PDA

View Full Version : Back 2 Normal 9 *Discussion Thread*

ICEMAN99TURBO
01-23-2008, 07:34 PM
I only have one thing to say to my C3G Crew.....

http://www.club3g.com/forum/images/smilies/woot.gifhttp://www.club3g.com/forum/images/smilies/headspin.gif
Memorial Day Weekend 2008!http://www.club3g.com/forum/images/smilies/woot.gifhttp://www.club3g.com/forum/images/smilies/headspin.gif

Yes, as talked about months after B2N8 and at Farewell Breakfast B2N8, we are moving the Annual Back 2 Normal Meet back to the Memorial Day weekend. Which means Thrusday Night - Sunday Morning will be nothing but fun in the town of Normal, IL. http://www.club3g.com/forum/images/smilies/woot.gif

I have started this thread so as we can get excited and pumped for this years coming event to be held on May 23-25 2008. What do we want to do, what do you want to change, how can we make it better. I want to hear from you! I already sent an email to our contact at the factory and will be talking with her all the way up to the 21st of May. So lets get them ideas flowing.

ICEMAN99TURBO
01-23-2008, 07:35 PM
We are in talks with the other 3G and 4G members about setting up a Poker Run for that Saturday of the meet. If anyone lives close and would be interested in helping, please post up. :mrgreen:

ericbla03
01-23-2008, 09:58 PM
You know ill be there !!!........ actually im already there 8)

DOHCstunr
01-23-2008, 10:21 PM
seriously considering.

i know seth will be there.

fliegendaffe
01-23-2008, 10:24 PM
i'm here already....but not for much longer :-(

seth98esT
01-23-2008, 10:55 PM
If I havent left for the West coast yet, count me in.

ICEMAN99TURBO
01-24-2008, 05:00 PM
Do any of you local guys what to help me set up for the Poker Run idea?

fliegendaffe
01-24-2008, 05:08 PM
i would if i could, but i'll prolly be in a different state by then

2002BlackDragon
01-24-2008, 08:51 PM
I will see if i can get in on this!

laxinwarrior
01-24-2008, 10:09 PM
Wow, can't believe I missed this thread. I'll be there this year.

SkylineG1
01-24-2008, 10:11 PM
hopefully I can make it this time.

RedGalant2k1
01-24-2008, 11:23 PM
Good to know this early.

QnzMostWanted
01-25-2008, 08:48 AM
im thinking about it, from NY its a 14 hour drive....

quicksilver22
01-25-2008, 08:51 AM
Good to know this early.
x2. pending work, count me in.

slickrick
01-26-2008, 12:09 AM
pending business schedule i would be up for it...
what are hotels going for per night around there?

i may have talked a friend into buying a VR-4 Galant, so maybe he will come too, ill get him on the boards eventually.

how many people usually come to this B2N thing?

fliegendaffe
01-26-2008, 12:11 AM

i may have talked a friend into buying a VR-4 Galant, so maybe he will come too, ill get him on the boards eventually.

depending on the hotel, you can go all the way from about $35-150+. just really depends on what the hotel is and quality/location.

fliegendaffe
01-26-2008, 12:12 AM
im thinking about it, from NY its a 14 hour drive....
sounds like my 10-11 hour drive to canada this weekend.

2002BlackDragon
01-26-2008, 11:29 AM
Like i said, i will try. But it is going to be a little hard getting off from the Prison on Memorial Day. But i will try.

Galant306m
01-26-2008, 10:18 PM
^^^ LOL get off from prison. Ill try this time. hehe should be able to make it i dont see any problems that would keep me from coming.

qnz
01-26-2008, 11:24 PM
i know a few of us NY guys want to make this trip. im 50/50 for now

RedGalant2k1
01-27-2008, 07:14 AM

Last time I went it was about 50. In the last few years its expanded quite a bit. Probably several hundred, including Galants, Eclipses, EVOs, 3KGTs, or any other Mitsubishi.

ericbla03
01-27-2008, 11:43 AM

Last time I went it was about 50. In the last few years its expanded quite a bit. Probably several hundred, including Galants, Eclipses, EVOs, 3KGTs, or any other Mitsubishi.

