PDA

View Full Version : coilovers on jus the front

antmoneygtz
12-30-2002, 02:57 AM
whats up guys... ok well i bought 18 inch konigz and i cant stand that gap in my front wheel wells.. so i have decided i want to drop it... now my rear end is fine... i have a box in the back which dropped it alil bit so the back is cool with me... wat i really wanna do is jus drop the front end... cuz i mean its bad... theres like a 4 finger gap... what i was thinking was springs... but i dont wanna have to replace my shocks after a certain amount of miles... so i have decided to go with coilovers... 1st things first... what type of coilovers do u guys suggest... second... what will i need to be replacing inorder for my suspension to last the life of the car... because i wanna drop it in the summer... then come winter i wanna be able to raise it again, put my stock 16s on and go... and third what do u think a price range is for jus my front end... any replies will b great... thanx...

pinoyesv6
12-30-2002, 07:50 AM
first of all, u can't just buy coilovers for just the front. u gotta buy the set of 4

secondly, with any kind of drop, it will lead to more stress on your front struts and in an end result reducing the lifetime of ur srtuts

if you want something to last the life of the car, try looking into the suspension products that will be coming out in the near future like the tien full suspension, the one norcal is thinking of making and of couse the kit made by JIC. the prices are a lil pricey but u get what u pay for.

lastly changing the heigh of the car is the easy part. the only problem is, is that u gotta get an alignment everytime u do that. if u want soemthing that u can change the height of at anytmie and not worry about alignment, think about bags

antmoneygtz
12-30-2002, 11:05 AM
yea i figured i would have to get a set of four... i jus maybe thought u guyz mite know a place where i could get to... but yea, ive been thinkin about bags... i gotta friend wit a white chevy pickup... he spent 2800 oh his air suspension... but its great cuz he can jus lower and raise it whenever he wants... im thinkin of considerin that but i got no place to put the compressor... lol... what do u guys think about bags??? pros and cons??? thanx....

Lazarus
12-30-2002, 11:11 AM
well there are alot of places you can get them but I would check the forsale forums and get a set of used ones. no need in buying struts and coilovers brand new just to use the 2 fronts.