PDA

View Full Version : Remote Wiring

galantgtz02
01-25-2008, 11:11 AM
I just got this remote from ebay just a basic one to lok/unlock the doors and open the trunk until I can get a better one I am trying to program it but it is telling me to locate the data port...what does it look like and where is it?

RAZ_76
01-25-2008, 11:18 AM
Right under the dash around where your right knee would be if it was under the dash. It's a plug in other words where you would run a scan on your car.

galantgtz02
01-25-2008, 11:33 AM
oh okay here are the insturctions that they gave me to program it..."
1. Locate the Data Port under drivers side dashboard usually located to the right of steering column.
2.Insert keys in ignition and leave in the OFF position
3.Make sure there are metal contact pins in terminals 1 and 4 and connect the Data Port terminals 1 and 4 with a suitable jumper wire, leave the jumper wire connected throughout the programming procedure. Make sure you know which terminals are 1 and 4.
So do i need something else to do this? i am so confused

underated
01-25-2008, 04:06 PM
this post has the pin locations for the connector
https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewtopic.php?t=55163&highlight=program+programme+remote

Lomo2117
01-26-2008, 01:29 PM
bro just take a piece of wire, strip both ends and stick one end in port 1 and one in port 4 and continue on with programing

Divinity
01-26-2008, 01:32 PM
Be careful doing this, I shocked the hell out of myself programming my remote lol
And when have to press the hazard lights, do it really fast, don't do it the way you think you should because it won't work that way all the time.