not over yet.

Attitude dude, attitude. This is a fun community don't be a dick and lighten up a bit.

Well to be fair and stay on topic....was this "probably" a stupid question... yes. But to make everyone happy, I'll be nice, since this is the internet and all.

fliegendaffe
i'm not having an attitude, but you guys are slowly pushing my buttons towards that way with this noob shit, are you mad shit, etc. the question was answered so just drop the crap already! :!:

WarmAndSCSI
Nope.... not over yet.

You're much too enthusiastic for only having been here for... 2 days. :lol:

Okay, I really think this thread needs to end. I'm glad the OP is satisfied with the answer and I still think it WAS NOT a stupid question.

duh2150
01-11-2008, 12:44 AM
I'm Dyslexic... :)

fliegendaffe
01-11-2008, 12:44 AM
yes it may have been a stupid question to you guys, but to someone who didn't know, it wasn't stupid. but in the job i am in, i always tell my customers that no question is a stupid question

duh2150
01-11-2008, 12:46 AM
sounds like one of my teachers, and that saying mcdonalds, the customer is always right, well if the customer wants to buy a table we gonan.. sell it to them?

lol @ gonan.. lol!

Divinity
01-11-2008, 12:46 AM
yes it may have been a stupid question to you guys, but to someone who didn't know, it wasn't stupid. but in the job i am in, i always tell my customers that no question is a stupid question

on the real... start telling them otherwise, that shit ain't true.

fliegendaffe
01-11-2008, 12:48 AM
if i tell them otherwise, then it makes them look stupid thus causing a good chance of me losing the sale an commission

duh2150
01-11-2008, 12:48 AM
he must be a teacher.. :) wit ha attatuide! :), please help me with my dylexia :)

WarmAndSCSI
01-11-2008, 12:49 AM
fliegendaffe, I apologize for some of these comments... People usually like to attribute asinine remarks to me, but I keep that out of the technical forums. A lot of questions are "stupid" because they could have been answered by searching. I'm disappointed that some of these members tried to make you look dumb even though others took the time to seriously answer your question.

Don't let this kind of attitude discourage you from posting here. The performance & tech forums aren't a place for people to call you stupid. The most that should ever be said is "try searching" when somebody knows for certain the OP could have found the answer that way.

duh2150
01-11-2008, 12:50 AM
I'm stupid!

fliegendaffe
01-11-2008, 12:52 AM
he must be a teacher.. :) wit ha attatuide! :), please help me with my dylexia :)

not a teacher...wouldn't ever be able to do that....well at least with school type stuff

duh2150
01-11-2008, 12:52 AM
alright new dude, jsut relax im messing with you, but im seriosuly stupid tho, but yeah chillax

fliegendaffe
01-11-2008, 12:53 AM
fliegendaffe, I apologize for some of these comments... People usually like to attribute asinine remarks to me, but I keep that out of the technical forums. A lot of questions are "stupid" because they could have been answered by searching. I'm disappointed that some of these members tried to make you look dumb even though others took the time to seriously answer your question.

Don't let this kind of attitude discourage you from posting here. The performance & tech forums aren't a place for people to call you stupid. The most that should ever be said is "try searching" when somebody knows for certain the OP could have found the answer that way.

oh don't worry, i'll still post here. all forums have people that like to do stuff like that.

duh2150
01-11-2008, 01:00 AM
think of it like a test, i got fucked with like for ages, shit i still get fucked with, mainly becuase im an easy target lol

03-Galant-ES
01-11-2008, 01:31 AM
Nope.... not over yet.

You're much too enthusiastic for only having been here for... 2 days. :lol:

Okay, I really think this thread needs to end. I'm glad the OP is satisfied with the answer and I still think it WAS NOT a stupid question.

Hehe I've been around reading up on G's, but I didnt join until I had questions thats also why I dont post too much I just read.

spdracr
01-11-2008, 02:10 AM

I'll be easy about it

Now Paypal me $50..