At the last show there was about 8-10 TGC Members. About 15 Club3G members, and I would estimate about 150-200 cars total. But the real fun is AFTER the show!!! GO CARTS FTW.

ICEMAN99TURBO
01-27-2008, 04:00 PM

Woh woh woh everyone. :lol: It is great to hear everyone interested in coming and it is great to know. Seeing this kind of responce let the factory know there is a hell of a following after all these years. :D

As for the hotel, and the attendence, theads will be made will all the info you need in the coming months ahead. We still have plenty of time for all of that, I am just getting the word out of the date and to see if anyone has any ideas of what we can all do.

As stated above, we will have a thread on the hotel. We (as a group) take over the Days Inn in Normal. That is the hotel we ALL stay at, and I set up a bock of rooms for all who attend the event. KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR THREAD.

I also want to set up an event beside the car show for Saturday, hence the Poker Run idea. So if ANYONE, would like to help who is in the area, PLEASE ME ME!!

As far as number attending, we have anywhere from 30-45 cars that attend. Hope to have more this year with the excitement of the Galants and the 4Gs. The last 2 years have been very poor turnout for these 2 models.

6G72T
01-27-2008, 06:08 PM
deffinatley thinking about coming this year. I haven't ever gone to any of the past B2N meets. I'll keep you guys posted. But like 83.648% sure we will be there. I'll try and get the other 3 together.

Steve

2002BlackDragon
01-27-2008, 06:20 PM
^^^ LOL get off from prison. Ill try this time. hehe should be able to make it i dont see any problems that would keep me from coming.

Whats wrong with that? A mans gotta work, right?!

fliegendaffe
01-27-2008, 07:32 PM
if i am home, i will go.

Galant306m
02-02-2008, 04:10 PM
My only question is if I come will i have to have my car in the car show?? My car is far from wanting or needing to be with any nice looking cars lol. Cancer FTL.

CHICAGO_ONE
02-03-2008, 03:12 AM
My only question is if I come will i have to have my car in the car show?? My car is far from wanting or needing to be with any nice looking cars lol. Cancer FTL.

Its not really a "show". They do show off some cars, do dyno comps, and have some judging here and there, buts moreso just a Mitsubishi Owners Day. aka one big ass car meet. (plus some families and free gear). It's a dope time, I suggest you come. See some tight cars, and like Eric said, the time After MOD is the best. lol

Kalamidad
02-03-2008, 01:33 PM
i know a few of us NY guys want to make this trip. im 50/50 for now

TGCNY knows i've been wanting to go to this for years!! I'm gonna try to get my car re-sprayed by then i get it done and TGCNY makes the trip I am there. I AM THERE!!!! 16 hours from Houston. Peice of cake.

Galant306m
02-03-2008, 06:44 PM
im really hoping that i can make it. Im going to save some money so that i can make it. Really want to come to this. i should have my car lowered so it will look alright.

Galant306m
02-03-2008, 10:17 PM
Might have a guy with a turbo 3g coming along with me.

slickrick
02-06-2008, 12:48 AM
is theft and or vandalizing a big factor at this meet? seeing how there will be lots of moded cars around?

RAZ_76
02-06-2008, 01:03 AM
Dang! Thats a 10 hour drive for me.

Kalamidad
02-06-2008, 08:50 PM

16 for me. but it's one of those things you will be glad you did and you'll remember.

fliegendaffe
02-06-2008, 09:16 PM
it took me about 11 hours to go from bloomington/normal to toronto

AVERAGE
02-07-2008, 02:15 AM
Would love to be one of the few if any to come from NC. Ill have to become Dollar Menunaire for a few months..

laxinwarrior
02-07-2008, 10:05 AM

Let me know if you want to make the drive, I'll be down in OK for one of my friends birthdays and will be driving to B2N from there.

RAZ_76
02-07-2008, 10:10 AM
Well, I'm thinking that maybe people from Texas that are going, have to drive thru OKC, we can all meet up and head together in a caravan. That would be awesome!

Galant306m
02-07-2008, 12:00 PM
its like 3 hrs for me haha. Rick let if your planning to go down we should meet up in Racine and ill follow you or you follow me, ah F it we can race there lol jk. I got a gps so should be easy for us to find the place.

