PDA

View Full Version : need ideas for my nos settup?

4G64T
12-29-2002, 10:51 PM
anybody with pics of their settup?

HeadAche
01-02-2003, 09:54 PM
i sold my complete set-up, the only pics ever taken were from the guys at Mitsu of Orlando Tech Dept, and Mike Jones of R&D at ZEX for proof of install..

4G64T
01-02-2003, 10:44 PM
aww for real you sold your setup? all of it?

Lazarus
01-02-2003, 10:45 PM
yeha I couldn't believe it when he told me. Are you going to go the FI route shane?

HeadAche
01-03-2003, 10:12 PM
No more nitrous for me.. Its time for more power.. I only sold it cuz i got tired of it, i need consistency, and less stress.. Shit i spent more time tunning the damn thing, then most turbo guys...I found someone who knew it better than anyone besides myself so i sold it.. Hated to see it go but loved, helpin him put it in... I knew i was going to do this for a while but didnt really say anything to anyone til i had everything all set-up.. but since i know u guyz fairly well.. i will let u know what im doing:.. Laz u already got a pretty good idea. TURBO, thats the only plan right now.. going to run a t3/t04 ball bearing, with a FMIC..what the parts are, not going to tell.. the work starts 2morrow morning... Oh dont worry bout the tranny, bullets wont hurt it... :wink:

4G64T
01-04-2003, 05:59 PM
good luck man i cant wait to hear about how this setup goes considering how your nitrous was

HeadAche
01-04-2003, 11:25 PM
Thanks for the vote of confidence bro, im gonna need it.. I pulled out the motor this morning and she's on the engine lift.. Was re-doing motor mounts, i had a cracked mount probably from the last time i was at the track.. Sunday we pull the parts im going to need, put everything out and see how were going to do it.. Damn i love this stuff.. Laz or even Whips and Chains, what are the chances of blowin up this motor trying to frankenstein a t-68?my boyz supra has the t-68 with only 8k good miles on it, and he is droppin by early sunday moring to give it to me and help me put the parts out and see whats useable and what to use and not to use..

4G64T
01-05-2003, 01:26 AM
woah a t-68 damn one of my boyz over here is putting a t-70 in a 5.0 mustang a t-68 in a auto galant i dont know but i sure as hell dont doubt you of all people can pull it off

Fishboy55
01-05-2003, 09:30 AM
Great news Shane. I know you'll miss your NOS, but I can relate to the stress involved with it. Hopefully the turbo will be a whole lot less headaches for you. Good luck and keep us posted.

Chip

HeadAche
01-05-2003, 03:23 PM
Yeah i'll miss the nitrous, but after so long with it and all the weird problems i needed a change, and this is the way to go right now, with how the import industry is going.. Okay for what I have laid out in my garage with my boy its a:

T-68 ball-bearing Turbo
Greddy FMIC 18x3 i think w/ stainless steel pipping
GSX ECU
OBD II Datalogger
Greddy wastegate
Greddy SSBV
Titanium valve springs
Titanium retainers
550cc injectors
Jet Super monster flow intake, imported from Canada (long story)

this is what i have right now... anyone running a turbo charger is you have any suggestions on what to change or add let me know.. whatever it is i can get.. Ohh, the tranny is bulletproofed, with the TC..