Hey, I think he actually asked a good question. I don't think this has been discussed before in this particular context. I didn't know about the "J" VIN thing until just a few days ago.

ok i never said he asked a dumb question and yes u r right maybe this question never been really discussed but from a common knowledge and sense if anyone who dont know galants goes to the member rides section and look at pics and then goes to another section like the modding section or even the for sale section he can tell what is a jdm ans a usdm galant look like and then conclude if his car is usdm or jdm

i never flammed on him or treated him like a noob he is but he was coming back at jeff with an attitude or at least thats what i thought

QnzMostWanted
01-11-2008, 06:33 AM
....why did this even go this far

ricky_db
01-11-2008, 06:50 AM
....why did this even go this far because some think its a dum question and some like the noob and say its not :lol:

G-spot
01-11-2008, 10:12 AM
I love pancakes 8)

and this thread made my day :lol:

RAZ_76
01-11-2008, 10:14 AM
I just finished eating pancakes :lol:

Mike_Rom
01-11-2008, 10:33 AM
Now i want pancakes! :lol:

bmore303
01-11-2008, 10:54 AM
Mmmmm Pancakes.

http://en.qoob.tv/img/video/playlist/40.JPG

laxinwarrior
01-11-2008, 01:04 PM
:roll: IBTL :smt011

WarmAndSCSI
01-11-2008, 01:13 PM

I'll be easy about it

Now Paypal me $50..

ok i never said he asked a dumb question and yes u r right maybe this question never been really discussed but from a common knowledge and sense if anyone who dont know galants goes to the member rides section and look at pics and then goes to another section like the modding section or even the for sale section he can tell what is a jdm ans a usdm galant look like and then conclude if his car is usdm or jdm

i never flammed on him or treated him like a noob he is but he was coming back at jeff with an attitude or at least thats what i thought

No offense, but are you sure you even know what we mean by USDM or JDM? It kind of sounds like you're talking about body conversions... I can' t even think of very many actual JDM Galants... Triggermauve, Mante, other people from Taiwan, maybe people from Australia or New Zealand. IIRC countries in that region of the world do indeed have JDM Galants. The rest are world-spec and are LHD (except for the UK - US and Canada don't count). Surely it wouldn't be very helpful to look through the members rides section if you don't know what the difference is in the first place.

I think a lot of people came in here just to flame him, and the sad part is that a lot of you probably don't even know the answer to his question judging by how the term "JDM" is thrown around on this board.

RAZ_76
01-11-2008, 03:35 PM
That's a very simple answer, lets look at it together JDM Japanese Domestic Market, USDM United States Domestic Market so with that said. A vehicle made in Japan for Japanese market then that is JDM, so if you take parts of that vehicle, import it to USA and install it on your USDM car, then that would be considered a JDM part.
I see this term used a lot on EBay and I don't think they know what the hell it means, it will say JDM headlights but they really are blacked out USDM.
JDM parts are hard to come by unless you know somebody.

WarmAndSCSI
01-11-2008, 04:06 PM
That's a very simple answer, lets look at it together JDM Japanese Domestic Market, USDM United States Domestic Market so with that said. A vehicle made in Japan for Japanese market then that is JDM, so if you take parts of that vehicle, import it to USA and install it on your USDM car, then that would be considered a JDM part.
I see this term used a lot on EBay and I don't think they know what the hell it means, it will say JDM headlights but they really are blacked out USDM.
JDM parts are hard to come by unless you know somebody.
What's a very simple answer? :? Did you read everything else that was explained in this thread? He wasn't asking about JDM parts, just JDM cars.

fliegendaffe
01-11-2008, 04:13 PM
looks like a simple question turned into a good discussion.

Divinity
01-11-2008, 06:01 PM
looks like a simple question turned into a good discussion.

no.... not really.

RAZ_76
01-11-2008, 10:58 PM
Yes I read but now he got extra help that most noobs don't get, he also got a little history on JDM parts. No harm done! :roll: :lol:

Fishboy55
01-12-2008, 08:17 PM
Looks like the technical forum became the new home for post whores....The question was answered two pages earlier and apologies were made. Even Warm showed his tender side, so why is this still going on?

djflex167
01-15-2008, 01:50 AM
i can't believe what a JDM question leads to? Jesus Christ!! Get Over It!! :lol: