01-22-2008, 11:19 AM
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t158/vancottt/startrekqm1.jpg

I kid :lol:

QnzMostWanted
01-22-2008, 11:21 AM
gotta live up to my ricer rank :D

WarmAndSCSI
01-22-2008, 11:22 AM
Yeah, I've got some new piston rings on the way. I'm going to tape them to my roof for extra downforce.

polishmafia
01-22-2008, 11:23 AM
damn bro... clean out your cupholder hahaha ;)

QnzMostWanted
01-22-2008, 11:24 AM
lol its been like that since i got the car, too lazy to clean it

Divinity
01-22-2008, 11:26 AM
Thief!

QnzMostWanted
01-22-2008, 11:33 AM
Thief!

ur the one who walked out with it

underated
01-22-2008, 11:38 AM
D where did you get the black arm rest from?

QnzMostWanted
01-22-2008, 11:39 AM
its painted

xglantv699
01-22-2008, 11:43 AM
its painted
Cant you tell? Look at it :lol:

QnzMostWanted
01-22-2008, 11:45 AM
its painted

wasnt me who painted it! :evil:

WarmAndSCSI
01-22-2008, 11:47 AM
its painted

wasnt me who painted it! :evil:
Is that the new "faded" look interior paint from Dupli-Color?

QnzMostWanted
01-22-2008, 11:48 AM
yeah, so faded that it makes it look OEM

IVORY_G
01-22-2008, 11:52 AM
Nice pickup :) How much did you pay for those 2?
Im having trouble finding a shift knob that has a large enough diameter to fit that looks good and doesnt cost an arm and a leg.
I have one shift knob, that long aluminum one with the button at the top. The one you can buy at the Parts store or on ebay. But the diameter is too small.
And a machine shop wnated like $30 to bore it open to the size I need! :x So Im still lookin or tryin to find another shop that will do it for like $5-10 bucks.

QnzMostWanted
01-22-2008, 11:55 AM
i had to open up the hole a bit with a dremel, but it was pretty simple, took me 5 minutes to install everything

IVORY_G
01-22-2008, 12:20 PM
Yeah this knob is too long to use a dremel, u need a drill bit. Auto body shop said you need a drill press to do it in a straight line.

momo21
01-22-2008, 02:28 PM
what if u have OD(overdrive) can u still find one that could work from a junkyard?

QnzMostWanted
01-22-2008, 02:31 PM
do u ever turn ur OD off?

IVORY_G
01-22-2008, 02:34 PM
what if u have OD(overdrive) can u still find one that could work from a junkyard?

U can always wire a new switch in the dash for ur OD, then ur not limited. I've never seen an aftermarket knob with an OD switch on it.

QnzMostWanted
01-22-2008, 02:36 PM
they make aftermarket knobs with OD, but if u never turn it off, just attach the two wires together nad leave it hidden under the shifter

fatal1
01-22-2008, 02:54 PM
Im having trouble finding a shift knob that has a large enough diameter to fit that looks good and doesnt cost an arm and a leg.
I have one shift knob, that long aluminum one with the button at the top. The one you can buy at the Parts store or on ebay. But the diameter is too small.
And a machine shop wnated like $30 to bore it open to the size I need! :x So Im still lookin or tryin to find another shop that will do it for like $5-10 bucks.

you can do it with a high power drill yourself, i did it to one of my old shiftknobs on the old car...came out fine...if you have a vice etc it will be pretty easy...although obviously a machine shop will be the best

03-Galant-ES
01-22-2008, 02:55 PM
do you know what the diameter of the shift stick was?

IVORY_G
01-22-2008, 03:02 PM

you can do it with a high power drill yourself, i did it to one of my old shiftknobs on the old car...came out fine...if you have a vice etc it will be pretty easy...although obviously a machine shop will be the best

I dont have a vice, but what kind of drill bit do use for a aluminum?

WarmAndSCSI
01-22-2008, 03:03 PM

Any kind. Aluminum is a very soft metal. Even a wood bit would work :D

fatal1
01-22-2008, 03:14 PM

x2...i used a 5/8 drill bit for a first run through and then a 3/4 drill bit and it was the perfect size with some room (mine was a push down it didnt have a button so i needed a litle extra room but it was snug enough and should be a good size for you as well

03-Galant-ES
01-22-2008, 03:17 PM

x2...i used a 5/8 drill bit for a first run through and then a 3/4 drill bit and it was the perfect size with some room (mine was a push down it didnt have a button so i needed a litle extra room but it was snug enough and should be a good size for you as well

How does the pushdown work as far as is it comfortable I was thinking about getting one.

IVORY_G
01-22-2008, 03:21 PM
Ok, Yeah I was gonna get a 5/8" bcz it looked like the right size but sounds like the 3/4" is the right one. I didnt measure the size of the knob, but the machine shop said it needs to be bored to 17mm.

03-Galant-ES
01-22-2008, 03:23 PM
Yeah 17mm is probably right, the knob I was looking at is 15mm so I need to squeeze 2 more mm out