PDA

View Full Version : Guage problems

Supernova
12-28-2002, 12:34 AM
I have the AC Autotehcnic guages, and have some problems....

First. The little pad with the two buttons on it that comes with it, is that suppose to change the colors from green-blue/blue-green? If so, its not working. And the same pad doesn't light up as seen in the last picture on the this page..... https://thegalantcenter2.com/tutorials/gaug...uges/how_to.htm ('https://thegalantcenter2.com/tutorials/gauges/how_to.htm')

Secondly and lastly, when I have the stock guage dimmer all the way down, I can see the guages fine. With it all the way up, the lights for the stock guages show all the way through the new ones. What should I do about that? Take out the bulbs for the guages(not the needles)or put something in between there to stop the light?

Thanks

Messiah
12-28-2002, 01:31 AM
My little square thing that changes the color doesn't light up either, but I can still change the colors. Did you plug it in the right way, try the other way see if it works.

I just removed the bulb for the guages, there should be 5 of them.

Supernova
12-28-2002, 09:32 AM
My little square thing that changes the color doesn't light up either, but I can still change the colors. Did you plug it in the right way, try the other way see if it works.

I just removed the bulb for the guages, there should be 5 of them.

You kept the bulbs in for the needles right?

Fishboy55
12-28-2002, 10:23 AM
Hey Super, sounds like you have the button plugged in backwards like Dragon says. As far as the bleed problem you can put a drop of super glue on the indiglo gauges to hold them down to the stock faces. This will cut down on the bleed significantly.you can also use black construction paper to back the indiglos. That works too but takes more time to do.

Chip

Supernova
12-28-2002, 12:59 PM
If taking out he bulbs don't work enough, i'll go with the black counstruction paper.

Thanks. I'll see if me and my dad can rewire the gauges today and see how it turns out.

Supernova
12-28-2002, 04:02 PM
Hey Super, sounds like you have the button plugged in backwards like Dragon says. As far as the bleed problem you can put a drop of super glue on the indiglo gauges to hold them down to the stock faces. This will cut down on the bleed significantly.you can also use black construction paper to back the indiglos. That works too but takes more time to do.

Chip

The wire that form the color changer switch has a red dot on it. And the wire that connects to that has a red dot on it. Are the dots both suppose to be facing up?

A answer fast would be great.

Supernova
12-28-2002, 04:47 PM
Whoa, nevermind. We got it to work. Nothing was wrong with it(besides the light bleeding through. Took the bulbs out). We just wern't holding the button down to change the colors. :roll:

ps: sorry for the triple posts.

mrjaydeeone
12-28-2002, 07:00 PM
I pulled the bulbs out as well...

luxcrusr2000
12-28-2002, 07:18 PM
I know this sounds like a dumb question and has probably already been answered, but do the needles still light up with the bulbs pulled?

mrjaydeeone
12-28-2002, 07:26 PM
I know this sounds like a dumb question and has probably already been answered, but do the needles still light up with the bulbs pulled?

nope your needles will no longer light up

Supernova
12-28-2002, 11:10 PM

nope your needles will no longer light up

Yesh, thast what sucks. My needles won't light up now. Iw ant to put the bulbs in for the needles again, but I dont want the bleed through.

damn-no-$$$
03-13-2003, 05:42 AM
ok, i dunno if im the first one that this has happened to. my indiglos went out just all of a sudden like its losing power or something. While i was driving!! wth!! felt it, and it was hot as hell. did it burn out?? could that happen? i checked the wiring, and nothing is lose or anything. 35$, and 4 months only....sigh

Messiah
03-13-2003, 08:18 AM
Most likely the ballast for the guages went bad, you can buy a replacement one from Speedhut.

mrjaydeeone
03-13-2003, 12:08 PM
my guages kinda flicker on and off....and sometimes dim out completely
had for over a year...tey were fine up to like a month ago...whatcha think it might be

Sowndwayv
03-13-2003, 03:22 PM
so u cover the backside of the gauges completely with black construction paper?

pinoyesv6
03-13-2003, 04:31 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sowndwayv)</div><div class='quotemain'>so u cover the backside of the gauges completely with black construction paper?</div>

nope just in the areas where the light is leaking thru

Messiah
03-13-2003, 04:45 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MrJaYdEeOnE)</div><div class='quotemain'>my guages kinda flicker on and off....and sometimes dim out completely
had for over a year...tey were fine up to like a month ago...whatcha think it might be</div>

Sounds like a capacitor inside the ballast is bad...might as well get a new one. pretty sure it's not the gauges, I could be wrong...you know anyone with glow gauges where you can swap ballast just to make sure?

mrjaydeeone
03-13-2003, 09:23 PM
had for over a year...tey were fine up to like a month ago...whatcha think it might be

Sounds like a capacitor inside the ballast is bad...might as well get a new one. pretty sure it's not the gauges, I could be wrong...you know anyone with glow gauges where you can swap ballast just to make sure?

I'm gonna check the wires...might have come loose....if not where do I get a new ballast???

pinoyesv6
03-13-2003, 10:03 PM

I'm gonna check the wires...might have come loose....if not where do I get a new ballast???

them ballasts are pretty much universal. speedhut, ebay, ac autechnic should all fit ur car.

mrjaydeeone
03-13-2003, 10:15 PM
once again Pinoy...you da man