PDA

View Full Version : FOGGY WINDSHILD!

Galant306m
01-24-2008, 02:56 PM
Ok its really cold in WI right now and when driving after i get my defrosters going, my windows still fog up and i have to open my window for a bit get get them to clear. the most annoying part is my widshield fogs up starting from the top until it gets to the middle. There are only two things that i can think of that would be causing this problem other wise i got nothing. First problem that might cause this is that my ac belt broke last summer, now what im thinking is, dose the ac run with the defrosters to pull moisture out of the car?? Second problem that might be causing this is the aircurclation button dose not work and it is stuck on, if i turn it off i get an annoying clicking sound on the passenger side by the floor?? ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT!!

fliegendaffe
01-24-2008, 03:07 PM
there is tones of anti-fog/glass cleaner out there that actually works. what some are called, i can't remember because it's been a very long time.

ohgrfreak
01-25-2008, 06:27 AM
A/C does not run automatically when you are on defrost setting. Although it is a good quick fog solution to turn the A/C on for a minute to clear stubborn fog, I use it sometimes. But the other suggestion is to clean the heck out of your windshield and then apply some anti-fog stuff, Rain-X makes something to that effect.

pinoyesv6
01-25-2008, 10:09 AM
my windshield fogs up near the top too on very cold days.

at least in my experience, I think its my body heat that fogs up the windshield. especially since I usually drive alone and the fog is more concerntrated on the drivers side.

i either do one of three things to remedy this. roll down the windows and drive in the cold, finally turn on the heat, or both. which is pretty awesome with that icy hot feeling.

QnzMostWanted
01-25-2008, 10:45 AM
my honda and my dad's caddy both turn the A/C on when u put on the front window defogger

eksz
01-25-2008, 12:18 PM
The cause of the clicking noise when the the air recirulation switch is on is that one of the plastic gears in the air recirculating motor has a broke tooth or two. You can replace the unit with one from a junk yard or take it apart and turn the gear 180 degress to make it work. Do a search for specific on how to fix.

When the air recirculating motor isn't working you are not getting fresh air in the cabin so all the hunidity from your breath and body heat is trapped in the car where it condenses on the windsheld. You can try running your AC to dry out the hunidity or driving with windows cracked until the car warms up but the best bet is to replace/repair the air recirculating motor.

eksz
01-25-2008, 04:07 PM
Follow the link below to see a post from xsilentx who had a similar problem with the clicking noise The post also includes a picture of the recirc motor (the part that is defecitive). https://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28078&highlight=clicking

If you read the entire post they say not to take it apart. If you want to fix it instead of replaceing it you will have to take it apart. BTW, You have nothing to lose by taking it apart especially if you are going to replace it. It is a pain to get everything back in place so I recommend you take a photo before pulling the gears out.

icweirdppl
01-25-2008, 04:18 PM
just warm your car up in the morning and leave the demisters cranking and leave it for 5 mins lol come back and its all toasty and fog free :D

Galant306m
01-25-2008, 09:29 PM
^^^ LOL yea i use my remote start like 10 mins before i want to go out. the fog dose not stop comming though. it grows. lol and im going to fix that gear cause i swear that has to be the probelm. BTW my ac dosnt work i need a new belt.