Kalamidad
02-09-2008, 04:15 PM
Ok, so i'm officially confused.
This is BACK 2 NORMAL, not Factory MOD?
What is the difference between the two?
When is MOD?
Where is MOD?
which is the bigger event of the two?

I was under the impression that this was the bigger event and have been planning on how to go. someone enlighten me please?

WarmAndSCSI
02-09-2008, 04:17 PM
Yeah, I'm sure they're two different events. Factory MOD is hosted by Mitsu... and they give out free stuff just like at MOD in Cypress. I'm guessing Factory MOD is a larger event, who knows?

CHICAGO_ONE
02-09-2008, 05:15 PM
The way I see it, "Back to Normal" is simply the name given by the Club3G guys for a meet before/after the Midwest MOD. ICEMAN organizes it so we get a good deal and all stay at the same hotel, hang out the night before, go to MOD, then go out afterwards and eat, drink, go karting, etc.

MOD, Mitsubishi Owners Day, is held at the factory. That involves hundreds of outsider Mitsu owners, plus the "B2N" crew from Club3G, TGC, and friends.

fliegendaffe
02-09-2008, 05:25 PM
so this is MOD?

G-spot
02-09-2008, 05:48 PM
count me in :)

2002BlackDragon
02-09-2008, 06:47 PM
I'm confused too. Is this MOD?

WarmAndSCSI
02-09-2008, 07:02 PM
This is not MOD.

I'm thinking about attending, however... hmmmm. Will the Galant be done by then? Who knows.

CHICAGO_ONE
02-10-2008, 12:31 PM
Actually this IS factory MOD.
B2N is just a name for a meet between TGC and Club3G, which takes place before and after Factory MOD.
I was there last year. We (Club 3G and TGC) stay at the Days Inn, hang out the night before MOD. Go to MOD, then after the factory event is over, we go out and party/hang/whatever.

Back 2 Normal = Factory MOD

G-spot
02-10-2008, 01:08 PM
But if Factory MOD is slated for mid-late summer, then what is exactly is B2N (let alone why that date) ? I don't feel like leading a caravan of Galants from Texas just to "chill for the night". Mind y'all, I wouldn't miss this for the world. If Factory MOD was included in the meet, I'm 100%, but if not, is it worth the investment to drive 16 hrs there?

Kalamidad
02-10-2008, 02:50 PM

OK. So with that said, YES. TGCTX will be making the trip B2N for FACTORY MOD.

sorry for the confusion everyone.

Spread the word. Back 2 Normal = Factory MOD

2002BlackDragon
02-10-2008, 04:51 PM
Right on!!! I will try to be there!

Galant306m
02-14-2008, 04:06 PM
i just booked my room. im going to be in the bestwestern. its got the best price. So far its me and two others comming one galant and two eclipses. We were wondering if there were any fees for the event? This is going to be fun as hell! Im pumped! :)

fliegendaffe
02-14-2008, 04:38 PM
OK. So with that said, YES. TGCTX will be making the trip B2N for FACTORY MOD.

sorry for the confusion everyone.

first this was factory MOD, then it was said it wasn't, now it is back to being factory MOD.....can we make up our minds please?

QnzMostWanted
02-14-2008, 04:42 PM
for realz, cuz i aint driving just for B2N8, im driving for Factory MOD, can someone confirm please....

CHICAGO_ONE
02-14-2008, 05:31 PM
i just booked my room. im going to be in the bestwestern. its got the best price. So far its me and two others comming one galant and two eclipses. We were wondering if there were any fees for the event? This is going to be fun as hell! Im pumped! :)

Dude, you should've waited. ICEMAN from Club3G reserves a block of rooms at the holiday inn and we get a really nice deal. 2 Bed rooms for the price of a single. Ahh Owell, at least you're going.

By the way,

B2N is the same as MOD
There is no fee either.

Stewi
02-14-2008, 06:44 PM
Someone remind me when time comes to get the deal on rooms, if we can get a decent crew of people from TGC to go, I will go and I will drive the beast!

Galant306m
02-14-2008, 08:13 PM
Dude, you should've waited. ICEMAN from Club3G reserves a block of rooms at the holiday inn and we get a really nice deal. 2 Bed rooms for the price of a single. Ahh Owell, at least you're going.

