PDA

View Full Version : spark plug gap

silversurfer
01-14-2008, 10:55 AM
what does everyone gap ther plugs at?.39? 8)
and what plugs do you all recommend for the 4 cylinder.

WarmAndSCSI
01-14-2008, 11:00 AM
I thought you said you were a mechanic... 0.39 inches won't even spark under cylinder pressure. If you mean 0.039" then that's a little narrow and you could benefit from using the maximum stock gap. You'll get a better idle and possibly better fuel economy if your ignition system is up to par.

NGK BKR5E-11 (or Denso equivalent) @ 0.044" is the OEM recommended plug and gap according to NGK... FSM says 0.039 − 0.043 inch. Go toward the high end for better idle and fuel economy.

silversurfer
01-14-2008, 01:06 PM
COLDANDSTUPID do not reply to any of my posts . where can i log in a complaint . Dont insult me u pric. If you know so much as you say and you went towards the higher end like 40-43 then you would realise that that is when your tip is so worn out you have to replace your spark plugs you idiot and dont reply. thanks :smt097

polishmafia
01-14-2008, 01:12 PM
http://www.mnsportcompacts.net/forum/images/smilies/new_popcornsmiley.gif

this should get pretty good.

WarmAndSCSI
01-14-2008, 01:27 PM
COLDANDSTUPID do not reply to any of my posts . where can i log in a complaint . Dont insult me u pric. If you know so much as you say and you went towards the higher end like 40-43 then you would realise that that is when your tip is so worn out you have to replace your spark plugs you idiot and dont reply. thanks :smt097
#1 learn how to speak in ENGLISH
#2 don't EVER call out ANYBODY giving you an honest answer
#3 a larger gap is good advice because 0.039" is on the narrow side
#4 0.051" is the service limit for spark plugs on Mitsubishis
#5 STOP ASKING QUESTIONS IF YOU DON'T WANT ANSWERS

seth98esT
01-14-2008, 01:32 PM
Seriously calm down man. He gave you a compitant reply, no need to bash him like that. He was correcting your typo, it is .039 and not .39. If you cant deal with a simple answer without flaming somebody, maybe an online community isnt for you.

If this thread gets out of hand, it will be locked and warnings will be issued.