PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Tank Problem: difficulty filling up

Drucru22
01-17-2008, 09:18 PM
It always takes me forever to fill up my gas tank because the handle of the pump keeps popping constantly as if the tank is already full, even though i have just started filling. this forces me to squeeze the handle very very lightly. This happens at every gas station ive been to so i know its not a problem with their pumps. ive been having this problen since I got the car in 2003. I have searched around for this problem with no luck. any suggestions?

00GalantMan
01-18-2008, 07:58 AM
mine does the same thing....hate that shit...

Drucru22
01-19-2008, 09:24 AM
mine does the same thing....hate that shit...

frustrating isnt it? :lol: but is there a fix or do i just have to deal with it?

shovelman
01-19-2008, 09:38 AM
do you put the entire nozzle into the neck, b/c i know with my 7g i just stick the nozzle in until the bend is at the fill cap.

fatal1
01-19-2008, 10:19 AM
do you put the entire nozzle into the neck, b/c i know with my 7g i just stick the nozzle in until the bend is at the fill cap.

x2 lmao it isnt the car its the pump...a lot of them have like a built in spring type device and unless compressed it will keep popping...others just stick it in all the way

on a side note i cant believe that i just answered this question lmao :roll:

fliegendaffe
01-19-2008, 11:00 AM
x2 lmao it isnt the car its the pump...a lot of them have like a built in spring type device and unless compressed it will keep popping...others just stick it in all the way

didn't he say it has been happening since '03 at ALL the pumps and gas stations he goes to? So you're saying that all the pumps he has been to are bad?

fatal1
01-19-2008, 11:25 AM
no im saying he doesnt know how to pump gas right...that its not the car

pinoyesv6
01-19-2008, 11:33 AM
there is a vapor hose that the pump uses the vacuum from to determine if the tank is full or not. if that hose is damaged or clogged up, the pump will think that the tank is full.

fliegendaffe
01-19-2008, 11:38 AM
no im saying he doesnt know how to pump gas right...that its not the car

i've had it happen to me before at a pump or 2 and i have always pumped the gas the exact same way and put the nozzle in the same. but it was only this one pump that it happened with. thus it could be either

badmitsu
01-19-2008, 12:21 PM
all i have to do is pull it out a little and it works fine, learn how to pump gas!

Drucru22
01-19-2008, 11:39 PM
all i have to do is pull it out a little and it works fine, learn how to pump gas!

Hey im new at this im only 16 :lol: just jokin

Drucru22
01-19-2008, 11:41 PM
there is a vapor hose that the pump uses the vacuum from to determine if the tank is full or not. if that hose is damaged or clogged up, the pump will think that the tank is full.

is there an easy way to do that or should i let a mechanic look at it?