By the way,

B2N is the same as MOD
There is no fee either.

Hmm i got until two weeks before to cancel the room. ill cancel it tomorrow and have ice man get me two rooms. lol didnt know that. Plus it will be awsome to have the same hotel as everyone hahaha we shal own the pool area with beer, beer, and more beer.

run1206
02-14-2008, 08:27 PM
i'm sure i'll be done with school by then, count me in as a maybe for now 8)

Blue Ice
02-15-2008, 01:07 PM
i want to go too. i'll try to have my car running by then. This gives me a deadline.

6G72T
02-16-2008, 10:51 AM
You guys have it all wrong.

MOD has no date set yet. Thats put together by and for Mitsubishi. Thats is far more larger of a meet that B2N.

B2N is done by club3G and TGC. They have some friends and shit come. It's much smaller, but still a good meet. I have only been to MOD. B2N I have missed the last couple.

Note that this thread said B2N 9, there have only been 2 MOD meets. Thats it. there, I cleared it up.

Steve

G-spot
02-17-2008, 02:13 PM
is the meet held at the mitsu factory parking lot?

seth98esT
02-17-2008, 02:46 PM
They are two different meets. Back 2 Normal is a smaller user organized meet, not organized by Mitsu like Factory Mod. When Ive ben to B2N, we all crashed at the Days Inn, had a party/meet at the hotel Friday night, a show/BBQ Saturday afternoon at a park, then everyone rolls to the factory to get a tour and picture up front, usually a rally to a resteraunt Sat night, then gokarts Sunday afternoon.

For Factory MOD, I didnt show up till Saturday morning, just went straight to the factory where Mitsu setup the meet. Had everyone organized by type of car, big tents with free giveaways and showing off some of their past/present cars. They had the big raffle giveaway late in the afternoon, everyone started to leave around 5 or 6? I cant remember.

B2N /= Factory MOD.

fliegendaffe
02-17-2008, 02:54 PM
lets just say, i'll be there if i am still living anywhere close to B/N after I get out of school

ICEMAN99TURBO
02-19-2008, 06:06 PM
Its not really a "show". They do show off some cars, do dyno comps, and have some judging here and there, buts moreso just a Mitsubishi Owners Day. aka one big ass car meet. (plus some families and free gear). It's a dope time, I suggest you come. See some tight cars, and like Eric said, the time After MOD is the best. lol

Ok, so i'm officially confused.
This is BACK 2 NORMAL, not Factory MOD?
What is the difference between the two?
When is MOD?
Where is MOD?
which is the bigger event of the two?

I was under the impression that this was the bigger event and have been planning on how to go. someone enlighten me please?

The way I see it, "Back to Normal" is simply the name given by the Club3G guys for a meet before/after the Midwest MOD. ICEMAN organizes it so we get a good deal and all stay at the same hotel, hang out the night before, go to MOD, then go out afterwards and eat, drink, go karting, etc.

MOD, Mitsubishi Owners Day, is held at the factory. That involves hundreds of outsider Mitsu owners, plus the "B2N" crew from Club3G, TGC, and friends.

Back to Normal is a meet that was set up way back in the year 2000 that alowed the owners of the 3rd Gen Eclipse, Dodge Stratus, Galant to come together to visit the birth place of our cars. Like " MOD" B2N is of the same nature, but only to those who's cars were actually built in the Normal, IL plant (Not Lancers, Evos, ect). Where MOD is and "Mitsubishi Owners Day" open to everyone, just having it at the North America Plant.

So no one else gets confused, B2N is the original. The select few who started this meet back in 2000 have since moved on and are not apart of it now. I am the 4 person to take over the meet from the 2 guys that brought this all together. Again, this is not my meet, it is everyones, I just help to make it happen. B2N is also a tad better than MOD, to where our group has a tad more things at the factory and it is on a more personal level. We have the personal tour, special shopping not open to everyone or even at MOD, Meet and great with the tech, and owners, to where we are alowed to ask questions and they answer.

Among the other things we do, there are tons of videos up on YOUTUBE among pictures. All that can be found in the link below. I thought I had a thread posted about the meet, but it seems to be missing. So here is the same one from C3G.

http://www.club3g.com/forum/national-forum/announcement-welcome-national-forum-section.html

http://www.myspace.com/back_2_normal

Ahhhh, close, but not 100%.

:lol: Close, but not 100% It is "like" MOD, but is not MOD.

By the way,

B2N is the same as MOD
There is no fee either.

Yes, please hang on people.. I will have everything up for you in due time. :)

:lol: B2N is not MOD. Man, I wish I would have checked this sooner.

WarmAndSCSI
02-19-2008, 06:08 PM
Hmmm... I was right then. Go figure.

I guess I may be going to both in that case. Somebody will need to drive to come bail me out if my car breaks down.

QnzMostWanted
02-19-2008, 06:10 PM
i'll pass on that TJ, but i"ll be at B2N hopefully

ICEMAN99TURBO
02-19-2008, 06:13 PM
Hmmm... I was right then. Go figure.

I guess I may be going to both in that case. Somebody will need to drive to come bail me out if my car breaks down.

Trust me... B2N will be better. I am a season vet, and once you have been to a MOD, you have been to them all.

.. Although, I guess you could say that about B2N, but it again, is more on a personal level.

ICEMAN99TURBO
02-19-2008, 06:52 PM
Oh.. and just to clear some more things up. Last year ( B2N8 ), we had it at MOD07 just to see if we could boost the number in attendence. We found out that the weekend was way too short, and we were not treated as nice as what we are on Memorial Day Weekend. It was more or less a trial last year with MOD, so that is pretty much why some people see B2N = MOD.

Kalamidad
02-19-2008, 07:29 PM
ohhhhh, ok. OK. i'll have to get back to you guys then. i don't know which one i'll make it to. Thanks for clearing that up though ICEMAN

CHICAGO_ONE
02-19-2008, 09:10 PM
Oh.. and just to clear some more things up. Last year ( B2N8 ), we had it at MOD07 just to see if we could boost the number in attendence. We found out that the weekend was way too short, and we were not treated as nice as what we are on Memorial Day Weekend. It was more or less a trial last year with MOD, so that is pretty much why some people see B2N = MOD.

No wonder. Well that explains why I determined they were the same event. thanks for clearing this up.
Maybe a new, revived thread should be posted. lol

Blue Ice
02-20-2008, 10:18 AM
Does anyone know what weekend MOD will be. I think having one on one time with Factory techs, and being able to tour the plant would be cool for my first time going to either. Plus it's longer, and if i'm driving all that way i don't want to have to turn right around and drive back. Right now (depending on the turnout) B2N is better for me.

6G72gearhead
02-20-2008, 04:20 PM
I'm really looking at going to both this year.

TJ, if it breaks you will be close enough to KC that I can hook you up with getting it fixed, pretty much no matter what.

Galant306m
02-20-2008, 05:17 PM
Im looking forward to comming. Should have some stuff done by the time B2N rolls around. Maby a turbo. Maby got to see how things are going by then.

ICEMAN99TURBO
02-20-2008, 06:10 PM
No wonder. Well that explains why I determined they were the same event. thanks for clearing this up.
Maybe a new, revived thread should be posted. lol

No prob. I will be around more now, since I have all my setting fixed. :D

Galant306m
02-20-2008, 09:30 PM
Iceman let me know when you are booking rooms im going to take on!

ICEMAN99TURBO
02-21-2008, 04:55 PM
Iceman let me know when you are booking rooms im going to take on!

The Hotel thread should be up no later than Mid-March.

Also, we have the Poker Run idea under way for Saturday. We are still in the planning stages, but I am sure it will be tons of fun and the 1st year for it. :)

Kalamidad
03-03-2008, 07:13 PM
i won't be making it. Sorry guys. I really wanted to too. :(

amoung other things, i didn't get the week i asked for a work.

ICEMAN99TURBO
03-03-2008, 07:23 PM
Hotel and Atendence threads will be up this month.

kbeast
04-30-2008, 12:54 AM
anyone from the east coast want to cruise together

run1206
04-30-2008, 01:01 AM
gotta get off work that day :?
i don't wanna miss the go-karts either...